Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Welcome to the eMobile thread, on Boards to answer your queries

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭leche solara

I see on your website here http://www.emobile.ie/phonesplansmore/phones/details/?id=223
    that it says that
     All plans include:
    • Unlimited calls to Landlines
    • Unlimited calls and texts to eMobile and Meteor numbers

[*]

If this is the case why are texts that I send to Meteor numbers reducing my remaining number of texts in my monthly quota? 

[*]
    Hi leche solara,

Could you advise what plan are you signed up to I will get this checked out.

Grainne

[*]
    Hi Grainne,

The plan I am on is [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Select 100 + Data and my remaining texts drops by 1 each time I send a text to a Meteor number, yet it says on your website that [/font]All plans include:
    • Unlimited calls and texts to eMobile and Meteor numbers.  If texts to Meteor are unlimited my remaining number of texts should not reduce when I send texts to Meteor or eMobile numbers.  

[*]
    What kind of service is this?  I posted the only query of the day last Friday at 12:54.  I did not receive a reply until Monday at 12:05 asking me what plan I'm on.  I responded at 19:42 the same day.  Wednesday is now closed and I have still heard nothing.  I would not have thought that my question was too complicated.  This forum allegedly has at least 4 reps, but it appears that between them they can't answer more than 1 question per day.  This service is a waste of everyone's time.  I will look for an answer elsewhere.

[*]
    Hi leche.solara,

I have been unable to view this on our website. Could you provide me with the link that shows this and I will get this investigated.

Grainne

[*]
    Hi Grainne,

Here's the link to the page on the emobile site: http://www.emobile.ie/phonesplansmore/phones/details/?id=223 ;
    When you go that page click on the eircom customer tab or non-eircom customer tab, and you will see just below the Select 100 plan where it says:
    [*][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/font]All plans include:

• Unlimited calls and texts to eMobile and Meteor numbers. 

[*]
    Thanks leche.solara,

Could you PM me your mobile number and PIN I will get this escalated for you.

Grainne

[*]
    Grainne, I've sent you a PM
    [*]
    Grainne,

I received an acknowledgment from you on 14th January that you had escalated my PM.  What happens next?  This is a simple matter of overcharging.   What further investigation is required?  Have I exhausted all avenues through this forum?  Has the stage now been reached where I should now escalate this myself to Comreg or the Director of Consumer Affairs?

Please reply asap.

• Company Representative Posts: 690 ✭✭✭eMobile: Grainne

I see on your website here http://www.emobile.ie/phonesplansmore/phones/details/?id=223
    that it says that
     All plans include:

[*]

If this is the case why are texts that I send to Meteor numbers reducing my remaining number of texts in my monthly quota? 

[*]
    Hi leche solara,

Grainne

[*]
    Hi Grainne,

The plan I am on is [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Select 100 + Data and my remaining texts drops by 1 each time I send a text to a Meteor number, yet it says on your website that [/font]All plans include:
    • Unlimited calls and texts to eMobile and Meteor numbers.  If texts to Meteor are unlimited my remaining number of texts should not reduce when I send texts to Meteor or eMobile numbers.  

[*]
    What kind of service is this?  I posted the only query of the day last Friday at 12:54.  I did not receive a reply until Monday at 12:05 asking me what plan I'm on.  I responded at 19:42 the same day.  Wednesday is now closed and I have still heard nothing.  I would not have thought that my question was too complicated.  This forum allegedly has at least 4 reps, but it appears that between them they can't answer more than 1 question per day.  This service is a waste of everyone's time.  I will look for an answer elsewhere.

[*]
    Hi leche.solara,

I have been unable to view this on our website. Could you provide me with the link that shows this and I will get this investigated.

Grainne

[*]
    Hi Grainne,

Here's the link to the page on the emobile site: http://www.emobile.ie/phonesplansmore/phones/details/?id=223 ;
    When you go that page click on the eircom customer tab or non-eircom customer tab, and you will see just below the Select 100 plan where it says:

[*]
    Thanks leche.solara,

Grainne

[*]

[*]
    Grainne,

I received an acknowledgment from you on 14th January that you had escalated my PM.  What happens next?  This is a simple matter of overcharging.   What further investigation is required?  Have I exhausted all avenues through this forum?  Has the stage now been reached where I should now escalate this myself to Comreg or the Director of Consumer Affairs?

Please reply asap.
    [*]
    Hi leche.solara,

I have been in contact with a team leader in our customer care team. They have advised they will give you a call today to discuss this.

