Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Welcome to the eMobile thread, on Boards to answer your queries

Options

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 690 ✭✭✭eMobile: Grainne

sumo12 wrote: »
    Hi Guys
    I'm on an eMobile business plan. Can I view my account usage on My eMobile online? I don't seem to be able to access it....

Thanks
    Hi sumo12,

If there is more than one number on the account only the account holders number will be able view this information.

Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 977 ✭✭✭suave.4u

Hi guys,

Two quick questions.

1)  I have an emobile postpaid connection and the contract has ended. When i enquired with the tech support, they told me that the cost of the new phone is the same as the one advertised online.
    Is there any benefit if an existing customer takes a new phone (is there no loyalty bonus??).
    2)
    If I take a new prepaid connection, will I be getting free web texts? is there a minimu balance I should have?

regards,

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Condatis

Condatis wrote: »
    My wife is on the 20/30 Pre-pay plan. When the monthly renewal is due she gets the usual text to notify her of this.

There will be a further text to notify her that her bank account has been debited with €20 which has been credited to E-Mobile.

However she can not avail of the plan until the payment is "activated". However, the activation process, typically, will not take place until about 24 hours has passed.

If she makes any calls before activation portion of the €20 is used which means that activation can not take place because there is no longer €20 in the account.

Several calls to Customer Service say that activation will take place within about 15 minutes. This NEVER happens.

Therefore to enable activation she must not make calls for 24 hours - which is a nonsense. Alternatively  she can put in an additional cash sum in order to make calls which negates the principle of the 20/30 Plan.
    Hi Condatis,

I understand that the length of time is excessive but unfortunately it can take upto 24 hours for a plan to activate. What I would advise is to schedule the top up to the day before the plan is due to activate and the plan generally activates quicker than topping up on the day the plan ends.

Grainne
    But Grainne, E Mobile decide the dates. After 30 days the plan expires and they take €20 from the bank account. Customers can not schedule the deduction for the 29th day. This is not a matter for the customer - it is one for E Mobile systems. My point is that €20 has been credited to the E Mobile account at, say, 10.00 on day one of the Plan.

Two hours later, the plan has not been activated, the customer makes a call and the cost comes from the €20. Now; as there is no longer €20 in the account the plan does not activate.

Consequence: The €20 is used by later calls at standard rates which means that long before the 30 days have passed calls are barred. The customer has provided the amount required by the Plan under the timescale required but is not being accorded the benefit paid for.

The whole point of the Plan is that calls are charged at the rate advertised. If the E Mobile systems are defective that needs to be addressed. Or should this be referred to the Regulator?

suave.4u wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Two quick questions.

1)  I have an emobile postpaid connection and the contract has ended. When i enquired with the tech support, they told me that the cost of the new phone is the same as the one advertised online.
    Is there any benefit if an existing customer takes a new phone (is there no loyalty bonus??).
    2)
    If I take a new prepaid connection, will I be getting free web texts? is there a minimu balance I should have?

regards,
    Hi suave.4u,

The prices of the phones when availing of an upgrade would usually be similar to the price that new customers pay. If you call our upgrade team on 1800303454 the agent will be able advise.

If you change to Prepaid there is no minimum credit that you will need to avail of free webtexts.

Grainne

My wife is on the 20/30 Pre-pay plan. When the monthly renewal is due she gets the usual text to notify her of this.

There will be a further text to notify her that her bank account has been debited with €20 which has been credited to E-Mobile.

However she can not avail of the plan until the payment is "activated". However, the activation process, typically, will not take place until about 24 hours has passed.

If she makes any calls before activation portion of the €20 is used which means that activation can not take place because there is no longer €20 in the account.

Several calls to Customer Service say that activation will take place within about 15 minutes. This NEVER happens.

Therefore to enable activation she must not make calls for 24 hours - which is a nonsense. Alternatively  she can put in an additional cash sum in order to make calls which negates the principle of the 20/30 Plan.
    Hi Condatis,

I understand that the length of time is excessive but unfortunately it can take upto 24 hours for a plan to activate. What I would advise is to schedule the top up to the day before the plan is due to activate and the plan generally activates quicker than topping up on the day the plan ends.

Grainne
    But Grainne, E Mobile decide the dates. After 30 days the plan expires and they take €20 from the bank account. Customers can not schedule the deduction for the 29th day. This is not a matter for the customer - it is one for E Mobile systems. My point is that €20 has been credited to the E Mobile account at, say, 10.00 on day one of the Plan.

Two hours later, the plan has not been activated, the customer makes a call and the cost comes from the €20. Now; as there is no longer €20 in the account the plan does not activate.

Consequence: The €20 is used by later calls at standard rates which means that long before the 30 days have passed calls are barred. The customer has provided the amount required by the Plan under the timescale required but is not being accorded the benefit paid for.

The whole point of the Plan is that calls are charged at the rate advertised. If the E Mobile systems are defective that needs to be addressed. Or should this be referred to the Regulator?
    Hi Condatis,

I do understand that the length of time is excessive but at the moment this is the timeframe for plans to activate. I have previously passed this on.

