Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Welcome to the eMobile thread, on Boards to answer your queries

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Hi Tony,

I want to sign up to the Half Price Unlimited plan on eMobile at €34.50pm, Im currently with another network.

I am a bit annoyed because when i called up Emobile Blackpool in Cork they told me the Galaxy S3 on that plan was €279, Douglas Village quoted me €359 for the exact same phone. Patrick street quoted me €450 :eek:

People in this thread have got the GS3 for €139 in the Blackrock store in Dublin.

I was told in some stores that the iPhone 5 wasnt available on the tarrif and others told me it was but it was sold out.

Can you please confirm if i take this deal online how much it will actually cost me? Can i get the iPhone 5?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Tony,

Are Emobile selling the iphone 5 prepay online or in store??? Also is the iphone 5 part of the half price unlimited plan?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

I got my bill this morning and it has €21.95 in "Value Added Services", which seem to be premium numbers that I didn't sign up for - I briefly remember receiving texts but according to the bill the ones from 57767 cost 1.63 each and the ones from 57030 cost 2.03 each.

Is there any way to recoup this seeing as it wasn't exactly a voluntary charge? I didn't download ringtones or sign up for random phonelines so I'm not entirely sure how they got my details.

If not, then is there a way of ensuring that I do not receive any of this next month, because I did not sign up to give away an extra 22 euro a month for services that were unasked for. Perfectly happy with the rest of my service but this has not got my morning off to a good start.

Was in the same position, find the company on phonesmart, ring them, say you didn't sign up and you want a refund. They'll then send you a cheque.

Just on eMobile, is there a problem with the coverage in the last week? I've been getting no bars every so often and it's also affecting my 3G.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Jpkidd

Hi, I joined eMobile last week from Vodafone, but since I hav joined my Internet nd coverage keeps going! I am using an iPhone that I got while I was with Vodafone, must I change some setting or what's happening! I hav tried everything else! On the site it tell you how to do it but the settings are for another phone not the iPhone, any help would be great as I have just signed up to an 18month contract.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭christ on a bike!

I really want to partake in this offer but when I enter in an account number here > http://offers.emobile.ie/voucher it tells me the voucher is not valid.
    I am using my parents account number.
    Is there any reason why this is? Are no more vouchers to be got?

Appreciate anyones help!

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭userduluth

Hi Tony,

PM sent please respond, thanks

If any one is looking for white 64gb Iphone5 blanchardstown emobile stores have two pieces left

Hogzy wrote: »
    Hi Tony,

I want to sign up to the Half Price Unlimited plan on eMobile at €34.50pm, Im currently with another network.

I am a bit annoyed because when i called up Emobile Blackpool in Cork they told me the Galaxy S3 on that plan was €279, Douglas Village quoted me €359 for the exact same phone. Patrick street quoted me €450 :eek:

People in this thread have got the GS3 for €139 in the Blackrock store in Dublin.

I was told in some stores that the iPhone 5 wasnt available on the tarrif and others told me it was but it was sold out.

Can you please confirm if i take this deal online how much it will actually cost me? Can i get the iPhone 5?

Any chance i could get a reply to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,004 ✭✭✭opus

opus wrote: »
    Sorry to keep going back to this but all I want to know is should Fast Dormancy be enabled or disabled for the eMobile network :confused:

Is there no chance of an answer to this, what I thought was a simple, question :confused: I've been asking for around two months at this stage!

• Advertisement

It seems Emobile Tony is off(not responding to messages)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

If i go for a 2 year deal on the iPhone 5 can i still upgrade next year on the top €70 deal ?

Or am i better off going for a 12 mouth again ?

Will be selling my 4S to get this

If i go for a 2 year deal on the iPhone 5 can i still upgrade next year on the top €70 deal ?

I think you will be stuck to 2 yr contract for the rest of your 24 months:) no inbetweeners allowed.

Best if you can afford go for 12 months....

• Company Representative Posts: 424 Verified rep eMobile: Tony

Hi Tony,

Hi Hogzy,

I have sent you a PM in regard to this. This offer ends on the 7th October this may be the reason why the store advised you could not get this phone on the offer as the phone is not in stock.

Tony
    Tony,

Are Emobile selling the iphone 5 prepay online or in store??? Also is the iphone 5 part of the half price unlimited plan?

Thanks

Hi prettyboy81,

The iPhone 5 will only be available to buy in stores. Depending on what size iPhone 5 you wish to purchase on the ha;f price offer the phone would have to be in stock as the offer ends on the 7th October.

Tony
    Was in the same position, find the company on phonesmart, ring them, say you didn't sign up and you want a refund. They'll then send you a cheque.

Just on eMobile, is there a problem with the coverage in the last week? I've been getting no bars every so often and it's also affecting my 3G.

Hi Gavin "shels",

How long have you had this issue and what is your location? If you PM your mobile number pin and location I can get this looked into.

Tony
    Jpkidd wrote: »
    Hi, I joined eMobile last week from Vodafone, but since I hav joined my Internet nd coverage keeps going! I am using an iPhone that I got while I was with Vodafone, must I change some setting or what's happening! I hav tried everything else! On the site it tell you how to do it but the settings are for another phone not the iPhone, any help would be great as I have just signed up to an 18month contract.
    Thanks

Hi Jpkidd,

I have sent you a PM in regard to this. Could you advise if you have updated the software on your phone recently?

Tony

Hi Captain Morgan,

I am checking if the phone is currently in stock. Could you PM your order number and I will be able check this with the relevant team.

