Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Welcome to the eMobile thread, on Boards to answer your queries

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭CyaL8r

Sent a pm to Tony re: my contract ending and looking to change package.
    Can u please respond.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Canon44

Canon44 wrote: »
    Hello Anybody
    3 DAYS No response, out of contract and would like to move to pay as you go and find out how to go about it. I would like to stay with eMobile but after this I'am moving, and if I get offer of a better contract I'am seriously going to consider it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Hi guys - any idea of how long it takes to port over to eMobile from 3 - was in store at 5pm last night signing up.

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭feelpablo

Hi,
    I just wanted to pop along here and say how much I really appreciated getting a text from emobile to tell me I had nearly used up all my internet allowance.

I was so glad to be informed of that at 12:30 am when I was fast asleep.....

Way to go emobile....thats a fantastic time to contact a customer

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭feelpablo

Hi,
    I just wanted to pop along here and say how much I really appreciated getting a text from emobile to tell me I had nearly used up all my internet allowance.

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 690 ✭✭✭eMobile: Grainne

how do you get a pin 2 for fixed dialling FDN?

SIM only has pin 1 supplied

thanks
    Hi tomdempsey200,

If you PM me your mobile number and your PIN I can advise of your PIN 2.

Grainne
    statto25 wrote: »
    Cheers Tony,

Will I still need to give the 30 days notice?

Thanks
    Hi statto25,

Yes you would still be required to give 30 days notice.

Grainne
    My Contract is up and I want to move to pay as you go
    How do you go about this.
    Thank You
    Hi Cannon44,

You will need to call our customer care team on 1800690000 and ask to be transferred to our cancellation team. You are required to give 30 days notice to cancel your account.

Grainne
    Hi,
    I hope this is the right forum to ask, if not please feel free to move it to the correct one and let me know where it is so I can find it.

I have a quick query for eMobile.
    I've been with you for the last few years and have a Blackberry 9900 on bill pay. My contract is up and I was thinking of upgrading to the BBZ10 but I was just wondering do you still have to buy the Blackberry 'Internet Add On' service to use with this phone?
    Thanks
    Hi billy few mates,

I have been advised that if you purchase the BBZ10 you would have to purchase the blackberry add - on.

Grainne
    Evening, 

Any 16GB iPhone 5S in stock. I am due an upgrade on Friday :D

Thanks
    Hi prettyboy81,

At the moment this phone is out of stock. If you monitor our website it will be updated there once available.

Grainne
    CyaL8r wrote: »
    Sent a pm to Tony re: my contract ending and looking to change package.  
    Can u please respond.
    Thanks
    Hi CyaL8r,

I will chase this up with Tony and get you a response.

Grainne
    3 DAYS No response, out of contract and would like to move to pay as you go and find out how to go about it. I would like to stay with eMobile but after this I'am moving, and if I get offer of a better contract I'am seriously going to consider it.
    Hi Canon44,

I have just responded to your above post. My apologies for the late response.

Grainne
    Al Capwned wrote: »
    Hi guys - any idea of how long it takes to port over to eMobile from 3 - was in store at 5pm last night signing up.
    Hi Al Capwned,

It can take upto 24 hours for a port to go through. Has your number transfered to eMobile?

Grainne
    feelpablo wrote: »
    Hi,

Hi feelpablo,

The reason that text message was sent is because your phone was attempting to connect to the internet when you did not have credit.

Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Hi Al Capwned,

It can take upto 24 hours for a port to go through. Has your number transfered to eMobile?

Grainne
    Yeah, went through there about an hour ago, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

Hi billy few mates,

I have been advised that if you purchase the BBZ10 you would have to purchase the blackberry add - on.

Grainne

That's funny, while I was waiting for someone to answer my question on here I contacted an upgrade adviser on the phone and she assured me "100%"  that I don't have to purchase the Blackberry add-on as this phone uses a different technology to access the internet/e-mails etc and so "does not require the BIS add-on". She quoted me a monthly price for the contract I was interested in and assured me that that was all I would have to pay.
    Who should I believe....?

TheTorment wrote: »
    It is now 2 months since my letter was sent.

Can someone please find out what is going on?

This is beyond disgraceful behaviour at this stage.

Can one of the other reps please deal with this as its obviously above Grainne's capabilities?
    Is this just being ignored?

Is that Eircom's policy?
    Feckin joke of a customer service.
    Can someone please deal with this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭Paulie Gualtieri

Have tried twice to port forward my number from o2 to emobile ... Bought an emobile phone was gonna get the phone unlocked but saw the port forwarding option online and gave it a go .. The first time I waited 4 days and nothing has changed . I tried again and its been 24 hours and still the number hasn't changed. So getting a bit sick of it at this stage. Can you help or am I as well to get the phone unlocked ?

• Advertisement

Hi Al Capwned,

Grainne
    Yeah, went through there about an hour ago, thanks.
    Glad to hear that Al Capwned,

Let us know here if we can assist you in the future.

