Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Welcome to the eMobile thread, on Boards to answer your queries

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Helpneeded86

I bought a Huawei Ascend G330 from eMobile a little while ago. It offers corrections for my spelling but every single word, correct and incorrect are underlined red as if they're not in the dictionary. I can disable the red lines by turning off spell checking, but spell checking is important to me.

I have spell checking enabled and set to English.
    Hi EarthlyPangea,

To be honest I am not sure if this is a feature of the handset or there is a specific issue with it. I will check this out for you to see if I can get any further information on it and get back to you shortly.

Tony

Seriously.....

It's people like this that make people who work in phone shops live torture. I mean if someone can manage 1k posts on a forum surely the answer to a phone issue is oout there somewhere. Id personally be embarrassed to ask a question like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

Hi etloveslsd,

If you PM your mobile and PIN number I will de-itemise your bill and you will only receive a paper bill containing your monthly charge in future.

Tony

Thanks for sorting that Tony

• Company Representative Posts: 424 Verified rep eMobile: Tony

etloveslsd wrote: »
    Thanks for sorting that Tony

Hi etloveslsd,

No problem at all :)

Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

Seriously.....

It's people like this that make people who work in phone shops live torture. I mean if someone can manage 1k posts on a forum surely the answer to a phone issue is oout there somewhere. Id personally be embarrassed to ask a question like that.

I've used all of my Google-fu on this, but I can't find any answer. I posted on the other Ascend G330 thread and I'm not the only one experiencing this problem. I'd like to be able to use the built in spell check on my phone properly without making it almost impossible to text people.

I only came across posts that refer to the dictionary problem in the official Vodafone ICS ROM in its predecessor, the G300. For example: http://www.modaco.com/topic/357506-oficial-ics-voda-broken-dictionary-can-i-fix-it/

Which would suggest that it's a software problem on Huawei's end.

The only reason why I posted here was because I couldn't find an answer anywhere else. If you can help, great. Otherwise, take your sense of embarrassment somewhere else.

Maybe my attack stems from been stuck in a phone shop behind a family who insisted on asking every stupid question that could be asked. Fair enough if youve exhausted other avenues but lets be honest it is not beyond belief that someone would not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Hi EarthlyPangea,

To be honest I am not sure if this is a feature of the handset or there is a specific issue with it. I will check this out for you to see if I can get any further information on it and get back to you shortly.

Tony

Thanks, i too am having this issue

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭Sikpupi

Tony... can you help.

Am ordering a SIM ONLY through the emobile.ie but notice in Step 4 that when I put mu eircom number ... my address details automatically appear BUT the address is wrong!!!

The address is not accessable to me to change - so how do I change it.

The address is not good enough for a Delivery Address and caused me a lot of trouble last year when I ordered off the site and the DHL people failed to deliver the phone and it ended up back at base.

Can you advise how to change it.

(PS... just checked my eircom bill and that has my correct address...so not being imported from eircom then)

Thanks

• Company Representative Posts: 690 ✭✭✭eMobile: Grainne

Sikpupi wrote: »
    Tony... can you help.

Am ordering a SIM ONLY through the emobile.ie but notice in Step 4 that when I put mu eircom number ... my address details automatically appear BUT the address is wrong!!!

The address is not accessable to me to change - so how do I change it.

The address is not good enough for a Delivery Address and caused me a lot of trouble last year when I ordered off the site and the DHL people failed to deliver the phone and it ended up back at base.

Can you advise how to change it.

(PS... just checked my eircom bill and that has my correct address...so not being imported from eircom then)

Thanks

Hi Sikpupi,

Could you PM your eircom account number and the correct address I will be able get this investigated for you.

Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭Sikpupi

Hi Sikpupi,

Could you PM your eircom account number and the correct address I will be able get this investigated for you.

Grainne

Grainne

PM sent as requested above

Regards

Sikpupi wrote: »
    Grainne

PM sent as requested above

Regards

Thanks Sikpupi,

I will get this checked out for you now.

