Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Welcome to the eMobile thread, on Boards to answer your queries

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Philush

Hi Philush,

Would you like to PM me your details and I will look into this for you?

Thanks

Tracey

Thanks Tracey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

Philush wrote: »
    Thanks Tracey
    No problem at all.

Thanks

Tracey

• Registered Users Posts: 2,417 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

There are some conflicting messages on the eMobile website: are the SIM Only plans on a 30 day rolling contract?

Some parts of the website say there is an 18 month contract, other parts say it is a 30 day contract, which you can cancel with 30 days notice. Also, are there other ways to credit the account, rather than using direct debit, as this is a bit of a deal breaker. I'm considering the 30 Day Unlimited (€32).

Please clarify the situation for me. Thanks!

• Company Representative Posts: 690 ✭✭✭eMobile: Grainne

There are some conflicting messages on the eMobile website: are the SIM Only plans on a 30 day rolling contract?

Some parts of the website say there is an 18 month contract, other parts say it is a 30 day contract, which you can cancel with 30 days notice. Also, are there other ways to credit the account, rather than using direct debit, as this is a bit of a deal breaker. I'm considering the 30 Day Unlimited (€32).

Please clarify the situation for me. Thanks!
    Hi StaticNoise,

Yes I can confirm that our SIM Only contracts are 30 day rolling contracts. Nearly all of our SIM Only plans are available on 12 and 18 month plans also this may be what you are seeing.

In order to set up an eMobile account you are required to set up a direct debit. This can be for a bank account or for a credit card.

After you are on the network for more than three months and have successfully paid 3 bills you are then free to cancel your direct debit.

Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭samih

Hi there,

I have a NGB installation scheduled for Tuesday but would like to cancel the appointment, please. Tried ringing to 1901 but didn't get through. Order number is: 273758

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,417 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Hi StaticNoise,

Yes I can confirm that our SIM Only contracts are 30 day rolling contracts. Nearly all of our SIM Only plans are available on 12 and 18 month plans also this may be what you are seeing.

In order to set up an eMobile account you are required to set up a direct debit. This can be for a bank account or for a credit card.

After you are on the network for more than three months and have successfully paid 3 bills you are then free to cancel your direct debit.

Grainne

Thanks Grainne,

However, can I ask you, how would you be able to pay for the service after the direct debit period? Also, wouldn't this mean that the rolling 30 day contract wouldn't facilitate a termination until after three months have passed?

Hi StaticNoise,

Grainne

Thanks Grainne,

However, can I ask you, how would you be able to pay for the service after the direct debit period? Also, wouldn't this mean that the rolling 30 day contract wouldn't facilitate a termination until after three months have passed?
    No problem StaticNoise,

I can assure you that the duration of a direct debit of 3 months will not affect you in anyway if you wish to cancel your account before the three month period.

Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 5,326 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

My parents are Eircom home phone and broadband customers.Can you confirm that they can both get the Nokia Luma 520 on an 18 month contract for €15 a month with the following:

·         150 minutes of calls to any Irish network

·         150 texts to any Irish network

·         Unlimited calls to Irish landlines

·         Unlimited calls to Meteor and e-Mobile
    ·         500MB of internet

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    My parents are Eircom home phone and broadband customers.Can you confirm that they can both get the Nokia Luma 520 on an 18 month contract for €15 a month with the following:

·         150 minutes of calls to any Irish network

·         150 texts to any Irish network

·         Unlimited calls to Irish landlines

·         Unlimited calls to Meteor and e-Mobile
    ·         500MB of internet

Hi Redsoxfan,

Yes I can confirm that as both your parents are existing eircom customers they are able to avail of the above plan. If they wish to purchase the Lumia 520 on this plan it will cost them €9 to buy. The bill will cost them €15 per month provided they remain within the allowance.

In order to sign up to this plan the account holder will need to agree to extend there eircom account by an additional 12 months. 

You can view details of this plan here: http://www.emobile.ie/phonesplansmore/plans/postpay/detailsBundles/?gid=122#

Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 5,326 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Excellent - thanks Grainne

• Advertisement

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    Excellent - thanks Grainne
    No problem Redsoxfan,

I am just looking into your PM at the moment. I will get back to it shortly.

Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭FGR

Hi there! I notice that the Lumia 620 is no longer in stock. Any idea of when you'll have more? All the other Windows Phones are too big imo..