Grainne

that it says that
     All plans include:

[*]

[*]
    Hi leche solara,

Grainne

[*]
    Hi Grainne,

[*]

[*]
    Hi leche.solara,

Grainne

[*]
    Hi Grainne,

[*]
    Thanks leche.solara,

Grainne

[*]

[*]
    Grainne,

Please reply asap.

[*]
    Hi leche.solara,

I have been in contact with a team leader in our customer care team. They have advised they will give you a call today to discuss this.

Grainne
    [*]
    But that didn't happen! Seems like I'm wasting my time here. 

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

Why can't we have a separate eMobile section here on the forum instead of just a single thread for all queries?
    It's really tedious having to wade through this muddle to find any information in its current format, it's not surprising so many questions go unanswered or are left hanging.
    There should be one thread for each question. 

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Moyglish

Totally agree with this. This thread has become far too unmanageable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Hi lads, just a quick question for you!
    Are there any plans to upgrade coverage between the Fighting Cocks on the N80 in Co. Carlow, and junction 5 of the M9 at Rathcrogue outside Carlow Town. 

I travel that road regularly and I can not make or receive any calls in this area.

Thanks. 

that it says that
     All plans include:

[*]

[*]
    Hi leche solara,

Grainne

[*]
    Hi Grainne,

[*]

[*]
    Hi leche.solara,

Grainne

[*]
    Hi Grainne,

[*]
    Thanks leche.solara,

Grainne

[*]

[*]
    Grainne,

Please reply asap.

[*]
    Hi leche.solara,

Grainne

[*]
    [*]
    Hi,

I can assure you are not wasting your time here. I have contacted the relevant team again about this. Once I get confirmation they will give you a call I will PM you.

Grainne

Al Capwned wrote: »
    Hi lads, just a quick question for you!
    Are there any plans to upgrade coverage between the Fighting Cocks on the N80 in Co. Carlow, and junction 5 of the M9 at Rathcrogue outside Carlow Town. 

I travel that road regularly and I can not make or receive any calls in this area.

Thanks. 
    Hi Al Capwned,

We would be unable to advise if the coverage in this location will be altered in the future. If you monitor our website it will update our coverage maps.

Grainne

Hi there,

Will eMobile be stocking the Sony Xperia Ultra anytime soon?

Also, I'm on the Select Unlimited €34.59 plan - how much to upgrade to get a Sony Xperia Z1 on this plan?

Thanks

Moyglish wrote: »
    Hi there,

Also, I'm on the Select Unlimited €34.59 plan - how much to upgrade to get a Sony Xperia Z1 on this plan?

Thanks
    Hi Moyglish,

I will check about the Sony Xperia Ultra. Once I get an update I will advise you.

The Sony Xperia Z1 costs €499 on your current plan.

Grainne

• Advertisement

Hi there,

Thanks
    Hi Moyglish,

I will check about the Sony Xperia Ultra. Once I get an update I will advise you.

Grainne
    Hi Grainne,

Thanks for that. Looking forward to hearing if you'll be stocking the Ultra.

With regards to the price for the Z1 handset - to be honest €499 is crazy money.
    I can actually buy the phone SIM free and unlocked for that price and not be tied to any contract.

I do understand that we receive a discount on the €34.50 plan, however looking at the price plans various pricing for this handset, I note that even Select 100 customers who only pay €14.23 per month can avail of this handset cheaper than we can and we're paying more than €20 per month extra.

Also, I was previously told and it was stated on this thread before that people on the €34.50 plan should go by the pricing guides online for Select Customers - this would price the handset at a more reasonable €299. Is this no longer the case? If so, when did this change?

I do of course understand that you have no say in setting the pricing structures for handsets on our plan however if you could please bring this to the attention of those in control of pricing it would be most appreciated.

I have been with eMobile for nearly 2 years now and was due an upgrade back in November and since then the price of handsets have been rising steadily to the point where there is no incentive to stay with eMobile at all as the handsets are priced at virtually PAYG prices with no discounts for being a bill pay customer nor for loyalty.

I would love to stay with eMobile but at those prices for an upgrade it really doesn't make any sense.

Hi there,

Thanks
    Hi Moyglish,

Grainne
    Hi Grainne,

With regards to the price for the Z1 handset - to be honest €499 is crazy money.
    I can actually buy the phone SIM free and unlocked for that price and not be tied to any contract.

I do understand that we receive a discount on the €34.50 plan, however looking at the price plans various pricing for this handset, I note that even Select 100 customers who only pay €14.23 per month can avail of this handset cheaper than we can and we're paying more than €20 per month extra.

Also, I was previously told and it was stated on this thread before that people on the €34.50 plan should go by the pricing guides online for Select Customers - this would price the handset at a more reasonable €299. Is this no longer the case? If so, when did this change?

