Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Welcome to the eMobile thread, on Boards to answer your queries

Options

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 690 ✭✭✭eMobile: Grainne

dorgasm wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I'm having an issue with text messages on my phone. I'm not sure if it's just sending or just receiving but for the past few days, some of my friends say they have sent me a text message but I have not received it. This has happened numerous times now. I tested it out myself by sending a couple of messages from my own number to my own number. Only ~75% of the messages I sent came through to my phone. I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S3. 

Let me know if ye need more info, thanks.
    Hi dorgasm,

Could you PM me your mobile number and PIN I can look into this for you.

Grainne

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Hi folks, i just changed my phone,bought a HTC One that was on the o2 network, got it unlocked but now my emobile data wont work, texting and calls are fine.
    It must me an APN issue?
    When i go to my account on emobile site and try to download my phone settings it says 

[font=arial, sans-serif]Error: your number xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [/font][font=arial, sans-serif]is not known by the configuration system.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]ANy ideas please?[/font]

Dcully wrote: »
    Hi folks, i just changed my phone,bought a HTC One that was on the o2 network, got it unlocked but now my emobile data wont work, texting and calls are fine.
    It must me an APN issue?
    When i go to my account on emobile site and try to download my phone settings it says 

[font=arial, sans-serif]Error: your number xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [/font][font=arial, sans-serif]is not known by the configuration system.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]ANy ideas please?[/font]
    Hi Dcully,

The reason you are unable to get the settings sent to your phone is because it is an Android phone. The settings need to be manually applied to your phone.

The settings for your phone are as follows:

Data

1.eMobileAPN - Data.eircom.ie
    2.No user name
    3.No password
    4.Leave all other settings as current defaults on handset

MMS

1.mms.eircom.ie 2.Username: my 3.Password: wap 4.Server: leave blank 5.Mmsc: http://mms.eircom.ie 6.Mms proxy: 10.85.85.85 7.Mms port: 8799 8.Mms protocol: wap 2.0
    9.Mcn: 03 10.Authentication type: pap 11.Apn type: mms

Grainne

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Thanks Grainne, i  found settings on the emobile site after this post lastnight and it seems fine now.

Hi Grainne

I am still awaiting your reply to my PM requesting my contract please.

Please advise on how long you plan on leaving me waiting.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Any idea of when Emobile is getting the note3 ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭Drift

Drift wrote: »
    In follow up to this post I have sent you a private message with full details as you requested including details of my 5 calls to the emobile helpline and details of the responses they promised but did not deliver in each case. I would appreciate if you could follow this up for me and post or pm me and update.

Thanks.
    Hi Grainne,

I have just sent you another private message regarding none of the phones on our business account being able to receive MMS messages from the O2 network.

As you are aware I first reported this issue to emobile on 18th August 2013. It is now the 24th of September and despite 5 phone calls, 3 online chat conversations and 5 private messages exchanged with yourself the issue has not been addressed at all and no-one has contacted me regarding it.

Part of the service emobile are charging me for is the ability to receive MMS messages and they are neither providing this service nor attempting to provide it.

I have requested details by PM of the attempts that have been made to solve the issue and the proposed future attempts to solve it.

Dcully wrote: »
    Thanks Grainne, i  found settings on the emobile site after this post lastnight and it seems fine now.
    Glad to hear that Dcully,

Let us know if this works for you.

Gráinne

TheTorment wrote: »
    Hi Grainne

I am still awaiting your reply to my PM requesting my contract please.

Please advise on how long you plan on leaving me waiting.
    Hi TheTorment,

My apologies I will get back to your PM now.

Gráinne

Hi samapple789

This phone is due to be released in October. We do not have the confirmed date yet. It will be updated on our website.

Gráinne

• Advertisement

In follow up to this post I have sent you a private message with full details as you requested including details of my 5 calls to the emobile helpline and details of the responses they promised but did not deliver in each case. I would appreciate if you could follow this up for me and post or pm me and update.

Thanks.
    Hi Grainne,

I have just sent you another private message regarding none of the phones on our business account being able to receive MMS messages from the O2 network.

As you are aware I first reported this issue to emobile on 18th August 2013. It is now the 24th of September and despite 5 phone calls, 3 online chat conversations and 5 private messages exchanged with yourself the issue has not been addressed at all and no-one has contacted me regarding it.

Part of the service emobile are charging me for is the ability to receive MMS messages and they are neither providing this service nor attempting to provide it.

