Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Welcome to the eMobile thread, on Boards to answer your queries

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,004 ✭✭✭opus

opus wrote: »
    Thanks for the video Tony but the question remains should it be enabled or not for eMobile?

I'm just looking for an enable or disable answer.

Thanks!

Sorry to keep going back to this but all I want to know is should Fast Dormancy be enabled or disabled for the eMobile network :confused:

• Company Representative Posts: 424 Verified rep eMobile: Tony

MidlandsM wrote: »
    tony, please tell me, when roaming in the uk, are you charged when you;

A; receive calls?
    B; Check voicemail on 171?

Hi Midlands,

Apologies for the delayed response.

There is no charge for customers to receive a call whilst roaming in the UK from any UK or Irish mobile providing you are using T-mobile UK network.

There is also no charges for accessing your own voicemail.

If you click on the link below it will give you full terms and conditions

http://www.emobile.ie/assets/static/pdfs/uk_ni_roaming_v2.pdf

Thanks

Tony

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

Thanks Tony..... I knew you're a busy man too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Itchyness

Hello, I am a new customer who wants to switch to emobile from meteor. I signed up to an online offer as advertised. I received an email this morning asking for a deposit on my account for a period of 6 months. I was surprised as this was not made clear at any point in the ordering process. I spoke to a very nice person from customer care, however she was very limited in how she could help. So from reading this thread it seems to be the same story as many other customers, I have to write to the credit control department to find out why a deposit is being looked for. Now as you can imagine this is not an effective resolution process for me. Considering that I know my credit rating and I am sure that the credit control people know it, then I feel it is not reasonable for emobile to hold my money for 6 months.

1) Is it possible to speak to someone who is has the authority to explain to me why you guys require a deposit? Are there any other remedies available?

2) If it is the case that I have to put pen to paper and write to the credit control people then do you acknowledge how inconvenient a process this is?

3) It is highly likely that I missed where it stated that you might require a security deposit, could you point out to me where it was stated in the ordering process?

I have a ref number if that helps.

Cheers,

Liam

Itchyness wrote: »
    Hello, I am a new customer who wants to switch to emobile from meteor. I signed up to an online offer as advertised. I received an email this morning asking for a deposit on my account for a period of 6 months. I was surprised as this was not made clear at any point in the ordering process. I spoke to a very nice person from customer care, however she was very limited in how she could help. So from reading this thread it seems to be the same story as many other customers, I have to write to the credit control department to find out why a deposit is being looked for. Now as you can imagine this is not an effective resolution process for me. Considering that I know my credit rating and I am sure that the credit control people know it, then I feel it is not reasonable for emobile to hold my money for 6 months.

1) Is it possible to speak to someone who is has the authority to explain to me why you guys require a deposit? Are there any other remedies available?

2) If it is the case that I have to put pen to paper and write to the credit control people then do you acknowledge how inconvenient a process this is?

3) It is highly likely that I missed where it stated that you might require a security deposit, could you point out to me where it was stated in the ordering process?

I have a ref number if that helps.

Cheers,

Liam
    Hi Liam
    yes I happy to chase this for you. If you can PM me the ref number and your telephone number I can advise in this matter.
    Tony

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭brian_m

brian_m wrote: »
    Hi,

I have a HTC sensation and live in the South East. Over the last week my phone is frequently losing all signal and then going through the 'registering on network screen' in areas where I never had signal issues before. It is also randomly switching itself off... I believe this is related to the device switching between GSM & WDCMA...? Are there any recent problems in the South East with cell coverage in general or are other Sensation customers calling you with the same problems. It is extremely disruptive and annoying

Hi brian_m,

Could you PM me your mobile number and PIN and I will look into this.

Tony

Tony

I have had the sim card replaced as instructed but the phone is still switching off randomly... Extremely annoying, I don't know whether it's on or off in my pocket most of the time and missing a lot of calls as a result...

What is the next step?

