Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Welcome to the eMobile thread, on Boards to answer your queries

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Helpneeded86

Hi Helpneeded86,

Tethering is allowed on eMobile but is not recommended as you can use a lot of data when using this method.

If you use tethering it is recommended to closely monitor your usage.

Could you clarify your second query? Do you mean what cost you will incur in calling a UK number or making calls when roaming in the UK?

Grainne
    When in the UK what would the cost be roughly.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭alibab

Hi 2 days ago I decided to order the sim only contract offer you have on for 32euro a month , all went well till today I received a email to say my order was cancelled no explanation and just a number to write to . As the offer finishes soon this does not give me time to write and get the reason why  . Can you please explain thanks

• Company Representative Posts: 690 ✭✭✭eMobile: Grainne

When in the UK what would the cost be roughly.

Thanks.
    Hi Helpneeded86,

If you click on this link you can find details of the roaming costs: http://roaming.emobile.ie/billpay/ukni.html

Grainne

alibab wrote: »
    Hi 2 days ago I decided to order the sim only contract offer you have on for 32euro a month , all went well till today I received a email to say my order was cancelled no explanation and just a number to write to . As the offer finishes soon this does not give me time to write and get the reason why  . Can you please explain thanks
    Hi alibab,

Could you PM your order number and the name and address you placed with the order I will be able look into this for you. Could you also advise if you sent this letter?

Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭alibab

pm sent thanks

• Advertisement

alibab wrote: »
    pm sent thanks
    Thanks alibab,

Always happy to help.

Grainne

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Use T-Mobile/Orange for best rates. STD calls 35c to EU, 9c to receive per min. SMS 11c,MMS 30c. Data 86c/MB. Freecall +35314307312 for info. Emergency 112
    Hi Helpneeded86,

If you click on this link you can find details of the roaming costs: http://roaming.emobile.ie/billpay/ukni.html

Grainne

Hi grainne.

In uk at moment and selected orange.  I got a text back with HIGHER rates than that.
    Sorry but phone pasting at start of post :(

Use T-Mobile/Orange for best rates. STD calls 35c to EU, 9c to receive per min. SMS 11c,MMS 30c. Data 86c/MB. Freecall +35314307312 for info. Emergency 112

Hi grainne.

In uk at moment and selected orange.  I got a text back with HIGHER rates than that.
    Sorry but phone pasting at start of post
    Hi superscouse,

You can ignore the prices that you received in the text message. The correct roaming charges are in the link I provided above.

Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭charlie_says

Hi guys, would an 1850 or 1880 number not be included in landline allowance minutes for bill pay customers?

Thanks

Hi guys, would an 1850 or 1880 number not be included in landline allowance minutes for bill pay customers?

Thanks
    Hi charlie_says,

Calls made to 1850 and 1880 are not included in landline allowance. You can view charges for these calls here: http://www.emobile.ie/phonesplansmore/othercharges/billpay/

Gráinne

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Howya Grainne.

Just after "chatting" to live help and they told me its automatic.  I want to mention it to you here.

I have got 3 messages today asking me to pay my bill but the message also says its not due till 11th February ! .  Its not due yet AND I am Direct Debit.  Sending you a pm with my details.  Can you get them stopped please, its a pain in the rear.

Thanks

Superscouse

Howya Grainne.

Just after "chatting" to live help and they told me its automatic.  I want to mention it to you here.

I have got 3 messages today asking me to pay my bill but the message also says its not due till 11th February ! .  Its not due yet AND I am Direct Debit.  Sending you a pm with my details.  Can you get them stopped please, its a pain in the rear.

Thanks

Superscouse
    Hi Superscouse,

I have responded to your PM. As soon as I receive the requested information I will look into this for you.

Grainne

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭mikehammer67

Hi mikehammer67,

At the beginning of your contract a bar is placed on your account to block you from contacting International numbers. You can monitor your usage by texting balance to 50104 to ensure that you stay within your allowance.

Grainne
    thanks

what about premium numbers??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Cannot log in to emobile.ie - error "Service Temporarily Unavailable"

Any ETA when it'll be fixed?

Edit: I should mention it's going up and down but is basically unusable.

thanks

what about premium numbers??
    Hi mikehammer67,

Unfortunately it is not possible to block premium numbers on your account.

Grainne

Cannot log in to emobile.ie - error "Service Temporarily Unavailable"

Any ETA when it'll be fixed?

Edit: I should mention it's going up and down but is basically unusable.

