Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Welcome to the eMobile thread, on Boards to answer your queries

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,004 ✭✭✭opus

Having canceled my eMobile account after 19 months of an 18 month contract, I was somewhat shocked to receive an email saying my final bill was over €100 given my previous bills were all €34.50 for unlimited calls/texts! 

I called CC but the person I spoke to had no idea why this happened, currently waiting to see if I get a call back with further information but any help is appreciated.

• Company Representative Posts: 690 ✭✭✭eMobile: Grainne

opus wrote: »
    Having canceled my eMobile account after 19 months of an 18 month contract, I was somewhat shocked to receive an email saying my final bill was over €100 given my previous bills were all €34.50 for unlimited calls/texts! 

I called CC but the person I spoke to had no idea why this happened, currently waiting to see if I get a call back with further information but any help is appreciated.
    Hi opus,

Could you PM me your mobile number PIN and your registered address I will get this looked into and will advise.

Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 5,004 ✭✭✭opus

Hi opus,

Could you PM me your mobile number PIN and your registered address I will get this looked into and will advise.

Grainne
    Thanks Grainne, PM sent....

Hi opus,

Grainne
    Thanks Grainne, PM sent....
    No problem,

I will get back to you shortly.

Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭tazwaz

Hi, is there anyone else in the kilmacthomas/waterford area having a problem with reception at the mo? Can't recieve or make ccalls or texts but if I head dungarvan area it wworks no prob. Technical dept are fobbing me off saying reception iis always poor in this area but I've never had a prob before and i'm with emobile a good few months now.

• Advertisement

tazwaz wrote: »
    Hi, is there anyone else in the kilmacthomas/waterford area having a problem with reception at the mo? Can't recieve or make ccalls or texts but if I head dungarvan area it wworks no prob.  Technical dept are fobbing me off saying reception iis always poor in this area but I've never had a prob before and i'm with emobile a good few months now.
    Hi tazwaz

Could you PM your mobile number PIN and Exact location I will look into this for you.

Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭tazwaz

hi grainne,
    pm sent, thanks

tazwaz wrote: »
    hi grainne,
    pm sent, thanks
    Thanks very much tazwaz,

I will get back to your PM.

Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭brian_m

Hello Grainne,

I was shocked to log in to my on-line banking recently to see I had been charged €490 by Emobile for my last bill... I have an unlimited mobile plan which is usually €84 a month plus a €10 mobile wifi device/charge for 10gb which I purchased from Emobile at Xmas. My bill details that I had used 9gb more than the 10gb allowance (total 19gb used) on the wifi device unknown to myself.. This is my first time using one of these devices and I am still not quite sure how it happened as I did not actually use it that much in the billing period. This has equated to an additional bill of roughly €395 for 9gb of internet which I find alarming given that the plan initially allows 10gb for a cost of €10. Is there any hope of getting this reviewed as I am in genuine financial difficulty as a result... My mobile phone plan of €85 a month allows for 15gb of internet use which I had only used 3gb of.. can this possibly be transferred over to cover the over use on the wifi device? Any help much appreciated

brian_m wrote: »
    Hello Grainne,

I was shocked to log in to my on-line banking recently to see I had been charged €490 by Emobile for my last bill... I have an unlimited mobile plan which is usually €84 a month plus a €10 mobile wifi device/charge for 10gb which I purchased from Emobile at Xmas. My bill details that I had used 9gb more than the 10gb allowance (total 19gb used) on the wifi device unknown to myself.. This is my first time using one of these devices and I am still not quite sure how it happened as I did not actually use it that much in the billing period. This has equated to an additional bill of roughly €395 for 9gb of internet which I find alarming given that the plan initially allows 10gb for a cost of €10. Is there any hope of getting this reviewed as I am in genuine financial difficulty as a result... My mobile phone plan of €85 a month allows for 15gb of internet use which I had only used 3gb of.. can this possibly be transferred over to cover the over use on the wifi device? Any help much appreciated
    Hi brian_m,

Sorry to hear you received a high bill from eMobile. Could you PM me your broadband number and PIN I can look into this for you.

Grainne

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭loopymum

Hi Grainne

I left emobile last week and now I can't log in to my account to access my bills and print out and see whether I am due a refund as I was billed in advance, wasn't I?

I actually need to print all my bills for work.
    I was on paperless billing.

loopy

loopymum wrote: »
    Hi Grainne

I left emobile last week and now I can't log in to my account to access my bills and print out and see whether I am due a refund as I was billed in advance, wasn't I?

loopy
    Hi loopymum,

How many bills are you looking to be sent to you? Just PM your mobile number PIN and the bills you want I can organise this.

Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭numorouno

Is there any plan to bring 4g to your existing customers without the need to sign up to a different contract?
    I'd like 4g but I don't want to go from my current allowance of 15gb down to 5gb for the privilege

numorouno wrote: »
    Is there any plan to bring 4g to your existing customers without the need to sign up to a different contract?
    I'd like 4g  but I don't want to go from my current allowance of 15gb down to 5gb for the privilege
    Hi numorouno,

At the moment it is not possible to avail of 4G unless you change to a specific 4G plan. If this changes in the future it will be updated on our website.

Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭loopymum

Hi Grainne

loopy
    Hi loopymum,

How many bills are you looking to be sent to you? Just PM your mobile number PIN and the bills you want I can organise this.

Grainne
    I am looking for bills from last May as I signed up to paperless billing pretty much immediately.

Also I need to know how much the closing bill is, my sim reverted to prepay on the 12th February and my new billing period was from the 5th every month.  So by my reckoning that was 8 days which which is just over 25% of my billing period.

Why do you block access to my account when there is still bills to be sorted?
    How do you refund any monies owing?
    I will pm you the number and pin now
    Regards

Hi Grainne

loopy
    Hi loopymum,

Grainne
    I am looking for bills from last May as I signed up to paperless billing pretty much immediately.

Also I need to know how much the closing bill is, my sim reverted to prepay on the 12th February and my new billing period was from the 5th every month.  So by my reckoning that was 8 days which which is just over 25% of my billing period.

Why do you block access to my account when there is still bills to be sorted?
    How do you refund any monies owing?
    I will pm you the number and pin now
    Regards
    Hi,

If you wish to get your bills from last May you will have to send a written request for this. If you wish you can scan the written request and email it to our administration team and they can email the bills back to you.

I will check what your final bill amount is and will let you know.

Grainne

Hello Grainne,

Hi brian_m,

Sorry to hear you received a high bill from eMobile. Could you PM me your broadband number and PIN I can look into this for you.

Grainne
    Hi Grainne,

any update on this please?

Thanks

Hello Grainne,

Hi brian_m,

Grainne
    Hi Grainne,

any update on this please?

Thanks
    Hi brian_m,

My apologies I was getting this investigated. I will get back to you in a PM shortly.

Grainne

Roughly €395 for 9gb of internet, nice money if you can get it... without any review due to a genuine mistake. People need to be alerted more clearly to what you are signing up for on these mobile wifi products. At no point was it explained to me that by signing up halfway through a billing period you only receive 50% of the usual 10gb allowance even though you are charged the full monthly fee of €10 or that you are subject to extortionate charging rates for going over your allowance, total con-artistry in my opinion!! If my numbers are correct this represents a 4,380% increase in price once you go over limit

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

At no point was it explained to me that by signing up halfway through a billing period you only receive 50% of the usual 10gb allowance even though you are charged the full monthly fee

I've never understood this, how can you sign up "halfway through a billing cycle"...? Surely the billing cycle should begin when the contract begins on the day you buy the phone...!

This is a real con carried out by ALL the mobile phone companies to extract additional revenue with the first month's payment. My son and daughter recently took out mobile phone contracts, at different times of the month and were both hit with unexpected extra charges in the first month's bill due to "signing up halfway through a billing cycle" and likewise this wasn't explained at the time. 
    I know the phone companies will say that they have to do it like this because it suits their system to have one billing cycle for all their customers but they'd soon find a way around this if they were only allowed to sell mobile phones on the first day of their self imposed billing cycle.
    I really think the regulator should look at this, if you buy a phone (or wifi device) with 'X' number of minutes (or data) for 'X' Price then the billing cycle and the usage limits should start on day one, not at some arbitrary time in the future chosen to maximise the revenue they can extract from you.... 

• Advertisement

Roughly €395 for 9gb of internet, nice money if you can get it... without any review due to a genuine mistake. People need to be alerted more clearly to what you are signing up for on these mobile wifi products. At no point was it explained to me that by signing up halfway through a billing period you only receive 50% of the usual 10gb allowance even though you are charged the full monthly fee of €10 or that you are subject to extortionate charging rates for going over your allowance, total con-artistry in my opinion!! If my numbers are correct this represents a 4,380% increase in price once you go over limit
    Hi Brian_M,

Like all mobile networks and bill pay companies in general you are required to pay for a full month in advance on the first billing date. You signed up for the plan on the 23rd of Dec and your first bill was issued on the 15th of Jan. Between these dates you would have been allocated with half of the usage your plan provides in which you were billed for half the monthly commitment. This charge would have been in addition to the full month in advance that was also issued on this bill.

I do apologise if you were not advised of pro rate but I can assure you that this is normal practice for any mobile network and when you receive your final bill this is refunded. It simply means you have paid for a month in advance of each month. I completely understand that this being your first bill may have came as shock but unfortunately we're unable to refund any amount on the account as the usage is there. We strongly advise our customers to regularly check their data allowance to ensure they don't go over their allowance.

Grainne

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 TobesYid

Hi Grainne,
    I'm looking to port over to emobile in the near future, could you tell me if the iphone 5s on emobile website are 4g enabled?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

Like all mobile networks and bill pay companies in general you are required to pay for a full month in advance on the first billing date. You signed up for the plan on the 23rd of Dec and your first bill was issued on the 15th of Jan. Between these dates you would have been allocated with half of the usage your plan provides in which you were billed for half the monthly commitment. This charge would have been in addition to the full month in advance that was also issued on this bill.