I have requested details by PM of the attempts that have been made to solve the issue and the proposed future attempts to solve it.
    Hi Drift,

I will check for an update on this from the manager of our business team.

As soon as I get an update I will advise.

Grainne

Grainne

Thank you Grainne.

I appreciate that you are not to blame but you are the only consistent point of contact I have. Every time I ring I get someone different who promises the world because they know I will never get back through to them again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Hi samapple789

This phone is due to be released in October. We do not have the confirmed date yet. It will be updated on our website.

Gráinne
    Thanks as i am waiting to use my upgrade on it 

Grainne

Thank you Grainne.

I appreciate that you are not to blame but you are the only consistent point of contact I have. Every time I ring I get someone different who promises the world because they know I will never get back through to them again.
    No problem at all Drift,

Any time I receive an update I can assure you I will inform you.

Gráinne

Hi samapple789

Gráinne
    Thanks as i am waiting to use my upgrade on it 
    Glad to help samapple789,

Just make sure to keep an eye on our website.

Gráinne

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Hi,

With the announced of 4G today, do you know what areas in Dublin can avail of 4g speeds?

Caliden wrote: »
    Hi,

With the announced of 4G today, do you know what areas in Dublin can avail of 4g speeds?
    Hi Caliden,

You can find details of our 4G coverage on this link

Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Hi,

Hi Caliden,

Grainne
    Thanks Grainne.

I have a HTC 8x which says it is 4G compatible on the manufacturer's website. Is there anything I need to change on my phone to enable 4G?

Hi Drift,

Grainne
    Hi Grainne?

Any update yet? I still haven't heard anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

You might wish to be aware an issue I have with Emobile which will almost certainly have me looking elsewhere asap. Right now one of our four business phones is sitting in the shop in Henry Street because your repair guys are saying it was repaired by an unauthorised repair shop. It was not. It was purchased around the end of 2012 so as far as I'm concerned it's still under guarantee so why would I send it to some 'backstreet' repair shop? It was previously (and it seems unsuccessfully) repaired by your guys in March so if any seal was broken or any stickers removed it was by them. If they are now saying the work done was "dodgy" they are commenting on their own work. Possibly why they are trying to blame someone else? The store have asked the same repair guys for a "second opinion" but I can't see the point of that...  I await a response.
    I dislike that my son (and by implication myself) have been called liars. It's enough to bring my solicitor in on the issue but I'll hold off on that to see what response I get. There can only be two satisfactory responses to this, the phone is either repaired or replaced.  Otherwise I will escalate it and it's not something I do lightly. 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭return guide

Hi, I have recently signed up to your small business mobile. 
    What do I need to do to avail of he 4G service. I am based in Dublin?

Thanks 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭christ on a bike!

I went into a shop to ask for a 4g sim card, they sent me out and said that I would first need to ring customer care and set up my acount for it (I am bill pay)

I rang cutomer care and they told me I would have to change my tariff, which I was unwilling to do.

I then went on one of those chat windows and they said all I had to do was pop in to get a 4g simcard and I would have 4 g service.

Three different answers - PLEASE - what do I need to do????

Hi,

Hi Caliden,

Grainne
    Thanks Grainne.

I have a HTC 8x which says it is 4G compatible on the manufacturer's website. Is there anything I need to change on my phone to enable 4G?
    Hi Caliden,

In order to avail of 4G data on your phone you will need to change to a 4G price plan. You can find details of this plan here

Grainne

Hi, I have recently signed up to your small business mobile. 
    What do I need to do to avail of he 4G service. I am based in Dublin?

Thanks 
    Hi return guide,

Could you PM me your business name address and business land line number I will contact our business team on your behalf to check this out.

Grainne

I went into a shop to ask for a 4g sim card, they sent me out and said that I would first need to ring customer care and set up my acount for it (I am bill pay)

I rang cutomer care and they told me I would have to change my tariff, which I was unwilling to do.

I then went on one of those chat windows and they said all I had to do was pop in to get a 4g simcard and I would have 4 g service.

Three different answers - PLEASE - what do I need to do????
    Hi christ on a bike!,

My apologies you were given mixed information regarding getting 4G.

In order to be eligible for 4G data you need to first have a 4G enabled phone. See list here

You then need to have a 4G SIM card. This is available in an eMobile store.

