Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Welcome to the eMobile thread, on Boards to answer your queries

Options

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 424 Verified rep eMobile: Tony

Moojuice wrote: »
    I was informed by emobile that I am entitled to an upgrade but when I try to do it through carphone warehouse I get no money off a phone or plan? What exactly does the upgrade entitle me to? According to carphone warehouse, nothing.
    Hi Moojuice,

An upgrade on a bill pay account would entitle you to renew your contract and purchase a handset at a discount rate and continue on with your existing plan or change it to another one. The price of the handset would be based on your choice of plan and your choice of handset.

Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Moojuice

Hi Moojuice,

An upgrade on a bill pay account would entitle you to renew your contract and purchase a handset at a discount rate and continue on with your existing plan or change it to another one. The price of the handset would be based on your choice of plan and your choice of handset.

Tony
    Thanks Tony, I originally signed up with a friends and family discount. Would that discount still apply?

Edit: just found out I can still keep the discount. Do emobile stores do trade ins? I have an iPhone 4 I would like to trade in against the upgraded phone.
    Edit2: Just found out the stores do take a trade-in.

• Company Representative Posts: 424 Verified rep eMobile: Tony

Moojuice wrote: »
    Thanks Tony, I originally signed up with a friends and family discount. Would that discount still apply?

Edit: just found out I can still keep the discount. Do emobile stores do trade ins? I have an iPhone 4 I would like to trade in against the upgraded phone.
    Edit2: Just found out the stores do take a trade-in.
    Hi Moojuice,

Yes the stores do accept trade in handsets and it is correct that you can continue on with your current plan. If you go in store they will be able to advise you how much you can get off the handset based on the phone you are trading in.

Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭theavenger

BArra wrote: »
    Hi,

I am on an 18 month select unlimited contract - what i would like to know is when can i get a discounted phone upgrade, is it 16months in or 18months?

thanks

I am also in the same boat. Could that be looked into for me also?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭wilser

Hi
    The nokia 820 has been out of stock on the website for the past week or two.
    Any idea when these are due back in stock?
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 CornBlitz

I am not too sure where I am supposed to post this. I'll outline my situation at present. 

Myself and my girlfriend are Emobile customers and have been since Oct 2012.  Both of us purchased a Samsung Galaxy S3 on billpay for euro 150 and paid a deposit of 250 upfront at the Henry Street Emobile store. The contract was for 18 months. We got insurance (advertised by Emobile) from a third party seller called CPP sometime in November of the same year. Everything was quite smooth until the 13th of February. My girlfriend's phone was stolen on the bus while she was getting off. I know this for a fact since I was on the phone talking to my girlfriend two mins prior to her getting off the bus. She got off, met up with me who was waiting at the bus stop for her and we headed straight to a store across the street (Yellow Brick Road as she was planning on buying stock for designing her own jewellery). We spent around 30mins or so in the store and then headed out. A few mins after, my girlfriend noticed her phone was missing. I dialled her number many times and each and every time the call went directly to voicemail (This is where I presumed it was taken and switched off straight away). Even then we went back to the store and doubled checked just to make sure. But they didn't find any phones left behind by customers. Emobile store closed by the time all of this went down. It was 10mins past 7pm by now. So we headed down to the local Garda station and placed a complaint on theft and the following day contacted Emobile so we could have the phone and the sim blocked. Our next step was to contact the insurance company and make a report so we could file a claim.

Now here's the shocker! The insurance company took her details and then told my girlfriend that she had no insurance with the company anymore!. We were more than just surprised and asked why so. The person on the phone told her that a payment in November (the same time as when we got insurance) hadn't gone through from her bank. And the person on the phone also told her that they sent out a letter letting my girlfriend know of the situation. The person also mentioned that the bank would have sent out a letter about the payment not going through. Now my girlfriend didn't get any letters whatsoever from the insurance company or the bank. She told the person and he said there's nothing he can do about it. We were dumbfounded. The loss of phone and personal details is one thing but the insurance company cancelling the contract without proper prior notice is another. Monthly Emobile bills are being deducted through direct debit without any problems which make me really surprised as to how the insurance (which should be around euro 10 monthly) direct debit didn't go through!

I have asked the insurance company to send out a copy of that letter again for my records. I went back to Emobile and asked them what I could do. Emobile said it's out of their hands. I wanted to know if I purchased another Galaxy S3 would Emobile transfer the number and the billpay to the new phone. But the lady at the counter plainly said she can't do that and suggested we buy a cheap phone to keep the billpay going. Now the billpay we got is the unlimited one where one pays 34.50 a month. We've put in money which is now going to waste literally. I will be going to the bank and doing a double check to see if they did send my girlfriend a letter regarding the payment for the insurance not going through. She has also requested for her statement so she can triple check. 