Grainne

Hi billy few mates,

Grainne

That's funny, while I was waiting for someone to answer my question on here I contacted an upgrade adviser on the phone and she assured me "100%"  that I don't have to purchase the Blackberry add-on as this phone uses a different technology to access the internet/e-mails etc and so "does not require the BIS add-on". She quoted me a monthly price for the contract I was interested in and assured me that that was all I would have to pay.
    Who should I believe....?
    Hi billy few mates,

I have double checked this with the manager in our technical and they have confirmed that in order to use blackberry services on all blackberry handsets you need to have the blackberry add - on.

Grainne

Have tried twice to port forward my number from o2 to emobile ... Bought an emobile phone was gonna get the phone unlocked but saw the port forwarding option online and gave it a go .. The first time I waited 4 days and nothing has changed . I tried again and its been 24 hours and still the number hasn't changed. So getting a bit sick of it at this stage. Can you help or am I as well to get the phone unlocked ?
    Hi Paulie,

Could you PM me your eMobile mobile number and PIN and the number that you wish to port I will check what the delay is.

Grainne

Can one of the other reps please deal with this as its obviously above Grainne's capabilities?

Is that Eircom's policy?
    I see whats going on here. Emobile are choosing to just ignore the fact that I sent a registered letter addressed to an individual within the company, which they have lost and failed to respond to. 

When I try to get the matter seen to it is again ignored. When I kick up a fuss because Im annoyed that this is going on 2 months I am ignored. 

Im someway satisfied that because this is a public forum the outrageous calamity which is Emobile customer care is here for all to see.

Pat on the back guys. Well done. Keep up the good work.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭statto25

Cheers Tony,

Thanks
    Hi statto25,

Grainne
    Thanks Grainne,

If I was to give my notice today and port inside the 30 days, what sort of penalty am I looking at?

PM me if needed

Thanks

Statto25

Cheers Tony,

Thanks
    Hi statto25,

Grainne
    Thanks Grainne,

If I was to give my notice today and port inside the 30 days, what sort of penalty am I looking at?

PM me if needed

Thanks

Statto25
    No problem statto25,

If you PM me your mobile number and PIN I can advise how much charges you will incur.

Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭statto25

Cheers Tony,

Thanks
    Hi statto25,

Grainne
    Thanks Grainne,

PM me if needed

Thanks

Statto25
    No problem statto25,

If you PM me your mobile number and PIN I can advise how much charges you will incur.

Grainne
    PM Sent Grainne,

Thanks

Cheers Tony,

Thanks
    Hi statto25,

Grainne
    Thanks Grainne,

PM me if needed

Thanks

Statto25
    No problem statto25,

Grainne
    PM Sent Grainne,

Thanks
    Thanks statto25,

I will get back to your PM shortly.

Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭loopymum

I cannot believe the crappy customer service I am getting from Emobile, I pm'd Grainne about this last month and she never responded.

Hi Grainne, it's me again, I am so disappointed with Emobile at the moment.

This is the pm I sent Grainne
    After hearing back from you last week that it is Emobile Select 500 pricing, at the first opportunity I had I went and looked at handsets in Douglas, Cork. bear in mind that my nearest store is 1.5hrs away. 
    The phone I was most interested in was the Galaxy Note 3 and I planned to purchase it.
    That was on the 29th October. I had checked online and the price was €309 online and the store said they would be the same.

I didn't buy that day as I wanted to think about it for a little while and I didn't have enough money on me.
    I looked later in the week and the handset was out of stock online.

I am going to Killarney in a couple of days so rang the store there and they said the handset is now €400 on that plan!
    I did expect it to be €319 but certainly not to have jumped to €400, the man Ed said that the phones went up on the 1st November.

I am so disappointed and it really feels like it's to catch people who are about to upgrade on the €34.50 plan.

Is there anything you can do for me?

Regards

I still didn't get a call back from emobile and couldn't get through to Sales.  Last Wednesday I got through to Natasha in sales who told me she would call me on Friday and she should know in advance if the price of the phones were going to go down in December but that the HTC one was €219 and the Note 3 is €389.  No call on Friday from Natasha so I rang the direct number she gave me but of course I didn't get her I got someone called Chris who told me the price had now gone up to €569 and the HTC one was now €399, unbelievable.
    He told me there was nothing he could do for me.

I am sorely disappointed and upset of their treatment of me as a customer.  Qouted a price twice now and not informed it was going to go up without notice.  He also refused to put me through to a supervisor or manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

eMobile Team,

How many eMobile bill pay accounts can be on the same Eircom Account? i.e. can father & son who live in the same household both avail of the eircom mobile phone offers from the one account number?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭jossul1179

Hi billy few mates,

I have double checked this with the manager in our technical and they have confirmed that in order to use blackberry services on all blackberry handsets you need to have the blackberry add - on.

Grainne
    Hi Grainne,

Your technical manager is wrong.  Blackberry phone OS 7.1 and lower require Blackberry Internet Service (BIS) for all there data.  Since the release of the Z10 and BlackBerr OS 10, BlackBerry phones do not require this.  Any data plan will work! I have a Z10 and am not on a BlackBerry plan, and everything works!