Hi BearNecessities,

Could you advise if you are having this issue with one specific browser? Could you delete your browser history and log back in again.

Do you still have the same issue?

Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭BArra

Hi,

I am on an 18 month select unlimited contract - what i would like to know is when can i get a discounted phone upgrade, is it 16months in or 18months?

thanks

BArra wrote: »
    Hi,

I am on an 18 month select unlimited contract - what i would like to know is when can i get a discounted phone upgrade, is it 16months in or 18months?

thanks
    Hi BArra,

Generally you will have to wait until your contract has ended before you can avail of an upgrade.

If you PM your mobile number and pin I will be able confirm when you can avail of an upgrade.

Grainne

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭LINKY.V.18

hi,
    Can i put an existing sim card (emobile) into a new s3 that i might buy from emobile online ( 15gb 3? a month plan) in order to fully test out coverage and speeds using full capabilities of the s3. If unsatisfied i could then return the handset for full moneyback within the seven day period. I would be getting new number/sim card when buying new phone online and therefore would not have accessed any network or data services, thus not disqualifying me for a full return.  is this right?

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Hi BearNecessities,

Could you advise if you are having this issue with one specific browser? Could you delete your browser history and log back in again.

Do you still have the same issue?

Grainne

Grainne,

It was the same from IE, Chrome and Android.

The website is very flakey around the start of each month.

Seems to be working fine now.

• Advertisement

LINKY.V.18 wrote: »
    hi,
    Can i put an existing sim card (emobile) into a new s3 that i might buy from emobile online ( 15gb 3? a month plan) in order to fully test out coverage and speeds using full capabilities of the s3. If unsatisfied i could then return the handset for full moneyback within the seven day period. I would be getting new number/sim card when buying new phone online and therefore would not have accessed any network or data services, thus not disqualifying me for a full return.  is this right?

Thanks.
    Hi LINKY.V.18,

You can find details of our returns policy on this link here: https://secure.emobile.ie/app/onlineReturns

Are you looking to get the phone on Prepaid or Billpay?

Grainne

Hi LINKY.V.18,

You can find details of our returns policy on this link here: https://secure.emobile.ie/app/onlineReturns

Are you looking to get the phone on Prepaid or Billpay?

Grainne
    Hi Grainne,
    It would be the online bill pay offer.

hi Grainne,
    Just looked on emobile website and dont see the 50% offer for S3 bill pay contract. Was sure i saw it available only last week. Or am i completely wrong. Was looking forward to going ahead withi it today given the 34.50 a month. Certainly cant afford the 79 a month. Whats going on here. 

Please any help you can give me quickly would be v appreciated.

hi Grainne,
    Just looked on emobile website and dont see the 50% offer for S3 bill pay contract. Was sure i saw it available only last week. Or am i completely wrong. Was looking forward to going ahead withi it today given the 34.50 a month. Certainly cant afford the 79 a month. Whats going on here. 

Hi LINKY.V.18,

The only offer available to buy online is the half price discount on our SIM only plan. With this plan you do not get a phone at a reduced price.

Grainne

is there any way i can get a reduced price on the bill pay contract with s3, voucher codes, etc. Is there any near future plan to offer 50% off monthly price again.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭irishlady29

Hi, the other day my all my contacts on my iPhone just disappeared.

I wasn't doing any app or operating system update at the time.

I haven't synced to iTunes in a good while.

How can I get them back again?

(can pm my details if need be)

• Company Representative Posts: 424 Verified rep eMobile: Tony

Hi, the other day my all my contacts on my iPhone just disappeared.

I wasn't doing any app or operating system update at the time.

I haven't synced to iTunes in a good while.

How can I get them back again?

(can pm my details if need be)
    Hi irishlady29.

As long as you have these backed up on iTunes, you can sync your phone and they should be restored.

Tony

is there any way i can get a reduced price on the bill pay contract with s3, voucher codes, etc. Is there any near future plan to offer 50% off monthly price again.
    Hi LINKY.V.18,

Currently we do not have any 50% offers running that would offer a handset with the plan. We will keep you up to date if we introduce this offer again in the future.

Tony

hi Grainne,

Hi LINKY.V.18,

This plan has not been available now for quite some time. We have a very similar plan for €32 a month on the website but this is a SIM only plan and would not include a handset.

Tony

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Moojuice

I was informed by emobile that I am entitled to an upgrade but when I try to do it through carphone warehouse I get no money off a phone or plan? What exactly does the upgrade entitle me to? According to carphone warehouse, nothing.

Advertisement