I've heard really bad reviews regarding CPP and how they treat their customers. I want to know if there is any way I can make a claim or put in a formal complaint. 

Regards
    Ashton

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

I had an issue before Christmas and was talking to Sarah on Twitter about it, she couldnt resolve it and it still hasnt fixed itself and its getting very very annoying now.

Basically my phone(Galaxy s3) will not receive texts from certain people no matter how many they send. This can go on for 2-3 weeks then i will receive all of them in one go, it then works fine for 3-4 days before starting over again. It makes no sense because it is not network specific(It has happened with people on all networks). I have tried my sim in another phone which didnt help, luckily enough i can use whatsapp for messaging but it is still a very annoying issue and i would really like it resolved now.

• Company Representative Posts: 690 ✭✭✭eMobile: Grainne

theavenger wrote: »
    I am also in the same boat. Could that be looked into for me also?

Thanks
    Hi theavenger,

If you PM your mobile number and pin I will be able advise when you are eligible to avail of an upgrade.

Grainne

wilser wrote: »
    Hi
    The nokia 820 has been out of stock on the website for the past week or two.
    Any idea when these are due back in stock?
    Thanks
    Hi wilser,

Could you advise if you are interested in buying the phone on Prepaid or on Billpay? The phone is only available to buy on Billpay through our online store.

Grainne

CornBlitz wrote: »
    I am not too sure where I am supposed to post this. I'll outline my situation at present. 

Myself and my girlfriend are Emobile customers and have been since Oct 2012.  Both of us purchased a Samsung Galaxy S3 on billpay for euro 150 and paid a deposit of 250 upfront at the Henry Street Emobile store. The contract was for 18 months. We got insurance (advertised by Emobile) from a third party seller called CPP sometime in November of the same year. Everything was quite smooth until the 13th of February. My girlfriend's phone was stolen on the bus while she was getting off. I know this for a fact since I was on the phone talking to my girlfriend two mins prior to her getting off the bus. She got off, met up with me who was waiting at the bus stop for her and we headed straight to a store across the street (Yellow Brick Road as she was planning on buying stock for designing her own jewellery). We spent around 30mins or so in the store and then headed out. A few mins after, my girlfriend noticed her phone was missing. I dialled her number many times and each and every time the call went directly to voicemail (This is where I presumed it was taken and switched off straight away). Even then we went back to the store and doubled checked just to make sure. But they didn't find any phones left behind by customers. Emobile store closed by the time all of this went down. It was 10mins past 7pm by now. So we headed down to the local Garda station and placed a complaint on theft and the following day contacted Emobile so we could have the phone and the sim blocked. Our next step was to contact the insurance company and make a report so we could file a claim.

Now here's the shocker! The insurance company took her details and then told my girlfriend that she had no insurance with the company anymore!. We were more than just surprised and asked why so. The person on the phone told her that a payment in November (the same time as when we got insurance) hadn't gone through from her bank. And the person on the phone also told her that they sent out a letter letting my girlfriend know of the situation. The person also mentioned that the bank would have sent out a letter about the payment not going through. Now my girlfriend didn't get any letters whatsoever from the insurance company or the bank. She told the person and he said there's nothing he can do about it. We were dumbfounded. The loss of phone and personal details is one thing but the insurance company cancelling the contract without proper prior notice is another. Monthly Emobile bills are being deducted through direct debit without any problems which make me really surprised as to how the insurance (which should be around euro 10 monthly) direct debit didn't go through!

I have asked the insurance company to send out a copy of that letter again for my records. I went back to Emobile and asked them what I could do. Emobile said it's out of their hands. I wanted to know if I purchased another Galaxy S3 would Emobile transfer the number and the billpay to the new phone. But the lady at the counter plainly said she can't do that and suggested we buy a cheap phone to keep the billpay going. Now the billpay we got is the unlimited one where one pays 34.50 a month. We've put in money which is now going to waste literally. I will be going to the bank and doing a double check to see if they did send my girlfriend a letter regarding the payment for the insurance not going through. She has also requested for her statement so she can triple check. 

I've heard really bad reviews regarding CPP and how they treat their customers. I want to know if there is any way I can make a claim or put in a formal complaint. 

Regards
    Ashton
    Hi Ashton,

In regard to the insurance unfortunately you will have to take this up with CPP insurance directly. eMobile would not be able pursue this on your behalf for data protection reasons.

As you advised you both signed up in October she would not be eligible for an upgrade at the moment. The only option available would be to buy the phone at full price.

If there is anything else I can assist you with don't hesitate to contact me here.

Grainne

• Advertisement

Melion wrote: »
    I had an issue before Christmas and was talking to Sarah on Twitter about it, she couldnt resolve it and it still hasnt fixed itself and its getting very very annoying now.