Mike

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

Your technical manager is wrong.

A bit worrying that....!

I spoke with another member of the Loyalty Team today and went through the details of my new contract and he also confirmed that I did not require the BIS, I asked him to send me an e-mail to confirm this but he was unable to do so but he confirmed that the information he'd given me was on the computer system in front of him and quite clearly stated the details and monthly payments of my new contract and confirmed in no uncertain terms that I neither required or would be charged for a BIS if I got a BB Z10.
    Like emobile, I recorded the details of this conversation for 'training and quality purposes' and on the basis of the details provided to me I'm happy to upgrade to the BB Z10 with you Grainne.....

loopymum wrote: »
    I cannot believe the crappy customer service I am getting from Emobile, I pm'd Grainne about this last month and she never responded.

Hi Grainne, it's me again, I am so disappointed with Emobile at the moment.

This is the pm I sent Grainne
    After hearing back from you last week that it is Emobile Select 500 pricing, at the first opportunity I had I went and looked at handsets in Douglas, Cork. bear in mind that my nearest store is 1.5hrs away. 
    The phone I was most interested in was the Galaxy Note 3 and I planned to purchase it.
    That was on the 29th October. I had checked online and the price was €309 online and the store said they would be the same.

I didn't buy that day as I wanted to think about it for a little while and I didn't have enough money on me.
    I looked later in the week and the handset was out of stock online.

I am going to Killarney in a couple of days so rang the store there and they said the handset is now €400 on that plan!
    I did expect it to be €319 but certainly not to have jumped to €400, the man Ed said that the phones went up on the 1st November.

I am so disappointed and it really feels like it's to catch people who are about to upgrade on the €34.50 plan.

Is there anything you can do for me?

Regards

I still didn't get a call back from emobile and couldn't get through to Sales.  Last Wednesday I got through to Natasha in sales who told me she would call me on Friday and she should know in advance if the price of the phones were going to go down in December but that the HTC one was €219 and the Note 3 is €389.  No call on Friday from Natasha so I rang the direct number she gave me but of course I didn't get her I got someone called Chris who told me the price had now gone up to €569 and the HTC one was now €399, unbelievable.
    He told me there was nothing he could do for me.

I am sorely disappointed and upset of their treatment of me as a customer.  Qouted a price twice now and not informed it was going to go up without notice.  He also refused to put me through to a supervisor or manager.
    Hi loopymum,

My apologies your PM was not responded to. I have just sent you a PM in regard to this.

Grainne

eMobile Team,

How many eMobile bill pay accounts can be on the same Eircom Account? i.e. can father & son who live in the same household both avail of the eircom mobile phone offers from the one account number?

Thanks
    Hi prettyboy81,

You can sign up to 5 different numbers with this offer. All of the numbers have to be at the eircom address.

Grainne

jossul1179 wrote: »
    Hi billy few mates,

Grainne
    Hi Grainne,

Your technical manager is wrong.  Blackberry phone OS 7.1 and lower require Blackberry Internet Service (BIS) for all there data.  Since the release of the Z10 and BlackBerr OS 10, BlackBerry phones do not require this.  Any data plan will work! I have a Z10 and am not on a BlackBerry plan, and everything works!

Mike
    Hi jossul1179,

I will get this verified by a senior agent in our phones team. I will advise you here once I get confirmation.

Grainne

Your technical manager is wrong.

A bit worrying that....!

I spoke with another member of the Loyalty Team today and went through the details of my new contract and he also confirmed that I did not require the BIS, I asked him to send me an e-mail to confirm this but he was unable to do so but he confirmed that the information he'd given me was on the computer system in front of him and quite clearly stated the details and monthly payments of my new contract and confirmed in no uncertain terms that I neither required or would be charged for a BIS if I got a BB Z10.
    Like emobile, I recorded the details of this conversation for 'training and quality purposes' and on the basis of the details provided to me I'm happy to upgrade to the BB Z10 with you Grainne.....
    Hi billy few mates,

I will get this verified again by my colleagues in the phones department. As soon as the agent gets back to me I will advise.

Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭marquise

Hi

My mother is trying to upgrade to an iphone 5s. Her contract is up on the 19th December. She went in store about three weeks ago and they approved the early upgrade but didn't have the iphone 5s in stock. It's now back in stock so she tried to upgrade over the phone (as she can't get to a store) But customer services are now telling her she cannot upgrade until after the 19th, despite the fact that she was approved three weeks ago!

Can someone look into this please

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Retro Police

Grainne, I have sent you a PM.

Is that Eircom's policy?
    I see whats going on here. Emobile are choosing to just ignore the fact that I sent a registered letter addressed to an individual within the company, which they have lost and failed to respond to. 

When I try to get the matter seen to it is again ignored. When I kick up a fuss because Im annoyed that this is going on 2 months I am ignored. 

Im someway satisfied that because this is a public forum the outrageous calamity which is Emobile customer care is here for all to see.

Still waiting.....

• Advertisement

Is that Eircom's policy?

Still waiting.....

Advertisement