FGR wrote: »
    Hi there! I notice that the Lumia 620 is no longer in stock. Any idea of when you'll have more? All the other Windows Phones are too big imo..
    Hi FGR,

I will check if we will be stocking this phone. As soon as I get an update I will advise here.

Gráinne

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭gunnerfitzy

Hi,

In relation to the Prepaid 50 International minutes add on could you tell me the following:

A. Is the add on time restricted e.g. valid for one month or does it remain valid until the expiry of the minutes?

B. Is it possible check the remaining balance of minutes by text or shortcode?

C. Is there a reminder sent when the balance of minutes is running low?

D. Can you have multiple international minutes add ons at the one time e.g. If I had a balance of 10 minutes on my current add on and then purchased another would I have a new balance of 60 minutes?

Thanks. 

FGR wrote: »
    Hi FGR,

eMobile are no longer stocking this phone. It is no longer available to buy.

Gráinne

Hi,

In relation to the Prepaid 50 International minutes add on could you tell me the following:

A. Is the add on time restricted e.g. valid for one month or does it remain valid until the expiry of the minutes?

B. Is it possible check the remaining balance of minutes by text or shortcode?

C. Is there a reminder sent when the balance of minutes is running low?

D. Can you have multiple international minutes add ons at the one time e.g. If I had a balance of 10 minutes on my current add on and then purchased another would I have a new balance of 60 minutes?

Thanks. 
    Hi gunnerfitzy,

This add - on activates for a period of 30 days. You will need to use up your allocation before your billing date. If you do not wish to add the add - on for a further month you will need to cancel it before your billing date.

Yes it is possible to check the allowance. All you need to do is text balance to 50104. When you are reaching your allowance you will receive a text message advising that it is close to being used up and again when the add - on has been used up.

Unfortunately it is only possible to activate one international add - on per month.

Grainne

Thanks Grainne,

I asked about the validity period because the time period you mentioned would be the norm for most add ons however the t&cs for the offer states that the add in is valid for 12 months. 

http://www.emobile.ie/assets/static/pdfs/prepay_international_addon_v1.pdf

Can you please confirm? I noticed you mentioned billing date in your post above. I just want to restate that it's the prepaid add on I'm enquiring about, not the bill pay version. 

Thanks again. 

Thanks Grainne,

I asked about the validity period because the time period you mentioned would be the norm for most add ons however the t&cs for the offer states that the add in is valid for 12 months. 

Can you please confirm? I noticed you mentioned billing date in your post above. I just want to restate that it's the prepaid add on I'm enquiring about, not the bill pay version. 

Thanks again. 
    Hi Gunnerfitzy,

If you click on this link it advises that this add - on is applied to an account for a period of 30 days. If you do not use up the add - on within 30 days the remaining allowance is removed and you are then given a new allocation. http://www.emobile.ie/phonesplansmore/addons/

Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Dammer

Hi reps,

Hope you can clear something up on a billing issue.
    My sister is on Select Unlimited 30 days SIM only plan which is advertised at €32 per month.

Her latest bill is over €49.

What reasons are there, that could explain why an unlimited plan is over 50% more expensive then what she signed up for?

She did say that she sent 5-6 picture messages and made NO international, premium line calls.

tks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭Drift

Hi Grainne,

I am an emobile customer and I have been unable to mms picture messages from O2 numbers since at least Friday. I contacted emobile via the online chat function on Saturday evening and they asked me to check my sim in other phones and other sims in my phone. I checked with three different O2 people and four separate people I know on emobile it was impossible to receive O2 mms messages on emobile phones. Eventually the person on the chat system contacted emobile technical support who said it was a "routing issue" that would be fixed within 24 hours.

Can you please look into this for me?

I am certain it is not an O2 problem because the same O2 phones have been able to send mms messages to other networks.

I do not know if this is a network wide issue or just a unhappy coincidence for the four emobile customers I know.

• Advertisement

Thanks Grainne,

Thanks again. 
    Hi Gunnerfitzy,

If you click on this link it advises that this add - on is applied to an account for a period of 30 days. If you do not use up the add - on within 30 days the remaining allowance is removed and you are then given a new allocation. http://www.emobile.ie/phonesplansmore/addons/

Grainne
    Hi again Grainne,

The link on the on the bottom of the page '[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]International add-on Terms and Conditions[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]' [/font]brings me to a PDF document titled 'International Add On - Bill Pay'. This does indeed state that the minutes must be used with one month. However it is the prepaid add on specifically that I am  enquiring about.

