Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Welcome to the eMobile thread, on Boards to answer your queries

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Its standard for e-mobile, I took out an account with them last year €300 deposit, despite flawless record with meteor. Took out a second account with them last week, despite never missing a payment and in fact been in credit, (the refund of my deposit) they required a €130.00 deposit. Seems that it is standard even if you have flawless record.

I wasnt asked for a deposit on the S3 and my credit rating is a joke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Can't to login to the website today. Anyone else having same issue?

Cheers, BN

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭userduluth

Cheers, BN

Me too....getting error

Service Temporarily Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.
    Apache/2.2.3 (Red Hat) Server at myaccount.emobile.ie Port 80

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

userduluth wrote: »
    Me too....getting error

Service Temporarily Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.
    Apache/2.2.3 (Red Hat) Server at myaccount.emobile.ie Port 80

Me too... it's been down all day as far as I can see.

• Company Representative Posts: 424 Verified rep eMobile: Tony

Cheers, BN

Hi BN
    yes there were some issues with My eMobile this afternoon, we have been advised that this should be resolved today.Apologies for the disruption. If you continue to experience same issue please let me know.
    Tony

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 louglee

Hi
    I've got an E5 eMobile Wifi hub - I can connect as a Wifi user fine using my Mac but it won't allow me to install software on the computer I used to have Meteor broadband internet and there used to be a program that ran when you inserted the broadband stick into the computer, That doesn't happen with the E5, I was just wondaring does anyone know if it is possible to download the Program/App for My Mac. (Its not absolutely necessary I get pretty good connectivity/speed with with as a wireless, but I know that when you come within the signal of a Wifi Hub it allows you to connect directly without having to log into the eircom homepage).
    Also the I've got a Samsung Galaxy Tab (brand new/software uptodate) and it is unable to connect to the Wifi generated by the E5, even though it can connect to other Wifi Networks without Problem - I've connected it to UPC, Dublin City Library, Blanch Library with no problem. If anyone has any suggestions/ideas I'd really appreciate it (I've already tried restarting Wifi, Clearing the known Wifi networks from the Tab but as of yet I'm still unable to connect, its been almost 1 month, its getting really annoying as the I only got the E5 due to the fact that its Wifi and I would be able to connect my Tab, because My college network uses CISCO which doesn't support Android and the Tab doesn't have 3g)

Thx

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Hi BN
    yes there were some issues with MyMeteor this afternoon, we have been advised that this should be resolved today.Apologies for the disruption. If you continue to experience same issue please let me know.
    Tony

Hi Tony, eMobile site appears to be down still, not that you don't know this I'm sure!!. Just want to let u know we're aware out here!.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 TralalaJr

You know this "Top up by €20 a month and get all this fabulous stuff" deal? Well, what happens if I sign up to it and then one month don't topup by the €20? Does it mean I just won't get the free calls and texts until I top up again by €20?

Hi Tony,

PM sent...

louglee wrote: »
    Hi
    I've got an E5 eMobile Wifi hub - I can connect as a Wifi user fine using my Mac but it won't allow me to install software on the computer I used to have Meteor broadband internet and there used to be a program that ran when you inserted the broadband stick into the computer, That doesn't happen with the E5, I was just wondaring does anyone know if it is possible to download the Program/App for My Mac. (Its not absolutely necessary I get pretty good connectivity/speed with with as a wireless, but I know that when you come within the signal of a Wifi Hub it allows you to connect directly without having to log into the eircom homepage).
    Also the I've got a Samsung Galaxy Tab (brand new/software uptodate) and it is unable to connect to the Wifi generated by the E5, even though it can connect to other Wifi Networks without Problem - I've connected it to UPC, Dublin City Library, Blanch Library with no problem. If anyone has any suggestions/ideas I'd really appreciate it (I've already tried restarting Wifi, Clearing the known Wifi networks from the Tab but as of yet I'm still unable to connect, its been almost 1 month, its getting really annoying as the I only got the E5 due to the fact that its Wifi and I would be able to connect my Tab, because My college network uses CISCO which doesn't support Android and the Tab doesn't have 3g)

Thx

Hi louglee,

Firstly thank you for taking the time to post this and sorry to hear you are having issues with your wireless broadband.

Could you PM the mobile broadband number and pin and I will be able assist you.

Tony
    Leslie91 wrote: »
    Hi Tony, eMobile site appears to be down still, not that you don't know this I'm sure!!. Just want to let u know we're aware out here!.

Hi Leslie91,

Are you still having an issue? Have you tried logging into an alternative browser to your current one?

Tony
    TralalaJr wrote: »
    You know this "Top up by €20 a month and get all this fabulous stuff" deal? Well, what happens if I sign up to it and then one month don't topup by the €20? Does it mean I just won't get the free calls and texts until I top up again by €20?

Hi TralalaJr,

Yes this would be correct. If you do not top up your account on the date the promotion is due it will not activate until you top up next. After you top up it can take up to 24 hours for your plan to be activated.

Tony
    Hi Tony,

PM sent...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 louglee

Hi louglee,

Firstly thank you for taking the time to post this and sorry to hear you are having issues with your wireless broadband.

Could you PM the mobile broadband number and pin and I will be able assist you.

Tony

PM sent
    It seem my Wifi has now decided that it would like to work, it reminds me so much of when you've got something thats broken and yet when you bring it to get fixed, it works perfectly

Thanks

PS this is a pretty great service, having customer service people on forums like this, really helps when your working nights, cause most helplines are open when I'm asleep. On a side note its good to see how much this sort of thing has spread, I remember 8/9 years ago when I was helping out my dad at work and introduced him to forums like this, I remember saying to him that it would be a great idea if there was actually someone on there from the company/industry involved you could give the most acurate/helpful information, because at the time there was no-one only people who offered personal opinions (which can also be helpful, but may not be entirely correct or unbiased)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

This post has been deleted.