If you wish to change the date that the credit is taken from your bank you can do this by calling our top up direct date. It is quicker for the plan to activate if you top up the day before the plan ends.

Grainne

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Hi Reps,

Any chance of getting this information soon? I PM'd Grainne all the required information.

Thanks, PM
    Hello Reps,

Can you please confirm whether eMobile log or keep any record of calls to freephone numbers - 1800, 00800, 19XX etc.?

Regards, PM
    Hi Aron Stale Clipboard,

Yes eMobile do keep records. You can view them on your My eMobile account.

Grainne
    Hi Grainne,

These calls are not itemized on my bill (all other calls are itemised). I contacted support and apparently they are unable to see these calls either.

Can you please double check and confirm whether eMobile record details for calls made to Freephone numbers? Where can I find these details?

Regards
    Hi Aron Stale Clipboard,

If you wish to retrieve this information I can request for a usage report showing all calls that you made. I can send you this information for the last 3 months or alternatively if you want it for longer you will have to send a written request.

Grainne

Hi Reps,

Any chance of getting this information soon? I PM'd Grainne all the required information.

Thanks, PM
    Hello Reps,

Can you please confirm whether eMobile log or keep any record of calls to freephone numbers - 1800, 00800, 19XX etc.?

Regards, PM
    Hi Aron Stale Clipboard,

Yes eMobile do keep records. You can view them on your My eMobile account.

Grainne
    Hi Grainne,

These calls are not itemized on my bill (all other calls are itemised). I contacted support and apparently they are unable to see these calls either.

Can you please double check and confirm whether eMobile record details for calls made to Freephone numbers? Where can I find these details?

Regards
    Hi Aron Stale Clipboard,

If you wish to retrieve this information I can request for a usage report showing all calls that you made. I can send you this information for the last 3 months or alternatively if you want it for longer you will have to send a written request.

Grainne
    Hi Aron Stale Clipboard,

I will get back to your PM now.

Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭leche solara

I see on your website here http://www.emobile.ie/phonesplansmore/phones/details/?id=223
    that it says that
     All plans include:
    • Unlimited calls to Landlines
    • Unlimited calls and texts to eMobile and Meteor numbers
    [*]

If this is the case why are texts that I send to Meteor numbers reducing my remaining number of texts in my monthly quota? 

I see on your website here http://www.emobile.ie/phonesplansmore/phones/details/?id=223
    that it says that
     All plans include:

[*]

If this is the case why are texts that I send to Meteor numbers reducing my remaining number of texts in my monthly quota? 
    [*]
    Hi leche solara,

Could you advise what plan are you signed up to I will get this checked out.

Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭bewhiched

I am on a plan with e mobile for €34.50pm and I love it!!
    I bought a new phone will I still be able to use my new phone can I just put my SIM in it and go ahead thank you.

• Advertisement

that it says that
     All plans include:

[*]

[*]
    Hi leche solara,

Grainne
    [*]
    Hi Grainne,

The plan I am on is [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Select 100 + Data and my remaining texts drops by 1 each time I send a text to a Meteor number, yet it says on your website that [/font]All plans include:
    • Unlimited calls and texts to eMobile and Meteor numbers.  If texts to Meteor are unlimited my remaining number of texts should not reduce when I send texts to Meteor or eMobile numbers.  

bewhiched wrote: »
    I am on a plan with e mobile for €34.50pm and I love it!!
    I bought a new phone will I still be able to use my new phone can I just put my SIM in it and go ahead thank you.
    Hi bewhiched,

Yes that is no problem. All you need to do is insert your SIM into the new phone.

Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

Hi guys, 

I've recently changed email providers, but still get the online bills sent to my old account.

Can I change this to my new email account? How do I go about that?

Thanks.

Col200sx wrote: »
    Hi guys, 

I've recently changed email providers, but still get the online bills sent to my old account.

Can I change this to my new email account? How do I go about that?

Thanks.
    Hi Col200sx,

I can change that for you here. Just PM me your mobile number, PIN and email address I will update this.

Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

Thanks Grainne. Pm sent with details.

Col200sx wrote: »
    Thanks Grainne. Pm sent with details.
    No problem Col200sx,

That's processed now for you.

Grainne

that it says that
     All plans include:

[*]

[*]
    Hi leche solara,

Grainne

[*]
    Hi Grainne,

The plan I am on is [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Select 100 + Data and my remaining texts drops by 1 each time I send a text to a Meteor number, yet it says on your website that [/font]All plans include:
    • Unlimited calls and texts to eMobile and Meteor numbers.  If texts to Meteor are unlimited my remaining number of texts should not reduce when I send texts to Meteor or eMobile numbers.  

[*]
    What kind of service is this?  I posted the only query of the day last Friday at 12:54.  I did not receive a reply until Monday at 12:05 asking me what plan I'm on.  I responded at 19:42 the same day.  Wednesday is now closed and I have still heard nothing.  I would not have thought that my question was too complicated.  This forum allegedly has at least 4 reps, but it appears that between them they can't answer more than 1 question per day.  This service is a waste of everyone's time.  I will look for an answer elsewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Unable to view my bill again today. "Service Temporarily Unavailable" This appears to be a monthly issue with the eMobile website.

