Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Welcome to the eMobile thread, on Boards to answer your queries

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Dermighty wrote: »
    I went into my local eMobile store today to switch from Meteor bill pay to eMobile Bill Pay under the Eircom landline special offer that's going on at the moment, with the intention of buying an iPhone 5.

I have 65 days left on my Meteor bill (I understand I will need to pay Meteor the cost of the remaining time on my contract). The authorisation for an iPhone 5 takes up to an hour so after waiting around town for 35 minutes it came back saying that they wanted a €130 deposit, on top of the €199 cost of the phone (for only the basic 16Gb iPhone 5), this was on a 24 month contract (a long time).

I have been a Meteor bill pay customer for 5 years and on day one I never paid a deposit. Why should I pay one now? The phone is the most basic iPhone 5 you can get and I am living in my own house, I work and I have 5 years history as a bill pay customer (granted with another network).

To say that overall cost is extortionate is an understatement. The Eircom special offer is a great deal that no other network can seem to match, but the cost of the phone and simply setting up the contract is ludicrous.
    Hi Dermighty,

Any of our customers who want to open a new Bill Pay account with us are subject to credit approval and in some cases, a contract pre-payment may be requested before the contract can be fully processed.

Our store or customer care team would have no information available to them regarding why your bill pay account application required this pre-payment. Further details can only be provided after we receive a signed written request from you.
    In the letter, you will need to include the below:
    - Application ID number.
    - Date application made.
    - Your Name.
    - Your mobile number if you proceeded with the contract.
    - Where you bought the phone/broadband dongle.
    - Your written signature.

This request can be sent by scanned attachment in an email to customercare@emobile.ie or by post to our below address.
    FAO Credit Control,
    1 Heuston South Quarter,
    St Johns Road,
    Dublin 8
    Upon receipt of this letter we will contact you as soon as possible though I would note it can take up to 5 to 7 working days from the time we receive your letter to process this request.

Grainne
    Thanks for the reply.

I was told instore that the credit check went through Apple, and not eMobile. You are now telling me that the credit control department of eMobile is responsible for the check and pre-payment.

A written request? Laughable.

I'll most likely move to a network that is able to keep track of it's own business processes, instead of telling the customer one thing in contravention to reality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭Drift

Hi Drift,

I will check for an update on this from the manager of our business team.

As soon as I get an update I will advise.

Grainne
    Hi Grainne,

I feel like my problem is being completely ignored as I have received no contact from you or any member of the "business team." It is totally unacceptable that my problem is not being solved and my requests for information have been ignored.

All the phones on our business account are still unable to receive MMS messages from O2 numbers since at least August 17th.

Can you please detail how I should escalate my complaint to a more formal level.

• Company Representative Posts: 690 ✭✭✭eMobile: Grainne

Drift wrote: »
    Hi Drift,

I will check for an update on this from the manager of our business team.

As soon as I get an update I will advise.

Grainne
    Hi Grainne,

I feel like my problem is being completely ignored as I have received no contact from you or any member of the "business team." It is totally unacceptable that my problem is not being solved and my requests for information have been ignored.

All the phones on our business account are still unable to receive MMS messages from O2 numbers since at least August 17th.

Can you please detail how I should escalate my complaint to a more formal level.
    Hi Drift,

I can assure you that you are not being ignored. I have sent a request on numerous occassions to check what the status of your issue is.

If you wish to make a complaint you are free to email our complaints team on ccm@eircom.ie

Grainne

Hi Drift,

I can assure you that you are not being ignored. I have sent a request on numerous occassions to check what the status of your issue is.

If you wish to make a complaint you are free to email our complaints team on ccm@eircom.ie

Grainne

Thanks for the reply Grainne. It sounds like you are being ignored by the "business" and "technical" teams in the same way as I am! I appreciate that you are doing your best. Can you please keep the pressure on them to provide some sort of response.

The fact that they have not replied to either you or me seems to indicate that they realise there is a problem but are either unwilling or unable to fix it. Either way the lack of information on the issue and any attempts to fix it is unacceptable.

Members of the "Business Team" do not appear to have any real power to fix the issue. Grainne, would there be any way you could provide me with contact details of a senior technical person who could deal with this directly?

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Any more updates on the note 3 ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

There is a problem on the eMobile website. You are unable to purchase the 24 EUR SIM only 4G plan.
    I pointed this out last week to a chat agent and it is still not fixed.