Tony
    I really want to partake in this offer but when I enter in an account number here > http://offers.emobile.ie/voucher it tells me the voucher is not valid.
    I am using my parents account number.
    Is there any reason why this is? Are no more vouchers to be got?

Appreciate anyones help!

Hi christ on a bike!,

If you go to an eMobile store with the eircom account number they will be able process the order for you.

Tony
    Any chance i could get a reply to this.

Hi Hogzy,

I have sent you a PM.

Tony

Hi samapple789,

If you upgrade to the iPhone 5 24 month contract you would have to wait until the 24 months have passed to be eligible for an upgrade.

If you sign a 12 month contract you will be charged for the handset. The price will depend on the plan you sign up for.

Tony
    userduluth wrote: »
    I think you will be stuck to 2 yr contract for the rest of your 24 months:) no inbetweeners allowed.

Best if you can afford go for 12 months....

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

Hi Captain Morgan,

Thanks for the PM. The order is currently being processed. I will monitor the status of the order and will advise once it is dispatched to you.

Tony

Hi Tony, I have not received any PM from you.

Hi Tony,

Hi Hogzy,

Apologies my mistake. The correct price of the Galaxy S 3 phone is €139.00. If you go to a store the phone will cost €149 on this plan.

There is limited stock for the iPhone 5 and as this offer ends on the 7th October the phone may not be in stock.

Tony

Hi Hogzy,

Apologies my mistake. The correct price of the Galaxy S 3 phone is €139.00. If you go to a store the phone will cost €149 on this plan.

There is limited stock for the iPhone 5 and as this offer ends on the 7th October the phone may not be in stock.

Tony

Is there any chance you can tell which stores have the iPhone 5 in stock. Im really tempted to go for it because its a fantastic offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭aodhan2

Hi tony
    I have been told I can get the 34.50 deal on the phone . Can I avail of this offer in a shop as I find talking face to face and handling the phones better for me .

Thanks

A

• Advertisement

Is there any chance you can tell which stores have the iPhone 5 in stock. Im really tempted to go for it because its a fantastic offer.

Hi Hogzy,

Could you advise of the closest eMobile store and I will check if the phone is in stock.

Tony
    aodhan2 wrote: »
    Hi tony
    I have been told I can get the 34.50 deal on the phone . Can I avail of this offer in a shop as I find talking face to face and handling the phones better for me .

Thanks

A

Hi Aodhan,

In order to avail of this offer you will need to have the promotional code. You would need to take this into a store.

Tony

Hi Tony,

I have sent you a PM yesterday, please respond

Hi Hogzy,

Could you advise of the closest eMobile store and I will check if the phone is in stock.

Tony

I am in Cork

Patrick St, Blackpool, Douglas Village, and apparently you have stockists in PC world and Currys. I can travel to any of the above.

userduluth wrote: »
    Hi Tony,

I have sent you a PM yesterday, please respond

Hi userduluth,

I will check out your PM and respond shortly. Apologies.

Tony
    I am in Cork

Patrick St, Blackpool, Douglas Village, and apparently you have stockists in PC world and Currys. I can travel to any of the above.

Hi Hogzy,

I have spoken to the stores in Cork and they have confirmed that the iPhone 5 is not in stock. Also the iPhone 5 is not available to be bought on this offer.

Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭savic04

Hi

Thinking of switching over to eMobile from VF.

The gusy in store said I can keep my iphone for 34.50 pm, or pay 400 for i5, which I wouldnt pay.

Can you tell me what is the contract for the 34.50 and also how much roaming charges are, as I would be away with work. I forgot to ask in shop earlier

Hi userduluth,

I will check out your PM and respond shortly. Apologies.

Tony

Hi Hogzy,

I have spoken to the stores in Cork and they have confirmed that the iPhone 5 is not in stock. Also the iPhone 5 is not available to be bought on this offer.

Tony

Why are people getting it then? In this thread keredern got a 64gb iPhone 5 for €389 on the €34.50 per month plan. From reading through the thread it seems he is not the only one who got the iPhone 5 on the offer. Some even got their iphone online.

I just realised the date, you probably wont reply till Monday, by which the deal will have expired. Its ridiculous how some shops can be totally inconsistent, offering different phone for different prices. As i said above people have paid €89 for a galaxy S3 around the country. I call up a shop in Cork and im quoted prices ranging from 250-450 for the same phone.

With Vodafone and O2 and even 3, all phones are the same prices in ALL stores and online (bar the usual €10/€20 discount you get for buying online). I think its TOTALLY unfair that a customer in Dublin or Limerick or Galway can pay up to 4 times less than a customer in Cork for the same phone on the same plan.

Hi Tony,

sent you PM with updates, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭bewhiched

Hi guys I was asked for a deposit of €300 for Sony Xperia s why so can't seem to give a reason very odd my credit rating is great hope someone can shed some light thanks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Hi Tony,
    Any update on what I asked?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭ResearchWill

bewhiched wrote: »
    Hi guys I was asked for a deposit of €300 for Sony Xperia s why so can't seem to give a reason very odd my credit rating is great hope someone can shed some light thanks

Its standard for e-mobile, I took out an account with them last year €300 deposit, despite flawless record with meteor. Took out a second account with them last week, despite never missing a payment and in fact been in credit, (the refund of my deposit) they required a €130.00 deposit. Seems that it is standard even if you have flawless record.

Advertisement