Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Welcome to the eMobile thread, on Boards to answer your queries

Options

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 690 ✭✭✭eMobile: Grainne

Drift wrote: »
    Hi Grainne,

I have two queries:

Query 1:
    Hi Grainne,

I am an emobile customer and I have been unable to mms picture messages from O2 numbers since at least Friday. I contacted emobile via the online chat function on Saturday evening and they asked me to check my sim in other phones and other sims in my phone. I checked with three different O2 people and four separate people I know on emobile it was impossible to receive O2 mms messages on emobile phones. Eventually the person on the chat system contacted emobile technical support who said it was a "routing issue" that would be fixed within 24 hours.

Can you please look into this for me?

I am certain it is not an O2 problem because the same O2 phones have been able to send mms messages to other networks.

I do not know if this is a network wide issue or just a unhappy coincidence for the four emobile customers I know.

This issue that I posted has been completely ignored on this message board. I have called your "Customer Support" team about it on four separate occasions. Each time the person I have talked with has been very polite but totally unable to help me. Each time they have contacted "Technical Support" on my behalf but each time all they can tell me is that Technical Support are dealing with the issue.

Technical Support will give no indication of when they might follow up on it or when they will let me know what they have achieved. Also Technical Support do not talk to the public so each time I ring I have to repeat my problem to the customer support person who then just tells me the same thing: that Technical Support have been told about the issue.

Query 2:
    I am unable to sign up to the emobile "Let's talk" forum on your website. The sign up form tells me that my phone number and pin code are "Invalid Credentials"
    Hi Drift,

Our apologies your post was not responded to.

Could you advise when the MMS is being sent to your phone do you have mobile data enabled on your phone?
    Could you PM your mobile number and PIN and what phone you have I will see what can be done.

In regard to the eMobile forum you definitely should be able register your details. Once I get your details I will be able check what the issue is.

Grainne

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Hi there, im wondering how much it will cost for me to cancel my emobile contract, i have both mine and my wifes phone on the account, her contract expires in December 13 where as mine is Feb 14.

Dcully wrote: »
    Hi there, im wondering how much it will cost for me to cancel my emobile contract, i have both mine and my wifes phone on the account, her contract expires in December 13 where as mine is Feb 14.
    Hi Dcully,

Could you PM your mobile number and PIN I can check what the cancellation fees would be if you were to cancel both numbers on your account.

Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Hi guys,

I was travelling for the past 3 months and I lost my SIM card while abroad. When I got home, I got a SIM replacement. Ever since, I've had no 3G or H+ data connection. Edge is the very best that I can get. I've tried getting a second SIM replacement in case it was a SIM problem but had no luck there. I've checked for the correct internet settings and all is fine there too. Is there anything ye can do for me? I need my internet connection to be much better than it is now, it's not even half as good as it was when I left. I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 btw.

Thanks

Hi Dcully,

Could you PM your mobile number and PIN I can check what the cancellation fees would be if you were to cancel both numbers on your account.

Grainne
    Hi Grainne,i sent you a pm with details at 14:43 today, any info yet?

• Advertisement

dorgasm wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I was travelling for the past 3 months and I lost my SIM card while abroad. When I got home, I got a SIM replacement. Ever since, I've had no 3G or H+ data connection. Edge is the very best that I can get. I've tried getting a second SIM replacement in case it was a SIM problem but had no luck there. I've checked for the correct internet settings and all is fine there too. Is there anything ye can do for me? I need my internet connection to be much better than it is now, it's not even half as good as it was when I left. I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 btw.

Thanks
    Hi dorgasm,

Could you advise what location you are experiencing this in? Also could you check what settings you have set up on your phone? Is it set as GSM/WCDMA? This is the best setting to ensure that you have 3G access.

Gráinne

Hi Dcully,

Grainne
    Hi Dcully,

I have responded to your PM.

Grainne

Hi Dcully,

Grainne
    Hi Dcully,

Grainne
    Thanks a lot Grainne ,ive replied to you via pm.

Hi Dcully,

Grainne
    Hi Dcully,

Grainne
    Thanks a lot Grainne ,ive replied to you via pm.
    No problem Dcully.

I will get back to your PM now.

Grainne

Hi guys,

Thanks
    Hi dorgasm,

Could you advise what location you are experiencing this in? Also could you check what settings you have set up on your phone? Is it set as GSM/WCDMA? This is the best setting to ensure that you have 3G access.

Gráinne
    Hi Grainne,

Thanks for the help. You are exactly right. I had altered the setting abroad to be compatible with the network I was with. Completely forgot about it. Sorted now so thanks!

• Advertisement

Hi guys,

Thanks
    Hi dorgasm,

Gráinne
    Hi Grainne,

Thanks for the help. You are exactly right. I had altered the setting abroad to be compatible with the network I was with. Completely forgot about it. Sorted now so thanks!
    Glad to hear that resolved this dorgasm.

Let me know if you have any other queries.

Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭gunnerfitzy

Thanks Grainne,

I asked about the validity period because the time period you mentioned would be the norm for most add ons however the t&cs for the offer states that the add in is valid for 12 months. 

http://www.emobile.ie/assets/static/pdfs/prepay_international_addon_v1.pdf

Can you please confirm? I noticed you mentioned billing date in your post above. I just want to restate that it's the prepaid add on I'm enquiring about, not the bill pay version. 

Thanks again. 
    Hi Gunnerfitzy,

If you click on this link it advises that this add - on is applied to an account for a period of 30 days. If you do not use up the add - on within 30 days the remaining allowance is removed and you are then given a new allocation. http://www.emobile.ie/phonesplansmore/addons/

Grainne
    Hi again Grainne,

The link on the on the bottom of the page '[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]International add-on Terms and Conditions[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]' [/font]brings me to a PDF document titled 'International Add On - Bill Pay'. This does indeed state that the minutes must be used with one month. However it is the prepaid add on specifically that I am  enquiring about.

On the terms and conditions section of the website there is an link for ' [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]International Add On - Prepay[/font] '. When click on this it brings me to a PDF document titled ' International Add On - Prepay '. This document states 'The Promotion minutes must be used within 12 months. Unused minutes cannot be carried over into the next year'.

Are the terms and conditions stated on website incorrect?

Thanks again.
    Hi gunnerfitzy,

I will get this investigated with our online team. As soon as I get an update on this I will advise.

Grainne
    Hi Grainne,

Any update on this?
    Hi gunnerfitzy,

We are currently awaiting an update on this and  we will get back to you shortly.

Tony
    Any update folks?

Thanks Grainne,

I asked about the validity period because the time period you mentioned would be the norm for most add ons however the t&cs for the offer states that the add in is valid for 12 months. 

http://www.emobile.ie/assets/static/pdfs/prepay_international_addon_v1.pdf

Can you please confirm? I noticed you mentioned billing date in your post above. I just want to restate that it's the prepaid add on I'm enquiring about, not the bill pay version. 

Thanks again. 
    Hi Gunnerfitzy,

If you click on this link it advises that this add - on is applied to an account for a period of 30 days. If you do not use up the add - on within 30 days the remaining allowance is removed and you are then given a new allocation. http://www.emobile.ie/phonesplansmore/addons/

Grainne
    Hi again Grainne,

The link on the on the bottom of the page '[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]International add-on Terms and Conditions[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]' [/font]brings me to a PDF document titled 'International Add On - Bill Pay'. This does indeed state that the minutes must be used with one month. However it is the prepaid add on specifically that I am  enquiring about.

On the terms and conditions section of the website there is an link for ' [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]International Add On - Prepay[/font] '. When click on this it brings me to a PDF document titled ' International Add On - Prepay '. This document states 'The Promotion minutes must be used within 12 months. Unused minutes cannot be carried over into the next year'.

Are the terms and conditions stated on website incorrect?

Thanks again.
    Hi gunnerfitzy,

I will get this investigated with our online team. As soon as I get an update on this I will advise.

Grainne
    Hi Grainne,

Any update on this?
    Hi gunnerfitzy,

We are currently awaiting an update on this and  we will get back to you shortly.

Tony
    Any update folks?
    Hi gunnerfitzy,

Both myself and Tony have escalated this to the relevant department to get this altered.

As soon as it is changed I will notify you here.

Grainne

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭Drift

Hi Grainne,

I have two queries:

Query 1:
    Hi Grainne,

I am an emobile customer and I have been unable to mms picture messages from O2 numbers since at least Friday. I contacted emobile via the online chat function on Saturday evening and they asked me to check my sim in other phones and other sims in my phone. I checked with three different O2 people and four separate people I know on emobile it was impossible to receive O2 mms messages on emobile phones. Eventually the person on the chat system contacted emobile technical support who said it was a "routing issue" that would be fixed within 24 hours.

I am certain it is not an O2 problem because the same O2 phones have been able to send mms messages to other networks.

I do not know if this is a network wide issue or just a unhappy coincidence for the four emobile customers I know.

This issue that I posted has been completely ignored on this message board. I have called your "Customer Support" team about it on four separate occasions. Each time the person I have talked with has been very polite but totally unable to help me. Each time they have contacted "Technical Support" on my behalf but each time all they can tell me is that Technical Support are dealing with the issue.

Technical Support will give no indication of when they might follow up on it or when they will let me know what they have achieved. Also Technical Support do not talk to the public so each time I ring I have to repeat my problem to the customer support person who then just tells me the same thing: that Technical Support have been told about the issue.

Query 2:
    I am unable to sign up to the emobile "Let's talk" forum on your website. The sign up form tells me that my phone number and pin code are "Invalid Credentials"
    Hi Grainne,

In follow up to this post I have sent you a private message with full details as you requested including details of my 5 calls to the emobile helpline and details of the responses they promised but did not deliver in each case. I would appreciate if you could follow this up for me and post or pm me and update.

