Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Welcome to the eMobile thread, on Boards to answer your queries

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Hi Gavin "shels",

Could you go into the settings on your phone and click on mobile networks then APN and delete the proxy settings from the Data APN.
    Once you have completed this you will need to switch your phone off and back on.
    Let me know if this resolves the issue for you.

Tony

Cheers Tony, there doesn't seem to be an option to delete proxy settings, there's no proxy set on my mobile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Just a heads up that JellyBean was released this morning for the S3.

• Company Representative Posts: 424 Verified rep eMobile: Tony

This post has been deleted.

Hi Captain Morgan,

Glad to hear that this is resolved for you. Let us know if you have any other queries.

Tony
    etloveslsd wrote: »
    Is there a problem with the network today? My phone can't connect.

Hi etloveslsd,

Are you still having an issue? Was it for coverage or for data you were having this issue?

Tony
    wendydoll wrote: »
    This seems to be the normal speed for me at home during the day. It's shocking. I don't even get that on WiMax.

Hi wendydoll,

Are you still experiencing an issue? Could you advise what phone you currently have?

Tony
    Cheers Tony, there doesn't seem to be an option to delete proxy settings, there's no proxy set on my mobile.

Hi Gavin "shels",

Are you still having an issue with your data? IS 3G showing on your handset?

Tony
    Just a heads up that JellyBean was released this morning for the S3.

Hi BearNecessities,

Yes this is correct. The Jellybean update has been released on eMobile. Let me know if you have any queries.

Tony

Hi Gavin "shels",

Are you still having an issue with your data? IS 3G showing on your handset?

Tony

Yup still have the issue, generally it happens first thing in the morning or the odd time in the day. I get 3G, H+ but I also get E which is when my internet doesn't work.

• Company Representative Posts: 690 ✭✭✭eMobile: Grainne

Yup still have the issue, generally it happens first thing in the morning or the odd time in the day. I get 3G, H+ but I also get E which is when my internet doesn't work.

Hi Gavin "shels",

Could you advise what phone you currently have? Also could you advise of the times that your phone drops to edge coverage.

Grainne

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭alexonhisown

Hi. I have a thirty20 pre pay plan with embile. Do I need to send a text each month to opt in when I buy credit

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭wendydoll

Hi Grainne and Tony,

Can one of you let me know whats going on with my account. I have posted a message on the emobile forum also about this issue but I couldn't attach the screen shots.

Its about my data usage. I have used 6.16gb of my monthly 15gb in ten days. I'm a bit shocked and can't see where this 6.16gb usage is coming from, I wouldn't be a massive user of 3g having the access to wifi at home and in work.

I checked my data usage also and its a total over the last ten days of 561271kb which amounts to approx 0.53gb.

It's fairly annoying restricting my 3g usage while I'm out and about in case I eat up the remaining 8gb without realising.

Would be great if you guys can take a look at the screenshots attached and give me an update about whats going on about this account

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

Is there something up with eMobile coverage in Galway?

Both my and other half iPhone 4's are saying 5 bars signal and 3G, but nothing is working. No apps updating, emails etc.

Very frustrating as we effectively can't use our phones.

This has often happened recently in evening/night time.

What's going on??????

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭augusta24

I just purchase that great online offer eMobile have at the moment for the select unlimited for €32 a month.

I foun the information in the site limited and unwashed confused by the terms and conditions,

1. can you clarify for me does this deal include a data allowance? Or will that be charged on top of my monthly bill?

2. Is this an 18 month contract or is it a 30day rolling contract??

Many thanks

• Advertisement

Hi Gavin "shels",

Could you advise what phone you currently have? Also could you advise of the times that your phone drops to edge coverage.

Grainne

The Samsung S2, I've actually just updated the version on my phone, and I've to set up the APN again.

Found this online

Data

1.eMobileAPN - Data.eircom.ie
    2.No user name
    3.No password
    4.Leave all other settings as current defaults on handset

MMS

1.mms.eircom.ie
    2.Username: my
    3.Password: wap
    4.Server: leave blank
    5.Mmsc: http://mms.eircom.ie
    6.Mms proxy: 10.85.85.85
    7.Mms port: 8799
    8.Mms protocol: wap 2.0
    9.Mcn: 03
    10.Authentication type: pap
    11.Apn type: mms

I've sorted all these but not getting any internet?

My internet used to be down generally first thing in the morning and then the odd time during the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭cmbutterfly45

this is happening me too, my internet has been out most of the day today but like Gavin "shels" its gone most mornings and then at other random times during day even though it will show it has 3g service, it works perfect with wifi? tbh its getting pretty annoying paying for a service thats not there to be used.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 d49nbrwuac0is8

this is happening me too, my internet has been out most of the day today but like Gavin "shels" its gone most mornings and then at other random times during day even though it will show it has 3g service, it works perfect with wifi? tbh its getting pretty annoying paying for a service thats not there to be used.