You then need to ensure that you are on a 4G Price plan. See available plans here

Grainne

Slaphead07 wrote: »
    You might wish to be aware an issue I have with Emobile which will almost certainly have me looking elsewhere asap. Right now one of our four business phones is sitting in the shop in Henry Street because your repair guys are saying it was repaired by an unauthorised repair shop. It was not. It was purchased around the end of 2012 so as far as I'm concerned it's still under guarantee so why would I send it to some 'backstreet' repair shop? It was previously (and it seems unsuccessfully) repaired by your guys in March so if any seal was broken or any stickers removed it was by them. If they are now saying the work done was "dodgy" they are commenting on their own work. Possibly why they are trying to blame someone else? The store have asked the same repair guys for a "second opinion" but I can't see the point of that...  I await a response.
    I dislike that my son (and by implication myself) have been called liars. It's enough to bring my solicitor in on the issue but I'll hold off on that to see what response I get. There can only be two satisfactory responses to this, the phone is either repaired or replaced.  Otherwise I will escalate it and it's not something I do lightly. 
    Hi Slaphead07,

Could you PM me the mobile number business name and address and also the IMEI of your phone I will get this investigated.

Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

Hi Slaphead07,

Could you PM me the mobile number business name and address and also the IMEI of your phone I will get this investigated.

Grainne
    Will do, I don't have the IMEI to hand (it's one of 4 on the contract and not one I use personally) but I will send on all other details. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

I went into my local eMobile store today to switch from Meteor bill pay to eMobile Bill Pay under the Eircom landline special offer that's going on at the moment, with the intention of buying an iPhone 5.

I have 65 days left on my Meteor bill (I understand I will need to pay Meteor the cost of the remaining time on my contract). The authorisation for an iPhone 5 takes up to an hour so after waiting around town for 35 minutes it came back saying that they wanted a €130 deposit, on top of the €199 cost of the phone (for only the basic 16Gb iPhone 5), this was on a 24 month contract (a long time).

I have been a Meteor bill pay customer for 5 years and on day one I never paid a deposit. Why should I pay one now? The phone is the most basic iPhone 5 you can get and I am living in my own house, I work and I have 5 years history as a bill pay customer (granted with another network).

To say that overall cost is extortionate is an understatement. The Eircom special offer is a great deal that no other network can seem to match, but the cost of the phone and simply setting up the contract is ludicrous.

Hi Slaphead07,

Grainne
    Will do, I don't have the IMEI to hand (it's one of 4 on the contract and not one I use personally) but I will send on all other details. 
    Thanks for the PM Slaphead07,

I will get this investigated now for you.

Grainne

• Advertisement

Dermighty wrote: »
    I went into my local eMobile store today to switch from Meteor bill pay to eMobile Bill Pay under the Eircom landline special offer that's going on at the moment, with the intention of buying an iPhone 5.

I have 65 days left on my Meteor bill (I understand I will need to pay Meteor the cost of the remaining time on my contract). The authorisation for an iPhone 5 takes up to an hour so after waiting around town for 35 minutes it came back saying that they wanted a €130 deposit, on top of the €199 cost of the phone (for only the basic 16Gb iPhone 5), this was on a 24 month contract (a long time).

I have been a Meteor bill pay customer for 5 years and on day one I never paid a deposit. Why should I pay one now? The phone is the most basic iPhone 5 you can get and I am living in my own house, I work and I have 5 years history as a bill pay customer (granted with another network).

To say that overall cost is extortionate is an understatement. The Eircom special offer is a great deal that no other network can seem to match, but the cost of the phone and simply setting up the contract is ludicrous.
    Hi Dermighty,

Any of our customers who want to open a new Bill Pay account with us are subject to credit approval and in some cases, a contract pre-payment may be requested before the contract can be fully processed.

Our store or customer care team would have no information available to them regarding why your bill pay account application required this pre-payment. Further details can only be provided after we receive a signed written request from you.
    In the letter, you will need to include the below:
    - Application ID number.
    - Date application made.
    - Your Name.
    - Your mobile number if you proceeded with the contract.
    - Where you bought the phone/broadband dongle.
    - Your written signature.

This request can be sent by scanned attachment in an email to customercare@emobile.ie or by post to our below address.
    FAO Credit Control,
    1 Heuston South Quarter,
    St Johns Road,
    Dublin 8
    Upon receipt of this letter we will contact you as soon as possible though I would note it can take up to 5 to 7 working days from the time we receive your letter to process this request.

Grainne

Advertisement