Grainne

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,417 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Question guys (and maybe for reps, if they are allowed ;) )...

I am not an Eircom customer. I want to a buy a certain phone, which is cheaper subsidised. I am a heavy text user (1200+ p/m). Bill pay on networks don't cater for SMS much. eMobile offer is €39 for unlimited and subsidised phone. But, I must be with Eircom.

Now, a relative is on Eircom. If I use their account number, with their permission, I know their contract is renewed for 12 months, which is fine with them. However, I was to pay for the mobile separately. Can I just their account details to get a better offer, keeping it separate from their home bill?

Update: I've seen this - "4. Eligible Customers who are not eircom fixed line account holders and who seek to avail of the Promotion
    using an eircom fixed line account holder's account information, must have received the eircom fixed line
    account holder's permission to do so and they must provide a billing address which is the same address as
    the eircom fixed line account holder."
    Still, it seems that I cannot have the bill different and separate.

TL;DR: Non-Eircom customer wants to get special Eircom offer for a phone. Can he use relative's account number and keep things separate?

Question guys (and maybe for reps, if they are allowed ;) )...

I am not an Eircom customer. I want to a buy a certain phone, which is cheaper subsidised. I am a heavy text user (1200+ p/m). Bill pay on networks don't cater for SMS much. eMobile offer is €39 for unlimited and subsidised phone. But, I must be with Eircom.

Now, a relative is on Eircom. If I use their account number, with their permission, I know their contract is renewed for 12 months, which is fine with them. However, I was to pay for the mobile separately. Can I just their account details to get a better offer, keeping it separate from their home bill?

Update: I've seen this - "4. Eligible Customers who are not eircom fixed line account holders and who seek to avail of the Promotion
    using an eircom fixed line account holder's account information, must have received the eircom fixed line
    account holder's permission to do so and they must provide a billing address which is the same address as
    the eircom fixed line account holder."
    Still, it seems that I cannot have the bill different and separate.

TL;DR: Non-Eircom customer wants to get special Eircom offer for a phone. Can he use relative's account number and keep things separate?

Hi StaticNoise,

Unfortunately it will not be possible for you to avail of the offer in this way. eMobile have a lot of very competitive plans. You can find details of this here: http://www.emobile.ie/phonesplansmore/plans/postpay/

Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 2,417 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

But the T&Cs say that I can use their account number if permitted. So, I can do this once the bill goes to their house.

But the T&Cs say that I can use their account number if permitted. So, I can do this once the bill goes to their house.

Hi StaticNoise,

For data protection reasons it would not be possible as all the details on the eMobile account would be the name address and bank details registered on the eircom account.

Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭savic04

Hi

I have a 2 month old Iphone5 32gb, I was having problems with hearing people on the phone, it only works if i press on speaker.

Same for music, but from this evening its not working at all.. They can hear me but I cant hear them at all or my music...
    I also noticed a small green circle showing on the screen, altho I dont think they are related and it doesnt effect me as much..

Will I call Apple direct or call to your local store?

savic04 wrote: »
    Hi

I have a 2 month old Iphone5 32gb, I was having problems with hearing people on the phone, it only works if i press on speaker.

Same for music, but from this evening its not working at all.. They can hear me but I cant hear them at all or my music...
    I also noticed a small green circle showing on the screen, altho I dont think they are related and it doesnt effect me as much..

Will I call Apple direct or call to your local store?
    Hi savic04,

I would advise to take the phone to an eMobile store who will be able send the phone directly to Apple for you. The store will be able provide you with a replacement handset while your phone is sent away for repair. I would advise to back up everything on your phone as you may lose the information on it.

Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭nellocono

Hi eMobile team,

My mother recently joined eMobile (few months ago now) on a new contract and also got a Lumia 800. She is now fed up with using the phone as she could never get the hang of it so has gone back to using here old nokia phone.

Now I want to use her Lumia but eMobile will not give me the unlock code for this. Yes my mother is still under contract so why would you not give the code?