To replicate the issue:

Navigate to http://www.emobile.ie/4G-info/
    Click on 4G plans
    Select "eMobile Unlimited + data €24/month"
    Select "1 month SIM only"
    Click "Buy Now"
    [Do you want a new phone] - Select "NO" (it's a SIM only plan) (select other required options)
    Select "Choose SIM Only"

ERROR message

"We're sorry but you have selected a bill pay plan (eMobile Unlimited+ data (1 month SIM only)), and therefore you must choose a phone."

Even if you choose "YES" to a new phone, the next page informs you there are no phones available.

Come on eMobile, when will this be fixed?

This has been replicated on multiple browsers, PCs and internet connections. It is definitely a website bug.

Hi Drift,

Grainne

Thanks for the reply Grainne. It sounds like you are being ignored by the "business" and "technical" teams in the same way as I am! I appreciate that you are doing your best. Can you please keep the pressure on them to provide some sort of response.

The fact that they have not replied to either you or me seems to indicate that they realise there is a problem but are either unwilling or unable to fix it. Either way the lack of information on the issue and any attempts to fix it is unacceptable.

Members of the "Business Team" do not appear to have any real power to fix the issue. Grainne, would there be any way you could provide me with contact details of a senior technical person who could deal with this directly?

Thanks.
    Hi Drift,

I totally agree with you and I sincerely apologise that you have not received any updates.

Have you attempted to contact our business team by calling or by sending an email? There email address is business.careteam@emobile.ie

If you send an email detailing everything to this address I can assure you they will get back to you.

Grainne

Any more updates on the note 3 ?
    Hi samapple789, 

This phone will be available to buy either by the end of this week or early next week.

If you monitor the website it will be updated there.

Grainne

There is a problem on the eMobile website. You are unable to purchase the 24 EUR SIM only 4G plan.
    I pointed this out last week to a chat agent and it is still not fixed.

To replicate the issue:

Navigate to http://www.emobile.ie/4G-info/
    Click on 4G plans
    Select "eMobile Unlimited + data €24/month"
    Select "1 month SIM only"
    Click "Buy Now"
    [Do you want a new phone] - Select "NO" (it's a SIM only plan) (select other required options)
    Select "Choose SIM Only"

ERROR message

"We're sorry but you have selected a bill pay plan (eMobile Unlimited+ data (1 month SIM only)), and therefore you must choose a phone."

Even if you choose "YES" to a new phone, the next page informs you there are no phones available.

Come on eMobile, when will this be fixed?

This has been replicated on multiple browsers, PCs and internet connections. It is definitely a website bug.
    Hi Aron Stale Clipboard,

I have escalated this onto the manager of our website.

I sincerely apologise this was not resolved when you advised of it previously.

Grainne

Hi Drift,

I totally agree with you and I sincerely apologise that you have not received any updates.

Have you attempted to contact our business team by calling or by sending an email? There email address is business.careteam@emobile.ie

If you send an email detailing everything to this address I can assure you they will get back to you.

Grainne
    I have called them on 5 separate occasions. Each time they tell me that the "technical" team are dealing with the issue and each time they promise to ring me back when they have news but they have only done this once and the person who rang back just told me the same as the previous person: that the "technical" team are dealing with it.

I have spoken to 6 different members of the "business" team at this stage and they have been extremely polite and understanding but totally useless at the same time. It appears all they can do is send an email on my behalf to the "technical" team, who are not contactable directly and it seems are ignoring my problem.

• Advertisement

TheTorment wrote: »
    Hi Grainne

I am still awaiting your reply to my PM requesting my contract please.

Please advise on how long you plan on leaving me waiting.
    Hi TheTorment,

My apologies I will get back to your PM now.

Gráinne
    Grainne

Any news on my contract please?

Also can you please investigate why Dermot Walsh of eMobile Customer Care Operations in Marlbourough St Dublin has not responded to my letter posted on the 20th September?

Hi Drift,

Grainne
    I have called them on 5 separate occasions. Each time they tell me that the "technical" team are dealing with the issue and each time they promise to ring me back when they have news but they have only done this once and the person who rang back just told me the same as the previous person: that the "technical" team are dealing with it.