I do of course understand that you have no say in setting the pricing structures for handsets on our plan however if you could please bring this to the attention of those in control of pricing it would be most appreciated.

I have been with eMobile for nearly 2 years now and was due an upgrade back in November and since then the price of handsets have been rising steadily to the point where there is no incentive to stay with eMobile at all as the handsets are priced at virtually PAYG prices with no discounts for being a bill pay customer nor for loyalty.

I would love to stay with eMobile but at those prices for an upgrade it really doesn't make any sense.
    Hi Moyglish,

I just received confirmation eMobile will not be stocking this phone on our network.

I totally understand what you are saying in your post and I will definitely will pass this onto the relevant team.

The prices of the phones vary from month to month so the price may be altered next month.

Grainne

Hi there,

Thanks
    Hi Moyglish,

Grainne
    Hi Grainne,

Hi Moyglish,

I just received confirmation eMobile will not be stocking this phone on our network.

I totally understand what you are saying in your post and I will definitely will pass this onto the relevant team.

The prices of the phones vary from month to month so the price may be altered next month.

Grainne
    Thanks for your help Grainne, I do appreciate it.

I understand eMobiles stance in that it's a discounted plan but the prices are really prohibitive at present.

I'll hang on til February to see if the prices become more reasonable, if not though I'll have no choice but to switch providers which I'm loathe to do as I'm a happy eMobile customer - handset pricing issues aside :)

Hi there,

Thanks
    Hi Moyglish,

Grainne
    Hi Grainne,

Hi Moyglish,

Grainne
    Thanks for your help Grainne, I do appreciate it.

I understand eMobiles stance in that it's a discounted plan but the prices are really prohibitive at present.

I'll hang on til February to see if the prices become more reasonable, if not though I'll have no choice but to switch providers which I'm loathe to do as I'm a happy eMobile customer - handset pricing issues aside :)
    No problem at all Moyglish,

Just keep an eye on our website and the prices for February will be updated.

Grainne

This

Thread

Is

Getting

Harder 

To 

Read.

My 

Poor 

Hand

Is 

Worn

Out

With

All

This 

Scrolling.....

that it says that
     All plans include:

[*]

[*]
    Hi leche solara,

Grainne

[*]
    Hi Grainne,

[*]

[*]
    Hi leche.solara,

Grainne

[*]
    Hi Grainne,

[*]
    Thanks leche.solara,

Grainne

[*]

[*]
    Grainne,

Please reply asap.

[*]
    Hi leche.solara,

Grainne

[*]

[*]
    Hi,

I can assure you are not wasting your time here. I have contacted the relevant team again about this. Once I get confirmation they will give you a call I will PM you.

Grainne
    [*]
    Can someone from eMobile please give me an update on my overcharging query.  I first posted on this matter on 3rd January (now a full month!)  I PMed my details to Grainne on 11th January, and on 14th January she acknowledged that the matter would be escalated.  On 24th January, following another enquiry from myself, Grainne advised me that I would receive a call that day.  Unsurpisingly this did not happen.  On 28th Janaury I was again given an assurance that I would receive a call, and a PM beforehand.  It is now almost a week since that assurance was given.  At this stage I am getting the impression that I am being deliberately ignored.  How busy, or understaffed, can the customer care team be if they cannot make one simple call???

that it says that
     All plans include:

[*]

[*]
    Hi leche solara,

Grainne

[*]
    Hi Grainne,

[*]

[*]
    Hi leche.solara,

Grainne

[*]
    Hi Grainne,

[*]
    Thanks leche.solara,

Grainne

[*]

[*]
    Grainne,

Please reply asap.

[*]
    Hi leche.solara,

Grainne

[*]

[*]
    Hi,

Grainne

[*]
    Can someone from eMobile please give me an update on my overcharging query.  I first posted on this matter on 3rd January (now a full month!)  I PMed my details to Grainne on 11th January, and on 14th January she acknowledged that the matter would be escalated.  On 24th January, following another enquiry from myself, Grainne advised me that I would receive a call that day.  Unsurpisingly this did not happen.  On 28th Janaury I was again given an assurance that I would receive a call, and a PM beforehand.  It is now almost a week since that assurance was given.  At this stage I am getting the impression that I am being deliberately ignored.  How busy, or understaffed, can the customer care team be if they cannot make one simple call???
    [*]
    Hi,

I have been advised that one of the supervisors in our customer care team has called you to discuss this.

Let me know once they call you again.

Grainne

that it says that
     All plans include:

[*]

[*]
    Hi leche solara,

Grainne

[*]
    Hi Grainne,

[*]

[*]
    Hi leche.solara,

Grainne

[*]
    Hi Grainne,

[*]
    Thanks leche.solara,

Grainne

[*]

[*]
    Grainne,

Please reply asap.