Would appreciate if you could show some kind of customer service and give us the code please, we are paying for the damn thing

nellocono wrote: »
    Hi eMobile team,

My mother recently joined eMobile (few months ago now) on a new contract and also got a Lumia 800. She is now fed up with using the phone as she could never get the hang of it so has gone back to using here old nokia phone.

Now I want to use her Lumia but eMobile will not give me the unlock code for this. Yes my mother is still under contract so why would you not give the code?

Would appreciate if you could show some kind of customer service and give us the code please, we are paying for the damn thing
    Hi nellocono,

In order to be eligible to request the unlocking code for a phone there is rules that need to be adhered to. In order to request the unlocking code a Billpay customer will have to wait until they are out of contract before the unlocking code can be requested.

Gráinne

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

What do i have to do to lift the restrictions on being able to call Australia? I can text no problem but when i try to ring an Aussie mobile it says i am restricted from calling.

Melion wrote: »
    What do i have to do to lift the restrictions on being able to call Australia? I can text no problem but when i try to ring an Aussie mobile it says i am restricted from calling.
    Hi Melion,

If you PM your mobile number and pin I can resolve this for you.

Any international calls you make will not be included in your monthly allocation and will be charged separately.

Grainne

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Sesame

Hi,
    Might be a long shot but I'm looking for a copy of my old eMobile bill from last July, specially calls made on July 3rd.
    I went online but it only goes back as far as late August for call details and for the View Bill option.
    Is this something you can help me with?
    Thanks

Sesame wrote: »
    Hi,
    Might be a long shot but I'm looking for a copy of my old eMobile bill from last July, specially calls made on July 3rd.
    I went online but it only goes back as far as late August for call details and for the View Bill option.
    Is this something you can help me with?
    Thanks
    Hi Sesame,

You will need to send a written request for this information Sesame. You can either post the request or scan and attach it to an email.

Once the letter is received your request will be processed. You can post it to eMobile, 1 Heuston South Quarter, St Johns Road, Dublin 8 or email it to customercare@emobile.ie

Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

Where can I find out what/if I'm eligible for upgrades when my contract finishes in March?

I can pm my details if needed.

Thanks.

Col200sx wrote: »
    Where can I find out what/if I'm eligible for upgrades when my contract finishes in March?

I can pm my details if needed.

Thanks.
    Hi Col200sx,

If you PM your mobile number and pin I will be able advise you when your eligible.

Grainne

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭mikehammer67

i'm going to add emobile as a bundle to my eircom broadband

im getting 150 mobile minutes and free landline calls

can i ask emobile to block data and calls to other numbers?

thanks?

i'm going to add emobile as a bundle to my eircom broadband

im getting 150 mobile minutes and free landline calls

can i ask emobile to block data and calls to other numbers?

thanks?
    Hi mikehammer67,

It will be possible for eMobile to block the data on your account. Could you clarify what numbers you are looking to block do you mean International calls?

Grainne

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭mikehammer67

Hi mikehammer67,

It will be possible for eMobile to block the data on your account. Could you clarify what numbers you are looking to block do you mean International calls?

Grainne
    hi thanks
    any numbers except regular landlines and mobiles which are in package

what can be blocked?

hi thanks
    any numbers except regular landlines and mobiles which are in package

what can be blocked?
    Hi mikehammer67,

At the beginning of your contract a bar is placed on your account to block you from contacting International numbers. You can monitor your usage by texting balance to 50104 to ensure that you stay within your allowance.

Grainne

If I signed up to the €32 sim only plan can I tether to the laptop?

Also if I make class in the UK what is the cost?

• Advertisement

If I signed up to the €32 sim only plan can I tether to the laptop?

Also if I make class in the UK what is the cost?
    Hi Helpneeded86,

Tethering is allowed on eMobile but is not recommended as you can use a lot of data when using this method.

If you use tethering it is recommended to closely monitor your usage.

Could you clarify your second query? Do you mean what cost you will incur in calling a UK number or making calls when roaming in the UK?

Grainne

Advertisement