I have spoken to 6 different members of the "business" team at this stage and they have been extremely polite and understanding but totally useless at the same time. It appears all they can do is send an email on my behalf to the "technical" team, who are not contactable directly and it seems are ignoring my problem.
    Hi Drift,

I can assure you our technical team are not ignoring your problems. The agents have been contacting our technical team on a daily basis to check what exactly the issue is. Have you sent an email to the above email address?

Grainne

Hi Grainne

Hi TheTorment,

Gráinne
    Grainne

Also can you please investigate why Dermot Walsh of eMobile Customer Care Operations in Marlbourough St Dublin has not responded to my letter posted on the 20th September?
    Hi TheTorment,

I have requested a copy of your contract from the relevant team. As soon as this is available it will be posted to your address.

I will contact Dermot and will check if he has received your letter.

Grainne

I can assure you our technical team are not ignoring your problems. The agents have been contacting our technical team on a daily basis to check what exactly the issue is. Have you sent an email to the above email address?

Grainne
    Hi Grainne,

I have an update of sorts! I got an email from "Customer Care Operations" this morning detailing what has been done to date and what emobile are now proposing to do. I think the only reason I got the email is because I contacted Comreg.

The email did not explain why the problem is only being investigated now but at least something is being done now!

The man promised to email back with further details following his investigations. As you can imagine, based on my experience to date, I'm a little skeptical about the promised future email.

As you are by far and away the most helpful person I have contact with at emobile I am going to forward a copy of the email to you by pm and ask if you can follow it up regularly on my behalf. I hope this is ok?

Grainne
    Hi Grainne,

I have an update of sorts! I got an email from "Customer Care Operations" this morning detailing what has been done to date and what emobile are now proposing to do. I think the only reason I got the email is because I contacted Comreg.

The email did not explain why the problem is only being investigated now but at least something is being done now!

The man promised to email back with further details following his investigations. As you can imagine, based on my experience to date, I'm a little skeptical about the promised future email.

As you are by far and away the most helpful person I have contact with at emobile I am going to forward a copy of the email to you by pm and ask if you can follow it up regularly on my behalf. I hope this is ok?
    Hi Drift,

I have received your PM and the email you received is from an agent in our complaints team. I can assure you that this agent will keep you updated on everything to do with your account.

I will check for updates on your case and I will update you here.

Grainne

Hi Drift,

I have received your PM and the email you received is from an agent in our complaints team. I can assure you that this agent will keep you updated on everything to do with your account.

Grainne

Hi Grainne,

I have heard nothing at all from emobile since.

This morning I got a text from Comreg saying that emobile had informed them that the case was solved. The case has not been solved and I think it is very inappropriate that emobile tell Comreg that it has.

Can you please update me on the status of my problem and the efforts to fix it and if possible can you determine why emobile informed Comreg that it had been solved when it hasn't?

Hi Grainne

Hi TheTorment,

Gráinne
    Grainne

Hi TheTorment,

I have requested a copy of your contract from the relevant team. As soon as this is available it will be posted to your address.

Grainne
    Hi Grainne

Any updates on this?

Did Dermot acknowledge receipt of my letter?

Hi Drift,

Grainne

Hi Grainne,

I have heard nothing at all from emobile since.

This morning I got a text from Comreg saying that emobile had informed them that the case was solved. The case has not been solved and I think it is very inappropriate that emobile tell Comreg that it has.

Can you please update me on the status of my problem and the efforts to fix it and if possible can you determine why emobile informed Comreg that it had been solved when it hasn't?
    Hi Drift,

I can see from your account that this is definitely still under investigation. I have escalated this to the agent that is currently investigating this for you.

As soon as he gets back to me I will advise.

Grainne

Hi Grainne

Hi TheTorment,

Gráinne
    Grainne

Hi TheTorment,

Grainne
    Hi Grainne

Any updates on this?

Did Dermot acknowledge receipt of my letter?
    Hi TheTorment,

I was advised that the copy of your contract was posted to your postal address last week. Did you not receive this?

In regard to the letter Dermot has advised me that he did not receive it. What address did you send the letter to? Was the letter registered?

Grainne

Hi Grainne

I didnt receive the contract. Please confirm that it has been sent.

As regards the letter, Grainne I find this very difficult to believe. I sent the letter to the address printed on the letter I received from him, underneath Dermot's name. Yes the letter was sent by registered post. An Post have confirmed that the letter was delivered and I have the name of the person who actually signed for it.