"The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

Apache/2.2.3 (Red Hat) Server at myaccount.emobile.ie Port 80"

that it says that
     All plans include:

[*]

[*]
    Hi leche solara,

Grainne

[*]
    Hi Grainne,

[*]
    What kind of service is this?  I posted the only query of the day last Friday at 12:54.  I did not receive a reply until Monday at 12:05 asking me what plan I'm on.  I responded at 19:42 the same day.  Wednesday is now closed and I have still heard nothing.  I would not have thought that my question was too complicated.  This forum allegedly has at least 4 reps, but it appears that between them they can't answer more than 1 question per day.  This service is a waste of everyone's time.  I will look for an answer elsewhere.
    [*]
    Hi leche.solara,

I have been unable to view this on our website. Could you provide me with the link that shows this and I will get this investigated.

Grainne

Unable to view my bill again today. "Service Temporarily Unavailable" This appears to be a monthly issue with the eMobile website.

"The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

Apache/2.2.3 (Red Hat) Server at myaccount.emobile.ie Port 80"
    Hi Aron Stale Clipboard,

I will get this investigated for you. As soon as I get an update I will advise.

Grainne

• Advertisement

that it says that
     All plans include:

[*]

[*]
    Hi leche solara,

Grainne

[*]
    Hi Grainne,

[*]

[*]
    Hi leche.solara,

I have been unable to view this on our website. Could you provide me with the link that shows this and I will get this investigated.

Grainne
    [*]
    Hi Grainne,

Here's the link to the page on the emobile site: http://www.emobile.ie/phonesplansmore/phones/details/?id=223 
    When you go that page click on the eircom customer tab or non-eircom customer tab, and you will see just below the Select 100 plan where it says:
    [*][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/font]All plans include:

• Unlimited calls and texts to eMobile and Meteor numbers. 

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Skidfingers

My broadband keeps dropping every 10 minutes. The DSL and Internet lights go completely off and I usually have to wait at least 5 mins to return.

Been like this all over Xmas. Just started all of a sudden.

Any help/advice?

Thanks

that it says that
     All plans include:

[*]

[*]
    Hi leche solara,

Grainne

[*]
    Hi Grainne,

[*]

[*]
    Hi leche.solara,

Grainne

[*]
    Hi Grainne,

Here's the link to the page on the emobile site: http://www.emobile.ie/phonesplansmore/phones/details/?id=223 
    When you go that page click on the eircom customer tab or non-eircom customer tab, and you will see just below the Select 100 plan where it says:

[*]
    Thanks leche.solara,

Could you PM me your mobile number and PIN I will get this escalated for you.

Grainne

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

My broadband keeps dropping every 10 minutes. The DSL and Internet lights go completely off and I usually have to wait at least 5 mins to return.

Any help/advice?

Thanks
    Hi Skidfingers
    can you DM your phone number and we can take a look at this for you.
    Tony

TheTorment wrote: »
    It is now 2 months since my letter was sent.

Can someone please find out what is going on?

This is beyond disgraceful behaviour at this stage.

Can one of the other reps please deal with this as its obviously above Grainne's capabilities?
    Is this just being ignored?

Is that Eircom's policy?
    Feckin joke of a customer service.
    Can someone please deal with this?
    I see whats going on here. Emobile are choosing to just ignore the fact that I sent a registered letter addressed to an individual within the company, which they have lost and failed to respond to. 

When I try to get the matter seen to it is again ignored. When I kick up a fuss because Im annoyed that this is going on 2 months I am ignored. 

Im someway satisfied that because this is a public forum the outrageous calamity which is Emobile customer care is here for all to see.

Pat on the back guys. Well done. Keep up the good work.
    Still waiting.....
    and waiting..........
    Can somebody please deal with this instead of just ignoring it?
    Hi TheTorment,

I sincerely apologise your post was not responded to. This was a mistake on my part I did not see it.

I have escalated this numerous times to both our complaints team and also to our administration team.

Grainne
    Hi Grainne

Any updates?

that it says that
     All plans include:

[*]

[*]
    Hi leche solara,

Grainne

[*]
    Hi Grainne,

[*]

[*]
    Hi leche.solara,

Grainne

[*]
    Hi Grainne,

[*]
    Thanks leche.solara,

Could you PM me your mobile number and PIN I will get this escalated for you.

Grainne
    [*]
    Grainne, I've sent you a PM

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Skidfingers

Any help/advice?

Thanks
    Hi Skidfingers
    Tony
    Done.

Any help/advice?

Thanks
    Hi Skidfingers
    Tony
    Done.
    Thanks Skidfingers,

I will chase this up with Tony and we will get back to you.

Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭loopymum

What's the email address for cancelling my emobile account please

• Advertisement

loopymum wrote: »
    What's the email address for cancelling my emobile account please
    Hi loopymum,

You will have to call our cancellation team first to give your 30 days notice and the agent will then advise you of the email address.

Grainne

Advertisement