Basically my phone(Galaxy s3) will not receive texts from certain people no matter how many they send. This can go on for 2-3 weeks then i will receive all of them in one go, it then works fine for 3-4 days before starting over again. It makes no sense because it is not network specific(It has happened with people on all networks). I have tried my sim in another phone which didnt help, luckily enough i can use whatsapp for messaging but it is still a very annoying issue and i would really like it resolved now.
    Hi Melion,

Have you checked if the numbers in question have been added to your blocked list on the phone?

Gráinne

• Registered Users Posts: 36 CornBlitz

Hi Ashton,

In regard to the insurance unfortunately you will have to take this up with CPP insurance directly. eMobile would not be able pursue this on your behalf for data protection reasons.

As you advised you both signed up in October she would not be eligible for an upgrade at the moment. The only option available would be to buy the phone at full price.

If there is anything else I can assist you with don't hesitate to contact me here.

Grainne
    Hello Grainne,

Thank you for the info.  It looks like we have no choice but get a new sim free phone for now. Could you please tell me around what time will she be eligible for an upgrade? Just an estimate would be good. 

Thank you
    Ashton

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭wilser

Hi wilser,

Could you advise if you are interested in buying the phone on Prepaid or on Billpay? The phone is only available to buy on Billpay through our online store.

Grainne
    Hi Grainne

I have been trying to buy the phone on bill pay.
    It is still showing out of stock for me.

Thanks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Hi Melion,

Have you checked if the numbers in question have been added to your blocked list on the phone?

Gráinne
    Hi Grainne,

I explained i receive texts from the people for a few days before the issue starts all over again. No, there are no numbers on my blocked list. The phone is obviously still under warranty, would a replacement handset be issued for this problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Hi,
    Do you know when the Nokia Drive app will be made available to the eMobile network on phones using Windows Phone 8?

CornBlitz wrote: »
    Hello Grainne,

Thank you for the info.  It looks like we have no choice but get a new sim free phone for now. Could you please tell me around what time will she be eligible for an upgrade? Just an estimate would be good. 

Thank you
    Ashton
    Hi Ashton,

If you get your girlfriend to PM me her mobile number and pin I will be able advise exactly when she will be able avail of an upgrade.

Alternatively if she does not have a boars.ie profile you can PM me her details and I will be able contact her.

Grainne

wilser wrote: »
    Hi Grainne

I have been trying to buy the phone on bill pay.
    It is still showing out of stock for me.

Thanks
    Hi wilser,

I can see that this phone is now out of stock on our website. I will check to see when this phone will be available again online and will advise.

Grainne

Melion wrote: »
    Hi Grainne,

I explained i receive texts from the people for a few days before the issue starts all over again. No, there are no numbers on my blocked list. The phone is obviously still under warranty, would a replacement handset be issued for this problem?
    Hi Melion,

Could you PM your mobile number pin and the numbers in question I will escalate this onto our technical team.

Grainne

Caliden wrote: »
    Hi,
    Do you know when the Nokia Drive app will be made available to the eMobile network on phones using Windows Phone 8?
    Hi Caliden,

I will get this investigated for you and will advise once I get an update.

Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Hi Captain Morgan,

Could you advise what issues you were having? Could you PM your mobile number pin and also your email address I will follow up why you did not receive a response. Also could you advise what email address you sent this email to.

Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

No problem Captain Morgan.

I have just responded to your PM.

Grainne

Hi Caliden,

I will get this investigated for you and will advise once I get an update.

Grainne
    Thanks Grainne.

Caliden wrote: »
    Thanks Grainne.
    Hi Caliden,

I have just been advised that our team are waiting on confirmation from Nokia in regard to the Nokia Drive App. Unfortunately there is not any time frame of when this will be made available. 

Grainne

Hi Caliden,

I have just been advised that our team are waiting on confirmation from Nokia in regard to the Nokia Drive App. Unfortunately there is not any time frame of when this will be made available. 

Grainne
    Hi Grainne,

Thanks for getting back to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Hi,

For signing up to a bill pay plan is there an idea of the deposit amount that will have to be paid that you can give me or is this a varying amount?

K.

kmart6 wrote: »
    Hi,

For signing up to a bill pay plan is there an idea of the deposit amount that will have to be paid that you can give me or is this a varying amount?

K.
    Hi K,

Unfortunately it is not possible to advise if you will be required to pay a deposit. This is only calculated after your order is processed.

Grainne

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭mikehammer67

Hi mikehammer67,

Unfortunately it is not possible to block premium numbers on your account.

Grainne
    hi
    i was just on the phone to emobile rep

he assures me that a block can be put on all numbers outside the package

-international calls and premium numbers

????

• Advertisement

hi
    i was just on the phone to emobile rep

he assures me that a block can be put on all numbers outside the package

-international calls and premium numbers

????
    Hi mikehammer67,

The block on premium rate numbers can only prevent you from calling the number not from texting the number.

Grainne

Advertisement