On the terms and conditions section of the website there is an link for ' [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]International Add On - Prepay[/font] '. When click on this it brings me to a PDF document titled ' International Add On - Prepay '. This document states 'The Promotion minutes must be used within 12 months. Unused minutes cannot be carried over into the next year'.

Are the terms and conditions stated on website incorrect?

Thanks again.

Thanks Grainne,

Thanks again. 
    Hi Gunnerfitzy,

Grainne
    Hi again Grainne,

The link on the on the bottom of the page '[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]International add-on Terms and Conditions[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]' [/font]brings me to a PDF document titled 'International Add On - Bill Pay'. This does indeed state that the minutes must be used with one month. However it is the prepaid add on specifically that I am  enquiring about.

On the terms and conditions section of the website there is an link for ' [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]International Add On - Prepay[/font] '. When click on this it brings me to a PDF document titled ' International Add On - Prepay '. This document states 'The Promotion minutes must be used within 12 months. Unused minutes cannot be carried over into the next year'.

Thanks again.
    Hi gunnerfitzy,

I will get this investigated with our online team. As soon as I get an update on this I will advise.

Grainne

Thanks Grainne,

Thanks again. 
    Hi Gunnerfitzy,

Grainne
    Hi again Grainne,

Thanks again.
    Hi gunnerfitzy,

I will get this investigated with our online team. As soon as I get an update on this I will advise.

Grainne
    Hi Grainne,

Any update on this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭shamwari

Hi eMobile. Can you confirm what is happening with mobile data in North County Dublin please? I just rang your call centre and was advised that there were issues affecting some users since yesterday but there was nothing by way of a restoration time. I can't get any connection over 2g and 3g. Calls and texts are perfect though.

• Company Representative Posts: 424 Verified rep eMobile: Tony

shamwari wrote: »
    Hi eMobile. Can you confirm what is happening with mobile data in North County Dublin please? I just rang your call centre and was advised that there were issues affecting some users since yesterday but there was nothing by way of a restoration time. I can't get any connection over 2g and 3g. Calls and texts are perfect though.
    Hi shamwari,

Can you advise the exact location you're having issues and we'll check this out for you.

Tony

• Company Representative Posts: 424 Verified rep eMobile: Tony

Thanks Grainne,

Thanks again. 
    Hi Gunnerfitzy,

Grainne
    Hi again Grainne,

Thanks again.
    Hi gunnerfitzy,

Grainne
    Hi Grainne,

Any update on this?
    Hi gunnerfitzy,

We are currently awaiting an update on this and  we will get back to you shortly.

Tony

Hi shamwari,

Can you advise the exact location you're having issues and we'll check this out for you.

Tony

PM sent

Hi shamwari,

Tony
    Hi

The issue seems to be resolved as of yesterday evening.

Many thanks for any help you may have given,

Sham

Hi shamwari,

Tony
    Hi

The issue seems to be resolved as of yesterday evening.

Many thanks for any help you may have given,

Sham
    Glad to hear that is resolved for you Sham.

Post here if any other queries.

Grainne

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭Drift

Hi Grainne,

I have two queries:

Query 1:
    Drift wrote: »
    Hi Grainne,

I am an emobile customer and I have been unable to mms picture messages from O2 numbers since at least Friday. I contacted emobile via the online chat function on Saturday evening and they asked me to check my sim in other phones and other sims in my phone. I checked with three different O2 people and four separate people I know on emobile it was impossible to receive O2 mms messages on emobile phones. Eventually the person on the chat system contacted emobile technical support who said it was a "routing issue" that would be fixed within 24 hours.

Can you please look into this for me?

I am certain it is not an O2 problem because the same O2 phones have been able to send mms messages to other networks.

I do not know if this is a network wide issue or just a unhappy coincidence for the four emobile customers I know.

This issue that I posted has been completely ignored on this message board. I have called your "Customer Support" team about it on four separate occasions. Each time the person I have talked with has been very polite but totally unable to help me. Each time they have contacted "Technical Support" on my behalf but each time all they can tell me is that Technical Support are dealing with the issue.

Technical Support will give no indication of when they might follow up on it or when they will let me know what they have achieved. Also Technical Support do not talk to the public so each time I ring I have to repeat my problem to the customer support person who then just tells me the same thing: that Technical Support have been told about the issue.

Query 2:
    I am unable to sign up to the emobile "Let's talk" forum on your website. The sign up form tells me that my phone number and pin code are "Invalid Credentials"

Advertisement