Hi Grainne, I'm sorry I've read this a number of times but it still doesn't make any sense to me....
    If I sign up on any given date, and "pay for a full month in advance" then why on earth am I not given my full allowance (that I've paid for) for that month and then bill me again one month after I signed up...? I really don't understand the logic behind "allocating half the usage" other than lining the pockets of ALL the mobile phone networks who engage in this practise.

Take the case in point of my own son who was away from home recently with no access to any Wifi, he was anxious to avoid any excess data charges if he went over the 1GB allowance that he has with his phone so he opted in to an extra 1GB of data for an extra £10 per month (approx). He then went about his business using the extra 1GB of data he'd purchased only to discover that he had in fact incurred excess data fees because (as in this case) although he'd bought an additional 1 GB of data for the month he had only been allocated half the usage allowance in the first month and would only get the full 1GB in the following months. 
    They tried in vain to explain to us why this was and the only reasonable explanation they could offer was that "ALL mobile networks do this!"

This is clearly wrong and can (and does) lead to some unpleasant shocks for customers when they get their first bill...

TobesYid wrote: »
    Hi Grainne,
    I'm looking to port over to emobile in the near future, could you tell me if the iphone 5s on emobile website are 4g enabled?
    Hi TobesYid,

Yes both the iphone 5S and 5C on our website are 4G compatible phones.

Grainne

Hi Grainne, I'm sorry I've read this a number of times but it still doesn't make any sense to me....
    If I sign up on any given date, and "pay for a full month in advance" then why on earth am I not given my full allowance (that I've paid for) for that month and then bill me again one month after I signed up...? I really don't understand the logic behind "allocating half the usage" other than lining the pockets of ALL the mobile phone networks who engage in this practise.

Take the case in point of my own son who was away from home recently with no access to any Wifi, he was anxious to avoid any excess data charges if he went over the 1GB allowance that he has with his phone so he opted in to an extra 1GB of data for an extra £10 per month (approx). He then went about his business using the extra 1GB of data he'd purchased only to discover that he had in fact incurred excess data fees because (as in this case) although he'd bought an additional 1 GB of data for the month he had only been allocated half the usage allowance in the first month and would only get the full 1GB in the following months. 
    They tried in vain to explain to us why this was and the only reasonable explanation they could offer was that "ALL mobile networks do this!"

This is clearly wrong and can (and does) lead to some unpleasant shocks for customers when they get their first bill...
    Hi billy few mates,

When a customer takes out a contract with us when the first bill is posted to you a leaflet is inserted into the bill clearly advising of the reasons why he/she's first bill is higher.

I can assure you eMobile are not trying to mislead our customers. As I advised in my previous post this is common practice with all mobile phone companies.

Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭leche solara

CHANGING BANK DETAILS

I am being forced to change my bank as a result of Danske Bank's decision to leave Ireland.  My eMobile direct debit comes out of my Danske bank account and is taken on or about the 24th. of each month and the February payment was taken this week.  I have now set up a new bank account from which I want my direct debit to be taken next month.  How do I notify eMobile of my new bank details?  Can this be done through my eMobile?  If it can I can't see where.  Can I just go into a shop with my new bank details?

CHANGING BANK DETAILS

I am being forced to change my bank as a result of Danske Bank's decision to leave Ireland.  My eMobile direct debit comes out of my Danske bank account and is taken on or about the 24th. of each month and the February payment was taken this week.  I have now set up a new bank account from which I want my direct debit to be taken next month.  How do I notify eMobile of my new bank details?  Can this be done through my eMobile?  If it can I can't see where.  Can I just go into a shop with my new bank details?
    Hi leche solara,

If you click on this link you can change your direct debit details provided it is not a joint account. If it is a joint account you will need to fill in this form and drop it into a store and it will be updated.

Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭pebbles21

hi,I recently got and signed a contract for emobile unlimted plus data,from Carphone Warehouse,I paid €130 deposit and also €150 for the phone Z1

The next day i get a phone call saying they needed a Eircom Account no.,which i wasnt asked at the time and wasnt aware

So now they want me to bring back the phone and cancel the contract,where do i stand on this?,and can i not use my mothers Eircom acc.?

pebbles21 wrote: »
    hi,I recently got and signed a contract for emobile unlimted plus data,from Carphone Warehouse,I paid €130 deposit and also €150 for the phone Z1

The next day i get a phone call saying they needed a Eircom Account no.,which i wasnt asked at the time and wasnt aware

So now they want me to bring back the phone and cancel the contract,where do i stand on this?,and can i not use my mothers Eircom acc.?
    Hi pebbles21,

In order to sign up to this plan you need to have an eircom account or live in the same address as an eircom account holder. The reason that you need an eircom account is because when you sign up to this plan this extends your eircom contract by an additional 18 months.

Grainne

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭pebbles21

Hi Grainne,
    I wasn't made aware of this at the time of signing the contract and the car phone warehouse were on the phone to eMobile and they never said anything about an eircom account 

Advertisement