Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Welcome to the eMobile thread, on Boards to answer your queries

Options

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 690 ✭✭✭eMobile: Grainne

marquise wrote: »
    Hi

My mother is trying to upgrade to an iphone 5s. Her contract is up on the 19th December. She went in store about three weeks ago and they approved the early upgrade but didn't have the iphone 5s in stock. It's now back in stock so she tried to upgrade over the phone (as she can't get to a store) But customer services are now telling her she cannot upgrade until after the 19th, despite the fact that she was approved three weeks ago!

Can someone look into this please
    Hi marquise,

Sorry to hear your mother was given mixed information. Could you PM me her mobile number and PIN provided you have access to the account and I will look into this for you.

Grainne

Grainne, I have sent you a PM.
    Thanks Retro Police,

I have responded to your PM.

Grainne

Grainne, I have sent you a PM.
    Thanks Retro Police,

Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭problemchimp

Hi Grainne.
    I recently considered switching over to e-mobile but was told on the phone that I couldn't avail of any discounts as my landline is with Vodafone. I'm wondering can you do anything for me as I have eircom phonewatch with monitoring for about 16 years now.
    I hope my loyalty (for now) can stand to me.
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭marquise

Hi

My mother is trying to upgrade to an iphone 5s. Her contract is up on the 19th December. She went in store about three weeks ago and they approved the early upgrade but didn't have the iphone 5s in stock. It's now back in stock so she tried to upgrade over the phone (as she can't get to a store) But customer services are now telling her she cannot upgrade until after the 19th, despite the fact that she was approved three weeks ago!

Hi marquise,

Sorry to hear your mother was given mixed information. Could you PM me her mobile number and PIN provided you have access to the account and I will look into this for you.

Grainne
    Grainne, I do have her details - will PM you now.

• Advertisement

Hi Grainne.
    I recently considered switching over to e-mobile but was told on the phone that I couldn't avail of any discounts as my landline is with Vodafone. I'm wondering can you do anything for me as I have eircom phonewatch with monitoring for about 16 years now.
    Thanks.
    Hi problemchimp,

In order to receive any eircom discounts you would have to have an eircom account number and landline number. Unfortunately if you do not meet this criteria it would not be possible for you to avail of any discounts.

Grainne

Hi

Hi marquise,

Grainne
    Grainne, I do have her details - will PM you now.
    Thanks marquise,

I will look into this query once I receive those details.

Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭problemchimp

Hi Grainne.
    Thanks.
    Hi problemchimp,

In order to receive any eircom discounts you would have to have an eircom account number and landline number. Unfortunately if you do not meet this criteria it would not be possible for you to avail of any discounts.

Grainne
    So much for 16 years loyalty, my next query will be "who else can monitor my alarm system besides eircom phonewatch". I don't think I'll be making enquirees on This forum.

Hi Grainne.
    Thanks.
    Hi problemchimp,

Grainne
    So much for 16 years loyalty, my next query will be "who else can monitor my alarm system besides eircom phonewatch". I don't think I'll be making enquirees on This forum.
    My apologies for that problemchimp,

Unfortunately the only way to receive the discount is to have an eircom landline account.

Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Bp!

Hi

So last month I call up about my upgrade and I was told it would cost 240 for the HTC on 10th of December, I ring up today just to confirm and I'm told "Sorry the price went up its now 399"

What kind of increase is that, €160 on top , and I was told in November I would be charged 240

Brilliant thanks emobile, tell your customer one price, save up the money and then 75% increase on the phone

Happy Christmas

• Advertisement

Bp! wrote: »
    Hi

So last month I call up about my upgrade and I was told it would cost 240 for the HTC on 10th of December, I ring up today just to confirm and I'm told "Sorry the price went up its now 399"

What kind of increase is that, €160 on top , and I was told in November I would be charged 240

Brilliant thanks emobile, tell your customer one price, save up the money and then 75% increase on the phone

Happy Christmas
    Hi Bp!,

The prices of phones are subject to change from month to month based on certain factors.

Grainne

TheTorment wrote: »
    It is now 2 months since my letter was sent.

Can someone please find out what is going on?

This is beyond disgraceful behaviour at this stage.

Can one of the other reps please deal with this as its obviously above Grainne's capabilities?
    Is this just being ignored?

Is that Eircom's policy?
    Feckin joke of a customer service.
    Can someone please deal with this?
    I see whats going on here. Emobile are choosing to just ignore the fact that I sent a registered letter addressed to an individual within the company, which they have lost and failed to respond to. 

When I try to get the matter seen to it is again ignored. When I kick up a fuss because Im annoyed that this is going on 2 months I am ignored. 

Im someway satisfied that because this is a public forum the outrageous calamity which is Emobile customer care is here for all to see.

Pat on the back guys. Well done. Keep up the good work.
    Still waiting.....
    and waiting..........

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Bp!

Hi Bp!,

We like to kick our good customers in the nuts from month to month based on certain factors. And make their upgrades close to pointless

Grainne

FYP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Hi Grainne - is it possible to add conference call feature to an eMobile account?
    My phone (S3) has the option to merge two calls but it fails and I see it's a feature that has to be authorised by the network...

J o e wrote: »
    Hi Grainne - is it possible to add conference call feature to an eMobile account?
    My phone (S3) has the option to merge two calls but it fails and I see it's a feature that has to be authorised by the network...
    Hi J o e,

Conferencing calling is automatically set up on all handsets.

Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Just wondering if I was to buy a billphone with e-mobile. Would I be able to use Meteor sim cards in them too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

J o e wrote: »
    Hi J o e,

Conferencing calling is automatically set up on all handsets.

Grainne

7H57HN.png

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Condatis

My wife is on the 20/30 Pre-pay plan. When the monthly renewal is due she gets the usual text to notify her of this.

There will be a further text to notify her that her bank account has been debited with €20 which has been credited to E-Mobile.

However she can not avail of the plan until the payment is "activated". However, the activation process, typically, will not take place until about 24 hours has passed.

If she makes any calls before activation portion of the €20 is used which means that activation can not take place because there is no longer €20 in the account.

Several calls to Customer Service say that activation will take place within about 15 minutes. This NEVER happens.

Therefore to enable activation she must not make calls for 24 hours - which is a nonsense. Alternatively  she can put in an additional cash sum in order to make calls which negates the principle of the 20/30 Plan.

Can one of the other reps please deal with this as its obviously above Grainne's capabilities?

Is that Eircom's policy?
    I see whats going on here. Emobile are choosing to just ignore the fact that I sent a registered letter addressed to an individual within the company, which they have lost and failed to respond to. 

When I try to get the matter seen to it is again ignored. When I kick up a fuss because Im annoyed that this is going on 2 months I am ignored. 

Im someway satisfied that because this is a public forum the outrageous calamity which is Emobile customer care is here for all to see.

Still waiting.....
    and waiting..........
    Can somebody please deal with this instead of just ignoring it?

DaLad wrote: »
    Just wondering if I was to buy a billphone with e-mobile. Would I be able to use Meteor sim cards in them too?
    Hi DaLad,

You would need to unlock the phone first before inserting another network SIM into the phone.

Grainne

• Advertisement

Condatis wrote: »
    My wife is on the 20/30 Pre-pay plan. When the monthly renewal is due she gets the usual text to notify her of this.

There will be a further text to notify her that her bank account has been debited with €20 which has been credited to E-Mobile.

However she can not avail of the plan until the payment is "activated". However, the activation process, typically, will not take place until about 24 hours has passed.

If she makes any calls before activation portion of the €20 is used which means that activation can not take place because there is no longer €20 in the account.

Several calls to Customer Service say that activation will take place within about 15 minutes. This NEVER happens.

Therefore to enable activation she must not make calls for 24 hours - which is a nonsense. Alternatively  she can put in an additional cash sum in order to make calls which negates the principle of the 20/30 Plan.
    Hi Condatis,

I understand that the length of time is excessive but unfortunately it can take upto 24 hours for a plan to activate. What I would advise is to schedule the top up to the day before the plan is due to activate and the plan generally activates quicker than topping up on the day the plan ends.

Grainne

Is that Eircom's policy?

Still waiting.....
    and waiting..........
    Hi TheTorment,

I sincerely apologise your post was not responded to. This was a mistake on my part I did not see it.

I have escalated this numerous times to both our complaints team and also to our administration team.

Grainne

Is that Eircom's policy?

Still waiting.....
    and waiting..........
    Hi TheTorment,

I sincerely apologise your post was not responded to. This was a mistake on my part I did not see it.

I have escalated this numerous times to both our complaints team and also to our administration team.

Grainne
    At last!!

Thanks Grainne.

I think 3 months is long enough to wait for a response....dont you?

Please keep progress updated.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Bill wrong.

Hiya Grainne,

Long time no write!  Well, got a bill for the wifes phone this morning and its wrong. 
    I put her on the 30 day - sim only - half price for life and everything was fine for months and months and then this months bill seems to have lost the half price bit.

Sending you a pm with the relevant details.

Thanks

superscouse

Bill wrong.

Hiya Grainne,

Long time no write!  Well, got a bill for the wifes phone this morning and its wrong. 
    I put her on the 30 day - sim only - half price for life and everything was fine for months and months and then this months bill seems to have lost the half price bit.

Sending you a pm with the relevant details.

Thanks

superscouse
    Hi superscouse,

Grainne

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Hello Reps,

Can you please confirm whether eMobile log or keep any record of calls to freephone numbers - 1800, 00800, 19XX etc.?

Regards, PM

Hello Reps,

Can you please confirm whether eMobile log or keep any record of calls to freephone numbers - 1800, 00800, 19XX etc.?

Regards, PM
    Hi Aron Stale Clipboard,

Yes eMobile do keep records. You can view them on your My eMobile account.

Grainne

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Hello Reps,

Regards, PM
    Hi Aron Stale Clipboard,

Grainne
    Hi Grainne,

These calls are not itemized on my bill (all other calls are itemised). I contacted support and apparently they are unable to see these calls either.

Can you please double check and confirm whether eMobile record details for calls made to Freephone numbers? Where can I find these details?

Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭sumo12

Hi Guys
    I'm on an eMobile business plan. Can I view my account usage on My eMobile online? I don't seem to be able to access it....

Thanks

• Advertisement

Hello Reps,

Regards, PM
    Hi Aron Stale Clipboard,

Grainne
    Hi Grainne,

These calls are not itemized on my bill (all other calls are itemised). I contacted support and apparently they are unable to see these calls either.

Can you please double check and confirm whether eMobile record details for calls made to Freephone numbers? Where can I find these details?

Regards
    Hi Aron Stale Clipboard,

If you wish to retrieve this information I can request for a usage report showing all calls that you made. I can send you this information for the last 3 months or alternatively if you want it for longer you will have to send a written request.

Grainne

Advertisement