Thanks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Is it possible to see a map of Emobile coverage? I have had an S3 since June and its impossible to get a H+ connection in my house or surrounding areas, i live in a fairly populated area and in other parts of the town i have full H+ but can barely even get a 3G connection at home.

brian_m wrote: »
    Tony

I have had the sim card replaced as instructed but the phone is still switching off randomly... Extremely annoying, I don't know whether it's on or off in my pocket most of the time and missing a lot of calls as a result...

What is the next step?

Thanks

Hi brian_m,

Sorry to hear this has not resolved the issue for you. Your best option is to get the phone sent away for repair. You can avail of a loan phone from the store at a cost of €60 which is refunded to you after your phone has been returned.

Let me know if you have any other queries.

Tony
    Melion wrote: »
    Is it possible to see a map of Emobile coverage? I have had an S3 since June and its impossible to get a H+ connection in my house or surrounding areas, i live in a fairly populated area and in other parts of the town i have full H+ but can barely even get a 3G connection at home.

Hi Melion,

You can view our coverage map on this link: http://www.emobile.ie/phonesplansmore/coverage/ If you PM your mobile number pin and location I can get this investigated by our technical team.

Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Itchyness

Hi tony, is there any update on my case?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

PM sent Tony

• Advertisement

Itchyness wrote: »
    Hi tony, is there any update on my case?

Hi Itchyness,

I will check for an update for you and will be in contact shortly.

Tony
    Melion wrote: »
    PM sent Tony

Hi Melion,

Thank you for advising of the PM. I will look into this for you now.

Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭corcaigh1

Well having been a past customer of E-Mobile about 2 or 3 years ago I had problems with there service and left to go with Three mobile but I decided to return to E-Mobile about 6 months ago and give them another try because I fancied there thirty 20 offer.

Anyway E-Mobile have a 1743 number that I call once a month which has an automated answering service with my visa card details saved. I just enter a 4 digit passcode and top up €20 once a month for the Thirty 20 plan, nice and simple and no issues with E-Mobile since re-joining

Yesterday I rang this 1743 number to top up and instead of the automated answering service I was put through to a customer care representative. I queried with the rep why this was happening and she expalined the need to verify my details. Fair enough, I gave her my details and visa card number etc and she went ahead and topped me up for my Thirty 20 plan.
    Job done I hung up and got a text 3 mins later to say ive been topped up by €30..EH WHAT?? Straight away I rang back and spoke to a rep who put me through to a speciality team. A rep informed me that it was a mistake and I would be re-imbursed €30 onto my visa card which will take 3-5 days. I queried that I was only owed €10 but he said that €30 will be returned. Fair enough..happy out.

Today I was doing some routine transfers on my online banking website and noticed that in fact E-Mobile debited my visa card €30 and €20 so in fact took FIFTY EURO off me for a €20 top up for a plan that I have been on since joining so they were well aware of what amount was to be debited.

Well I was lived and rang customer care and had to explain this situation to two different reps untill finally been transfered to the speciality team, explained the situation again to a rep and tried to negotiate a return of the €30 through an E-Mobile Outlet because I was in need of the funds this week. He insisted it would be returned to my visa debit card which will take 3-5 days so leaves me out of pocket this week. Received no apology for there mistaske or perhaps a gesture of goodwill by offering free credit etc. Some cheek so Lets just say my choice of language on the phone wasnt of the civil sort.

Im livid over the abysmal customer care and as soon as my monthly offer is finished ill take my money elsewhere besides E-Mobile/Meteor. Good riddance.

corcaigh1 wrote: »
    Well having been a past customer of E-Mobile about 2 or 3 years ago I had problems with there service and left to go with Three mobile but I decided to return to E-Mobile about 6 months ago and give them another try because I fancied there thirty 20 offer.