Thanks.

Hi

I have recently moved house. The reception in my new house both inside AND outside is very very very poor. Most of the time I have no signal. At times this goes to 1 or 2 bars but if I try make a call/ go online this disappears instantly. Almost every call is dropped or myself or the caller cant hear each other.

Is there anything which can be done to help me please? I have been missing and dropping important calls recently as a direct result of this.

Many thanks.

Hi Grainne,

I have two queries:

Query 1:
    Hi Grainne,

Query 2:
    Hi Grainne,

In follow up to this post I have sent you a private message with full details as you requested including details of my 5 calls to the emobile helpline and details of the responses they promised but did not deliver in each case. I would appreciate if you could follow this up for me and post or pm me and update.

Thanks.
    Hi Drift,

I have responded to your PM. Once I receive the information you requested I will be able look into this for you.

Grainne

TheTorment wrote: »
    Hi

I have recently moved house. The reception in my new house both inside AND outside is very very very poor. Most of the time I have no signal. At times this goes to 1 or 2 bars but if I try make a call/ go online this disappears instantly. Almost every call is dropped or myself or the caller cant hear each other.

Is there anything which can be done to help me please? I have been missing and dropping important calls recently as a direct result of this.

Many thanks.
    Hi TheTorment,

Could you PM me your mobile number PIN and the new address I will check what the coverage is like in your new location.

Grainne

Hi

Many thanks.
    Hi TheTorment,

Could you PM me your mobile number PIN and the new address I will check what the coverage is like in your new location.

Grainne
    Thanks Grainne.
    PM sent 

Hi

Many thanks.
    Hi TheTorment,

Grainne
    Thanks Grainne.
    PM sent 
    No problem TheTorment,

I will check out your PM now.

Grainne

Hi

Many thanks.
    Hi TheTorment,

Grainne
    Thanks Grainne.
    PM sent 
    No problem TheTorment,

Grainne
    Hi Grainne 
    Any update please?

• Advertisement

Hi

Many thanks.
    Hi TheTorment,

Grainne
    Thanks Grainne.
    PM sent 
    No problem TheTorment,

Grainne
    Hi Grainne 
    Any update please?
    Hi,

I have just responded to your PM.

Grainne

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Hiya folks.

Got a strange issue and need you to look into it.

I have a particular company claiming to ring me and I am not getting any calls from them.  I have challenged them and they have been able to reel off times they claim to have tried me.  We are talking about five or six calls.  My phone shows no missed calls so either there is a fault somewhere or they are telling porkies.  The problem is they are THEN ringing another number where the call is unwelcome, so this is kind off important.

Can you check your end please.

Sending a pm to grainne with security details and my phone number

Many thanks

Superscouse

Thanks Grainne.

Ive replied with a few questions.

Hiya folks.

I have a particular company claiming to ring me and I am not getting any calls from them.  I have challenged them and they have been able to reel off times they claim to have tried me.  We are talking about five or six calls.  My phone shows no missed calls so either there is a fault somewhere or they are telling porkies.  The problem is they are THEN ringing another number where the call is unwelcome, so this is kind off important.

Many thanks

Superscouse
    Hi superscouse,

I have just got back to your PM. Let me know if this works for you.

Grainne

Thanks Grainne.

Ive replied with a few questions.
    Hi TheTorment,

I have just got back to you.

Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭numorouno

Quote: superscouse
    Hiya folks.

Many thanks

Superscouse

het reps

I have the same problem as above. I ring my phone from my wife's phone who is not on emobile and it says my number can't be reached on 3 and 4 times but rings on the 5 th time with the reception showing the same bars all the time (I am roaming when at home cos there is no emobile coverage but I don't have a major issue with this(

Could you look into it for me please

Thanks
    Numorouno

numorouno wrote: »
    Quote: superscouse
    Hiya folks.

Many thanks

Superscouse

het reps

I have the same problem as above. I ring my phone from my wife's phone who is not on emobile and it says my number can't be reached on 3 and 4 times but rings on the 5 th time with the reception showing the same bars all the time (I am roaming when at home cos there is no emobile coverage but I don't have a major issue with this(

Could you look into it for me please

Thanks
    Numorouno
    Hi Numorouno,

Sorry to hear you are having issues. Could you PM your mobile number and PIN I will look into this for you.

Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭numorouno

Hi Numorouno,

Sorry to hear you are having issues. Could you PM your mobile number and PIN I will look into this for you.

Grainne

Pm sent Grainne

Hi guys,

I'm having an issue with text messages on my phone. I'm not sure if it's just sending or just receiving but for the past few days, some of my friends say they have sent me a text message but I have not received it. This has happened numerous times now. I tested it out myself by sending a couple of messages from my own number to my own number. Only ~75% of the messages I sent came through to my phone. I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S3. 

Let me know if ye need more info, thanks.

• Advertisement

Hi Grainne,

I still await your reply from my PM from Thursday.

please have the decency to reply.

Advertisement