Me too, just got iphone 5 and it wont work on 3g network, im in kildare! :confused:

any comments on this from EMOBILE ????? im in serious **** if i cant access my emails for work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Col200sx wrote: »

Both my and other half iPhone 4's are saying 5 bars signal and 3G, but nothing is working. No apps updating, emails etc.

What's going on??????

Same here - couldn't get any data connection in Galway this evening, from around 6.30pm. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭capefear

The internet gone from 6 in cavan and still not back and it not great in south Dublin either.
    Can make calls and send text but no internet.

Is this a regular occurrence with emobile

J o e wrote: »

Same here - couldn't get any data connection in Galway this evening, from around 6.30pm. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Having problems with internet all weekend. Seems to be working this morning.

More importantly - no roaming currently available in the USA.

Whats going on eMobile?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,417 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

According to Wikipedia, eMobile/Meteor do not have HSPA+, yet Vodafone and Three do. Maybe someone can advise if they do?

No point going for a big unlimited plan if the internet is rubbish.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mobile_network_operators_of_Europe#Ireland

Hi. I have a thirty20 pre pay plan with embile. Do I need to send a text each month to opt in when I buy credit

Hi alexonhisown,

Provided you top up on the day the promotion ends you will not have to opt in for the promotion. If you top up after the promotion ends you will need to opt in again.

Grainne
    wendydoll wrote: »
    Hi Grainne and Tony,

Can one of you let me know whats going on with my account. I have posted a message on the emobile forum also about this issue but I couldn't attach the screen shots.

Its about my data usage. I have used 6.16gb of my monthly 15gb in ten days. I'm a bit shocked and can't see where this 6.16gb usage is coming from, I wouldn't be a massive user of 3g having the access to wifi at home and in work.

I checked my data usage also and its a total over the last ten days of 561271kb which amounts to approx 0.53gb.

It's fairly annoying restricting my 3g usage while I'm out and about in case I eat up the remaining 8gb without realising.

Would be great if you guys can take a look at the screenshots attached and give me an update about whats going on about this account

Hi wendydoll,

I have explained this in detail on the eMobile forum. Can you respond to that post if you have any queries.

Gráinne

What's going on??????

Hi Col200sx,

Was the issue only for data yesterday? eMobile were experiencing issues with data yesterday but I was advised that this is now resolved. Apologies for the inconvenience that this has caused you.

Gráinne
    augusta24 wrote: »
    I just purchase that great online offer eMobile have at the moment for the select unlimited for €32 a month.

I foun the information in the site limited and unwashed confused by the terms and conditions,

1. can you clarify for me does this deal include a data allowance? Or will that be charged on top of my monthly bill?

2. Is this an 18 month contract or is it a 30day rolling contract??

Many thanks

Hi augusta24,

This offer gives you unlimited calls and texts to any network and 15Gb of data at a cost of €32 per month. This is a rolling 30 day contract.

Gráinne
    The Samsung S2, I've actually just updated the version on my phone, and I've to set up the APN again.

Found this online

Data

1.eMobileAPN - Data.eircom.ie
    2.No user name
    3.No password
    4.Leave all other settings as current defaults on handset

MMS

1.mms.eircom.ie
    2.Username: my
    3.Password: wap
    4.Server: leave blank
    5.Mmsc: http://mms.eircom.ie
    6.Mms proxy: 10.85.85.85
    7.Mms port: 8799
    8.Mms protocol: wap 2.0
    9.Mcn: 03
    10.Authentication type: pap
    11.Apn type: mms

I've sorted all these but not getting any internet?

My internet used to be down generally first thing in the morning and then the odd time during the day.

Hi Gavin "shels",

Are you still having this issue today? Could you synch your phone with your iTunes account and let me know if this resolves the issue.

Gráinne
    Me too, just got iphone 5 and it wont work on 3g network, im in kildare! :confused:

any comments on this from EMOBILE ????? im in serious **** if i cant access my emails for work.

Hi Sterling Elegant Microcomputer,

There was an issue with data yesterday but I have been advised that this is now resolved. Let me know if the issue persists for you.

Gráinne
    J o e wrote: »

Hi J o e,

As I have advised above eMobile were experiencing issues with internet yesterday. This issue is now resolved. Apologies for the inconvenience that this has caused you.

Gráinne
    capefear wrote: »
    The internet gone from 6 in cavan and still not back and it not great in south Dublin either.
    Can make calls and send text but no internet.

Is this a regular occurrence with emobile

Hi capefear,

This definitely is not a regular occurence. eMobile were experiencing issues with data yesterday. This has now been resolved. Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Gráinne
    Having problems with internet all weekend. Seems to be working this morning.

More importantly - no roaming currently available in the USA.

Whats going on eMobile?

Hi BearNecessities,

eMobile were experiencing issues with data yesterday and I was advised that this issue is now resolved. In regard to the data issues at the weekend could you advise was this in one location or more than one location.