Anyway E-Mobile have a 1743 number that I call once a month which has an automated answering service with my visa card details saved. I just enter a 4 digit passcode and top up €20 once a month for the Thirty 20 plan, nice and simple and no issues with E-Mobile since re-joining

Yesterday I rang this 1743 number to top up and instead of the automated answering service I was put through to a customer care representative. I queried with the rep why this was happening and she expalined the need to verify my details. Fair enough, I gave her my details and visa card number etc and she went ahead and topped me up for my Thirty 20 plan.
    Job done I hung up and got a text 3 mins later to say ive been topped up by €30..EH WHAT?? Straight away I rang back and spoke to a rep who put me through to a speciality team. A rep informed me that it was a mistake and I would be re-imbursed €30 onto my visa card which will take 3-5 days. I queried that I was only owed €10 but he said that €30 will be returned. Fair enough..happy out.

Today I was doing some routine transfers on my online banking website and noticed that in fact E-Mobile debited my visa card €30 and €20 so in fact took FIFTY EURO off me for a €20 top up for a plan that I have been on since joining so they were well aware of what amount was to be debited.

Well I was lived and rang customer care and had to explain this situation to two different reps untill finally been transfered to the speciality team, explained the situation again to a rep and tried to negotiate a return of the €30 through an E-Mobile Outlet because I was in need of the funds this week. He insisted it would be returned to my visa debit card which will take 3-5 days so leaves me out of pocket this week. Received no apology for there mistaske or perhaps a gesture of goodwill by offering free credit etc. Some cheek so Lets just say my choice of language on the phone wasnt of the civil sort.

Im livid over the abysmal customer care and as soon as my monthly offer is finished ill take my money elsewhere besides E-Mobile/Meteor. Good riddance.

Hi corcaigh1
    I can completely understand your frustration at the response you received and sincerly apologise that it was not resolved in the normal manner. If you could PM me your details I will certainly have this investigated and I should be able to resolve this fully for you. I have also reported this to the relevant section to ensure this type of situation not happen again.
    Regards
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Moojuice

Hi Tony,

I signed up to email via friends and family scheme (friend works for Eircom) and availed of the 50% off my bill offer.That was over a year ago and I would like to upgrade, if I do upgrade will the offer still apply?

Thanks,

Moo

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭corcaigh1

Hi corcaigh1
    I can completely understand your frustration at the response you received and sincerly apologise that it was not resolved in the normal manner. If you could PM me your details I will certainly have this investigated and I should be able to resolve this fully for you. I have also reported this to the relevant section to ensure this type of situation not happen again.
    Regards
    Tony

Appreciate that Tony. PM sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 TamTaRam

Hi TamTaRam,

Providing you have the vouched code and you entered it then it should be alright to finalize the sale. You should receive confirmation at the very end that the order has been submitted for the correct price. If you have any reservations you can place your order over the phone by calling
    1800 69 00 00.

Let me know how you get on.

Tony

Hi Tony,

Thank you for your help. I really appreciate it :)

The second time I tried to avail of the offer everything worked fine, the discount has been applied immediately, so had no problems with that.

I ordered iPhone 4S and received it today so am very pleased with that as well. However I have a problem with my mobile number. When I signed up to emobile bill plan I chose to keep my old number (Vodafone) and today I got a new sim card (eMobile) with totally new number, so for now I've got 2 mobile numbers, but I only want to keep the old one. What should I do to have my old number switched from Vodafone to eMobile?

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭bewhiched

Hi guys when is the 35e month up and how much do I have to put to a galaxy 3s phone please cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

I got my bill this morning and it has €21.95 in "Value Added Services", which seem to be premium numbers that I didn't sign up for - I briefly remember receiving texts but according to the bill the ones from 57767 cost 1.63 each and the ones from 57030 cost 2.03 each.

Is there any way to recoup this seeing as it wasn't exactly a voluntary charge? I didn't download ringtones or sign up for random phonelines so I'm not entirely sure how they got my details.

If not, then is there a way of ensuring that I do not receive any of this next month, because I did not sign up to give away an extra 22 euro a month for services that were unasked for. Perfectly happy with the rest of my service but this has not got my morning off to a good start.

TamTaRam wrote: »
    Hi Tony,

Thank you for your help. I really appreciate it :)

The second time I tried to avail of the offer everything worked fine, the discount has been applied immediately, so had no problems with that.