Hi Captain Morgan,

I have responded to your PM now.

Thanks,

Tony

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭christ on a bike!

Can't weait to get my phone but disappointed with your couriers. Was meant to get the phone yesterday, it was shipped Monday morning.
    Now I am 'told' that I will get it tomorrow - they messed up twice

Can't weait to get my phone but disappointed with your couriers. Was meant to get the phone yesterday, it was shipped Monday morning.
    Now I am 'told' that I will get it tomorrow - they messed up twice

Hi christ on a bike!,

Could you PM your order number and I will get this chased up for you. Apologies you did not receive your phone.

Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 22 polks

Hi,

I'm considering signing up for a bill pay contract and I have a query regarding unlocking the phone. Under help & questions, How do I get an unlocking code?, on your website it states the following:

Bill pay customers

If you are a bill pay customer and you bought your phone from eMobile we can request your unlocking code for you provided you meet the following eligibility rules.

- You must have completed your contract period
    - Your account is not currently in arrears or suspended by credit management
    - If you have completed your contract period and upgraded to a new contract we’ll issue the unlock code, for the original phone free of charge, 14 days from the date of upgrade.

My query relates to the last point in bold. Does that mean if I don't upgrade to a new contract I won't be given the unlock code or I will be charged for it.

In summary, if I complete a 12/18 month contract, cancel at the end of the contract and my account is not in arrears, will I get a free unlcok code for my phone?

Thanks

Hi Tony,

PM sent, please respond.

polks wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm considering signing up for a bill pay contract and I have a query regarding unlocking the phone. Under help & questions, How do I get an unlocking code?, on your website it states the following:

Bill pay customers

If you are a bill pay customer and you bought your phone from eMobile we can request your unlocking code for you provided you meet the following eligibility rules.

- You must have completed your contract period
    - Your account is not currently in arrears or suspended by credit management
    - If you have completed your contract period and upgraded to a new contract we’ll issue the unlock code, for the original phone free of charge, 14 days from the date of upgrade.

My query relates to the last point in bold. Does that mean if I don't upgrade to a new contract I won't be given the unlock code or I will be charged for it.

In summary, if I complete a 12/18 month contract, cancel at the end of the contract and my account is not in arrears, will I get a free unlcok code for my phone?

Thanks

Hi Polks,

Once your contract has expired, if you request your unlocking code we will provide it for you even if you do not wish to upgrade. I hope this answers your query.

Tony

Hi Tony,

PM sent, please respond.

Thanks userduluth,

I will respond to you shortly.

Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Hi Tony,

Any sign of Galaxy Note 2 online orders shipping?

• Advertisement

Hi Tony,

Any sign of Galaxy Note 2 online orders shipping?

Hi Padraig Mor,

If you placed an order could you PM me the reference number and I will check this.

Tony

Hi Tony,
    Thanks for your reply,

Sent you PM, please respond.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

Persuaded the wife to wait at home all day for the Note 2 that I was told would be delivered today. Was told to have drivers licence, code etc ready for courier.
    Of course no nothing, no courier, no contact at all.
    Rang customer care and was told my order is in fulfilment.
    What exactly does this mean ?
    Am I supposed to stay at home Monday, or is one supposed to stay at home until it shows up ?

Persuaded the wife to wait at home all day for the Note 2 that I was told would be delivered today. Was told to have drivers licence, code etc ready for courier.
    Of course no nothing, no courier, no contact at all.
    Rang customer care and was told my order is in fulfilment.
    What exactly does this mean ?
    Am I supposed to stay at home Monday, or is one supposed to stay at home until it shows up ?

Hi Zimmerframe,

Sorry to hear you did not receive your order. Could you Pm your order number and I will look into this for you.

Tony

Hi Zimmerframe,

Sorry to hear you did not receive your order. Could you Pm your order number and I will look into this for you.

Tony

Pm sent. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,004 ✭✭✭opus

opus wrote: »
    Is there no chance of an answer to this, what I thought was a simple, question :confused: I've been asking for around two months at this stage!

Ok I'm about ready to give up on my question on whether on Fast Dormancy should be enabled or disabled for the eMobile network! Is it something like the third secret of fatima that it can't be revealed :rolleyes:

Pm sent. :)

No answer, no phone, no contact and customer care still says "in fulfilment", which means " we have nothing to tell you". :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Hi Tony, still waiting on a reply to pm almost 2 weeks later.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Hi Padraig Mor,

If you placed an order could you PM me the reference number and I will check this.

Tony

PM sent yesterday. I contacted the reps on Twitter who tell me that the Note 2 will not be shipping until November. I hope you can confirm that this is incorrect seeing as eMobile have already taken my money and a phone rep told me yesterday I would have it today.

• Advertisement

No answer, no phone, no contact and customer care still says "in fulfilment", which means " we have nothing to tell you". :mad:

Hi Zimmerframe,

Could you PM your order number and I will look into this for you.

Tony
    Melion wrote: »
    Hi Tony, still waiting on a reply to pm almost 2 weeks later.

Hi Melion,

Apologies for that Melion.

I will get this chased up for you.

Tony
    PM sent yesterday. I contacted the reps on Twitter who tell me that the Note 2 will not be shipping until November. I hope you can confirm that this is incorrect seeing as eMobile have already taken my money and a phone rep told me yesterday I would have it today.

Hi Padraig Mor,

Yes what my colleague has advised is correct. If you wish you can either cancel your order and get a refund within 10 working days or wait until the first week in November when the phone will be in stock again.

Tony

Advertisement