Now a fortnight has passed since its delivery and Ive yet to receive a response. Not only that but the addressee is denying receiving it?????

Do you think that this is good customer service practice?

• Advertisement

Hi Grainne

As regards the letter, Grainne I find this very difficult to believe. I sent the letter to the address printed on the letter I received from him, underneath Dermot's name. Yes the letter was sent by registered post. An Post have confirmed that the letter was delivered and I have the name of the person who actually signed for it.

Now a fortnight has passed since its delivery and Ive yet to receive a response. Not only that but the addressee is denying receiving it?????

Hi,

I was advised that this was posted to you on Friday last. I will get this verified again.

Could you PM me the name of the agent that signed for the letter and I will get this investigated for you.

Grainne

Hi,
    My Dad has been left very upset by the way in which a member of the eMobile team spoke to him yesterday evening following a very simple request to unblock his old phone as he has recently upgraded. I'm quite appalled by the conduct of this person, luckily a much friendlier and more helpful member of the team has since resolved the initial query, however he would like to submit a formal complaint about the member of staff in question.

Can you please advise how best to proceed with this complaint?

Thank you

Hi Grainne

Hi,

I was advised that this was posted to you on Friday last. I will get this verified again.

Could you PM me the name of the agent that signed for the letter and I will get this investigated for you.

Grainne
    Hi Grainne

The contract arrived today but it seems to be missing the T&C part of it...ie the part I was interested in. Is there anywhere where I can find this please?

I am PMing you now about the details of the registered letter.

Hi Grainne

Hi,

Grainne
    Hi Grainne

The contract arrived today but it seems to be missing the T&C part of it...ie the part I was interested in. Is there anywhere where I can find this please?

Glad to hear you received your contract. The terms and conditions of all of our plans can be found on our website.

I will investigate the letter that you sent and will update in PM's.

Grainne

I would appreciate a response to my previous post please.
    Thank you.

Hi,
    My Dad has been left very upset by the way in which a member of the eMobile team spoke to him yesterday evening following a very simple request to unblock his old phone as he has recently upgraded. I'm quite appalled by the conduct of this person, luckily a much friendlier and more helpful member of the team has since resolved the initial query, however he would like to submit a formal complaint about the member of staff in question.

Can you please advise how best to proceed with this complaint?

Thank you
    Hi whoopsadaisydoodles,

I sincerely apologise that your initial post was not responded to. If your dad wishes to make a complaint he can email it to ccm@eircom.ie and an agent in our complaints team will contact him.

Grainne

I can see from your account that this is definitely still under investigation. I have escalated this to the agent that is currently investigating this for you.

As soon as he gets back to me I will advise.

Grainne
    Hi Grainne,

Another week has passed and still no-one has contacted me and the problem is still unsolved!

I'd appreciate if you can check my account and respond to this message detailing exactly what attempts were made to solve the issue in the past 7 days. At this stage saying it is "still under investigation" is not enough. I need to be informed of each attempt that was made to solve the issue because I have a strong suspiscion that nothing is happening at all. If something is happening I would like to see it listed here.

Thanks,
    Drift

Hi Grainne

Hi,

Grainne
    Hi Grainne

Glad to hear you received your contract. The terms and conditions of all of our plans can be found on our website.

I will investigate the letter that you sent and will update in PM's.

Grainne
    Grainne

This is turning ridiculous. That letter was received 3 weeks ago today and Ive heard nothing since.

You informed me that you would update me after you investigated the matter.
    Take some pride in your work Grainne and show me and everyone on here that reads this thread that Eircom agents and Eircom themselves actually care about their customers.
    You know who this Dermot guy is. Pick up the phone and ring him and ask him to reply to my letter please.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

I am just off the phone after a laughable phone call. I have had an ongoing problem receiving texts from certain numbers for over a year. I got a new handset last week and the problem is still the same. I have tried new sims, the sim in a different phone, everything that has been suggested by emobile. I rang this morning and a lady told me that other people in my county have rang this morning and reported this problem. 

I have mailed the Facebook page and of course, got no reply. 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭loopymum

Hi Grainne, I just sent you a pm with my mobile number asking when my contract expires?

Also I'm on the unlimited everything €34.50 a  month and would like to know what my upgrade options are?
    I think I saw further back on this thread that phones will be the price on the select 500 plan?  Is that correct?

Advertisement