[*]
    Hi leche.solara,

Grainne

[*]

[*]
    Hi,

Grainne

[*]

[*]
    Hi,

I have been advised that one of the supervisors in our customer care team has called you to discuss this.

Grainne
    [*]
    Grainne,

I did get a call from someone in customer care, who tells me that my issue is being looked into.  I will let you know when I hear more.  Thanks.

Hi,
    [*]I have been advised that one of the supervisors in our customer care team has called you to discuss this.

Grainne

[*]
    Grainne,

I did get a call from someone in customer care, who tells me that my issue is being looked into.  I will let you know when I hear more.  Thanks.
    [*]
    Hi Leche Solara,

I have just been advised that a supervisor has contacted you and that this is now resolved.

Let me know if this is suitable for you.

Grainne

This thread is completely unreadable in its current format, can anything be done about it...?

• Advertisement

Hi,
    [*]I have been advised that one of the supervisors in our customer care team has called you to discuss this.

Grainne

[*]
    Grainne,

[*]
    Hi Leche Solara,

I have just been advised that a supervisor has contacted you and that this is now resolved.

Grainne
    [*]
    Grainne,

I was contacted again today.  A proposal was made to me which I was happy with.  I will consider the matter resolved when I see it implemented.  I will let you know.  Thanks for your help and patience.

Hi,

Grainne

[*]
    Grainne,

[*]
    Hi Leche Solara,

Grainne

[*]
    Grainne,

I was contacted again today.  A proposal was made to me which I was happy with.  I will consider the matter resolved when I see it implemented.  I will let you know.  Thanks for your help and patience.
    [*]
    Grainne,

You can take it that this matter is very much not resolved.  The person that spoke to me yesterday gave me an undertaking and this has not been delivered.  In fact my situation is now worse than it was before I raised this matter.  I tried ringing back the number that called me (021-4641500) only to get a voice message saying the office is closed, and suggesting I call back between 9am and 9pm Monday to Friday.  Its after 10am now, so that message is surprising.  Are they in a different time zone?  This whole business is becoming a farce.  Can you get someone from wherever it is to call me again urgently.

Hi,

Grainne

[*]
    Grainne,

[*]
    Hi Leche Solara,

Grainne

[*]
    Grainne,

[*]
    Glad to hear they resolved this for you.

I will let you know once your plan has changed.

Grainne

Hi,

Grainne

[*]
    Grainne,

[*]
    Hi Leche Solara,

Grainne

[*]
    Grainne,

[*]
    Glad to hear they resolved this for you.

I will let you know once your plan has changed.

Grainne
    [*]
    Thanks Grainne.  I have had a further call.  Nearly there!

No problem.

Glad that you are getting this sorted.

Grainne

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,796 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

I have a "bill" that says my total amount due is -€32. I'm assuming this is because I switched from contract to pre-pay and must have been overcharged or something. I don't live in the Republic anymore so just wondering how I can get this money back as I don't want credit? 

irish_goat wrote: »
    I have a "bill" that says my total amount due is -€32. I'm assuming this is because I switched from contract to pre-pay and must have been overcharged or something. I don't live in the Republic anymore so just wondering how I can get this money back as I don't want credit? 
    Hi irish_goat,

This usually means that your account is in credit. This can be refunded to an Irish bank account or a credit card.

If you PM your mobile number and PIN I can verify this for you.

Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Hi... is your 'my emobile' down?... can't login.

No problem.

Grainne
    Grainne,

This is far from sorted.  Can you let me know why my bill has gone up by more than 20 euros, and meteor texts are still being taken from my allowance.  I was assured by Annie that my tariff was to drop, not increase. The price agreed with Annie has not been applied; instead I'm being charged at the standard non-eircom customer Select 300 price, and to add insult to injury it has been backdated. This amount is not to be taken from my bank account so get it fixed immediately please.

• Advertisement

No problem.

Grainne
    Grainne,

This is far from sorted.  Can you let me know why my bill has gone up by more than 20 euros, and meteor texts are still being taken from my allowance.  I was assured by Annie that my tariff was to drop, not increase. The price agreed with  Annie has not been applied; instead I'm being charged at the standard non-eircom customer Select 300 price, and to add insult to injury it has been backdated.  This amount is not to be taken from my bank account so get it fixed immediately please.
    Hi leche solara,

I will get this followed up with the manager that spoke to you last. As soon as this is completed I will let you know. The reason why your calls to meteor and eMobile were not included this month is because your price plan only changed on the 5th February. In future any calls you make to these numbers will be free.

Grainne

Advertisement