I ordered iPhone 4S and received it today so am very pleased with that as well. However I have a problem with my mobile number. When I signed up to emobile bill plan I chose to keep my old number (Vodafone) and today I got a new sim card (eMobile) with totally new number, so for now I've got 2 mobile numbers, but I only want to keep the old one. What should I do to have my old number switched from Vodafone to eMobile?

:)

Hi TamTaRam,

Glad to hear that your issue was resolved. If you wish to keep your Vodafone number you will need to call our customer care team who will port your number from Vodafone to eMobile. If you were a bill pay customer with Vodafone you will need to have your Vodafone account number.

Let me know if you have any other queries.

Tony
    bewhiched wrote: »
    Hi guys when is the 35e month up and how much do I have to put to a galaxy 3s phone please cheers

Hi bewhiched,

This offer is due to end at the end of the week.

Tony
    I got my bill this morning and it has €21.95 in "Value Added Services", which seem to be premium numbers that I didn't sign up for - I briefly remember receiving texts but according to the bill the ones from 57767 cost 1.63 each and the ones from 57030 cost 2.03 each.

Is there any way to recoup this seeing as it wasn't exactly a voluntary charge? I didn't download ringtones or sign up for random phonelines so I'm not entirely sure how they got my details.

If not, then is there a way of ensuring that I do not receive any of this next month, because I did not sign up to give away an extra 22 euro a month for services that were unasked for. Perfectly happy with the rest of my service but this has not got my morning off to a good start.

Hi lilmissprincess,

In regard to these charges you will need to text stop to each of the above numbers and then contact Comreg to ensure that this company stops sending you these messages. You can find more details on how to prevent these numbers from contacting you and how they received your details here: http://www.phonesmart.ie/

Let me know if they are able resolve the issue for you.

Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭johnybean

Tony,

Can you confirm when the offer of unlimited calls,texts and data for €34.50 p/m for existing eircom customers is finished.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,513 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Hi there,
    I signed up last October on the friends and family offer (€35 for 18 months) but I vaguely remember being told that I have to contact you at the end of the initial 12 month period to ensure that the discount is applied for the remainder of the contract. Can you confirm this, as I dont want to get landed with a much higher bill!

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 userbrio

antodeco wrote: »
    Hi there,
    I signed up last October on the friends and family offer (€35 for 18 months) but I vaguely remember being told that I have to contact you at the end of the initial 12 month period to ensure that the discount is applied for the remainder of the contract. Can you confirm this, as I dont want to get landed with a much higher bill!

Thanks.

+1.....I am in the same boat ...please reply...:confused:

johnybean wrote: »
    Tony,

Can you confirm when the offer of unlimited calls,texts and data for €34.50 p/m for existing eircom customers is finished.

Hi johnybean,

This offer is due to end on the 7th of October.

Tony
    antodeco wrote: »
    Hi there,

Thanks.

Hi antodeco,

This is definitely not the case. The promotional code remains on your contract provided you remain on the price plan.

If you PM your mobile number and pin I will be able confirm this for you.

Tony
    userbrio wrote: »
    +1.....I am in the same boat ...please reply...:confused:

Hi userbrio,

This offer is due to expire on the 7th October.

Let me know if you have any queries about the offer.

Tony

Any emobile rep who can give reply to the above

Hi Tony I am in same situation as antodeco

Ill PM you my details...

Hi Tony I am in same situation as antodeco

Ill PM you my details...

Hi userbrio,

Yes if you PM your mobile number and pin I will confirm this for you.

Tony

I have sent you PM

I have sent you PM

Thank you userbrio,

I have responded to your PM. Provided you remain on your current plan you will be able avail of this discount.

Tony

Hi Tony,

I have PM'd you requesting for info, please reply.

• Advertisement

Hi Tony,

I have PM'd you requesting for info, please reply.

Thank you userbrio.

I have responded to your PM now.

Tony

Advertisement