Gráinne

Hi Gavin "shels",

Are you still having this issue today? Could you synch your phone with your iTunes account and let me know if this resolves the issue.

Gráinne

Yup, it's been on "E" all day, it was working last night. I don't actually have an iTunes account. Could it be something to do with the APN settings?

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭cmbutterfly45

Hi emobile,
    You replied to everyone's questions except mine even though you included my quote?? My Internet goes at regular intervals during the day ?

Hi alexonhisown,

Provided you top up on the day the promotion ends you will not have to opt in for the promotion. If you top up after the promotion ends you will need to opt in again.

Grainne

Hi wendydoll,

I have explained this in detail on the eMobile forum. Can you respond to that post if you have any queries.

Gráinne

Hi Col200sx,

Was the issue only for data yesterday? eMobile were experiencing issues with data yesterday but I was advised that this is now resolved. Apologies for the inconvenience that this has caused you.

Gráinne

Hi augusta24,

This offer gives you unlimited calls and texts to any network and 15Gb of data at a cost of €32 per month. This is a rolling 30 day contract.

Gráinne

Hi Gavin "shels",

Gráinne

Hi thekeythesecret,

There was an issue with data yesterday but I have been advised that this is now resolved. Let me know if the issue persists for you.

Gráinne

Hi J o e,

As I have advised above eMobile were experiencing issues with internet yesterday. This issue is now resolved. Apologies for the inconvenience that this has caused you.

Gráinne

Hi capefear,

This definitely is not a regular occurence. eMobile were experiencing issues with data yesterday. This has now been resolved. Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Gráinne

Hi BearNecessities,

eMobile were experiencing issues with data yesterday and I was advised that this issue is now resolved. In regard to the data issues at the weekend could you advise was this in one location or more than one location.

Gráinne

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

Hi Col200sx,

Gráinne

It was the issue with data yesterday. The phone rang and sent texts, but no internet, apps working.

It's very frustrating. If you read back through my posts in this thread, most of them are about outages and no reception.

It's very often the case in Galway, during the day, evening and night time with no internet working.

Are eMobile going to do anything to rectify this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

When are eMobile getting in stock of iphone5? I ordered it 3weeks ago online which said it was in stock yet have still not recieved it!

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭aodhan2

Is the network down ? I can't get or make calls since today and I can't even select any networks

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

aodhan2 wrote: »
    Is the network down ? I can't get or make calls since today and I can't even select any networks

Happened to me the other day. Switch the phone off for a couple of minutes, did the trick for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Saadyst

Having the same problem for most of the day

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭aodhan2

Saadyst wrote: »

I switched off the phone for a few mins and seems to be working again. Missed 9 calls !

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭userduluth

When are eMobile getting in stock of iphone5? I ordered it 3weeks ago online which said it was in stock yet have still not recieved it!

My suggestion is to goto nearest eMobile stores and enquire if they have Iphone5 in stock(some of the eMobile stores have Iphone5 in stock)

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Saadyst

I switched off the phone for a few mins and seems to be working again. Missed 9 calls !

Still nothing, tried to switch it off for an hour and restart after :confused:

Yup, it's been on "E" all day, it was working last night. I don't actually have an iTunes account. Could it be something to do with the APN settings?

Hi Gavin "shels",

Yes it may be your settings. could you click into the APN and delete the proxy settings on there.

Let me know if this resolves the issue for you.

Gráinne
    Hi emobile,
    You replied to everyone's questions except mine even though you included my quote?? My Internet goes at regular intervals during the day ?
    Originally Posted by cmbutterfly45 viewpost.gif

Hi cmbutterfly45,

My mistake. I thought I had responded to all the posts. Could you advise what handset you are currently using? Also could you advise does this happen in more than one location?

Gráinne

It was the issue with data yesterday. The phone rang and sent texts, but no internet, apps working.

It's very frustrating. If you read back through my posts in this thread, most of them are about outages and no reception.

It's very often the case in Galway, during the day, evening and night time with no internet working.

Are eMobile going to do anything to rectify this?

Hi Col200sx,

I understand your frustration in regard to the issues and my apologies that this happened. This issue is under investigation with our technical team and we are looking to ensure that this does not happen again.

Gráinne

Hi wolfyboy555,

Could you advise what size iPhone you have ordered. Also could you PM your order number and name and address with the order and I will look into this for you.

Gráinne

Hi aodhan2,

Could you remove the battery from your phone while switched on and then switch phone back on. Does this resolve the issue for you. If not could you PM your mobile number and pin and I will investigate for you.

Gráinne
    Saadyst wrote: »
    Saadyst;81509316]Still nothing, tried to switch it off for an hour and restart after :confused:[/QUOTE]

Hi Saadyst,

Could you PM your mobile number pin and location I can look into this for you.

Gráinne

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

Advertisement