Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Welcome to the eMobile thread, on Boards to answer your queries

Options

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 690 ✭✭✭eMobile: Grainne

pebbles21 wrote: »
    Hi Grainne,
    I wasn't made aware of this at the time of signing the contract and the car phone warehouse were on the phone to eMobile and they never said anything about an eircom account 
    Hi pebbles21,

Could you PM your mobile number and PIN  I can check what plan your signed up for.

Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭pebbles21

My number hasn't ported over because of this 

pebbles21 wrote: »
    My number hasn't ported over because of this 
    Hi pebbles21,

Could you PM me the mobile number and PIN that you were given in the store and also what store you signed up in.

Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭leche solara

CHANGING BANK DETAILS

I am being forced to change my bank as a result of Danske Bank's decision to leave Ireland.  My eMobile direct debit comes out of my Danske bank account and is taken on or about the 24th. of each month and the February payment was taken this week.  I have now set up a new bank account from which I want my direct debit to be taken next month.  How do I notify eMobile of my new bank details?  Can this be done through my eMobile?  If it can I can't see where.  Can I just go into a shop with my new bank details?
    Hi leche solara,

If you click on this link you can change your direct debit details provided it is not a joint account. If it is a joint account you will need to fill in this form and drop it into a store and it will be updated.

Grainne
    Grainne,

On that link that you directed me to to change my direct debit details it says the following:

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Due to a directive from the Office of the Data Protection Commission we can’t accept any change to your existing direct debit details online or via email, you must write to us at: eMobile Credit Control, PO BOX 52 Clonakilty, Co. Cork[/font]

You said that I can change my details there, but the above statement on the site seems to contradict what you say.  I filled in the online form anyway, based on your advice.  If I PM you my details can you check that my details have been changed, and if I am not allowed to change the details through the online form should eMobile not have contacted me after I completed the form?

CHANGING BANK DETAILS

I am being forced to change my bank as a result of Danske Bank's decision to leave Ireland.  My eMobile direct debit comes out of my Danske bank account and is taken on or about the 24th. of each month and the February payment was taken this week.  I have now set up a new bank account from which I want my direct debit to be taken next month.  How do I notify eMobile of my new bank details?  Can this be done through my eMobile?  If it can I can't see where.  Can I just go into a shop with my new bank details?
    Hi leche solara,

If you click on this link you can change your direct debit details provided it is not a joint account. If it is a joint account you will need to fill in this form and drop it into a store and it will be updated.

Grainne
    Grainne,

On that link that you directed me to to change my direct debit details it says the following:

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Due to a directive from the Office of the Data Protection Commission we can’t accept any change to your existing direct debit details online or via email, you must write to us at: eMobile Credit Control, PO BOX 52 Clonakilty, Co. Cork[/font]

You said that I can change my details there, but the above statement on the site seems to contradict what you say.  I filled in the online form anyway, based on your advice.  If I PM you my details can you check that my details have been changed, and if I am not allowed to change the details through the online form should eMobile not have contacted me after I completed the form?
    Hi leche solara,

My apologies for that. Could you PM your mobile number PIN and new bank account details I can check if your details have been updated.

Grainne

• Advertisement

CHANGING BANK DETAILS

Hi leche solara,

Grainne
    Grainne,

Hi leche solara,

My apologies for that. Could you PM your mobile number PIN and new bank account details I can check if your details have been updated.

Grainne

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭Drift

Hi Grainne,

Could you let me know if/when the Android 4.4.2 (Kitkat) upgrade will be available for HTC One phones on emobile.

Thanks

Drift wrote: »
    Hi Grainne,

Could you let me know if/when the Android 4.4.2 (Kitkat) upgrade will be available for HTC One phones on emobile.

Thanks
    Hi Drift,

This update has been suspended by HTC as there was reports of issues with the update. We do not have a date for when the update will be made available in the future.

Grainne

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭Drift

Thanks Grainne,

That explains why it showed up briefly and then disappeared again. It sounds like I was lucky not to download it at the time!!

Drift wrote: »
    Thanks Grainne,

That explains why it showed up briefly and then disappeared again. It sounds like I was lucky not to download it at the time!!
    No problem at all Drift.

Yes you were very lucky. I will update the eMobile forum once the release date is confirmed.

Grainne

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

Hi Grainne, 
    Lately I've been getting a few 'Hi you missed a call from me' messages and a voicemail message when my phone (which was beside me at the time) never rang, when I called the people back they told me their call to me went straight to voicemail without ringing.
    It doesn't happen all the time, it's totally random when and where it happens but it's a little annoying, especially as I have to call them back.
    Any suggestions or does anyone else ever get this...?

Hi Grainne, 
    Lately I've been getting a few 'Hi you missed a call from me' messages and a voicemail message when my phone (which was beside me at the time) never rang, when I called the people back they told me their call to me went straight to voicemail without ringing.
    It doesn't happen all the time, it's totally random when and where it happens but it's a little annoying, especially as I have to call them back.
    Any suggestions or does anyone else ever get this...?
    Hi there,

How often has this been happening? Is it the same location that this is happening in? Do you have signal on your phone at the time the call was made?

Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

My coverage at home is gone very poor. Used to be a couple of bars of Edge.
    I was never great with only a couple of areas of the house where I could take a call.

I work from home and the phone would always ring in the office but I had to go to another room to answer.
    It wasn't great but worked all right. Now though it won't ring in the office of virtually anywhere in the house.

The phone needs to be left in a back room and the odd time it does ring, it usually means a dropped call, missed call or breaking up.
    I get regular texts telling me I have missed calls or voicemails.

Tried different phones but no difference. It's fairly unusable now.

If I go up the road I get full bars of 3G of sometimes H.

Ballinasloe area.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Hello,

seems to be some problem with the Mountmellick mast since 130? no broadband and fluctuating signal on 2G also. Calls keep dropping.

Normally, it is excellent. 1st time I've seen a problem.

Any idea?

Hi Grainne,
    It's been happening on and off now for a few weeks, its totally random when and where it happens, I always have a signal when it happens as I get the message telling me I have a missed call and I am immediately able to call them back....

kaizersoze wrote: »
    My coverage at home is gone very poor. Used to be a couple of bars of Edge.
    I was never great with only a couple of areas of the house where I could take a call.

I work from home and the phone would always ring in the office but I had to go to another room to answer.
    It wasn't great but worked all right. Now though it won't ring in the office of virtually anywhere in the house.

The phone needs to be left in a back room and the odd time it does ring, it usually means a dropped call, missed call or breaking up.

Tried different phones but no difference. It's fairly unusable now.

If I go up the road I get full bars of 3G of sometimes H.

Ballinasloe area.
    Hi kaizersoze,

Sorry to hear you are experiencing problems connecting to a network. Could you PM your mobile number, PIN and also your address I will get this checked with our technical team.

Grainne

An Ri rua wrote: »
    Hello,

seems to be some problem with the Mountmellick mast since 130? no broadband and fluctuating signal on 2G also. Calls keep dropping.

Normally, it is excellent. 1st time I've seen a problem.

Any idea?
    Hi An Ri rua,

We are not aware of a problem in Mountmellick. Could you remove the battery from your phone while switched on (or switch phone to airplane mode for 15 minutes) then switch back on. Does this make any difference? If not could you PM your mobile number PIN and location and I will check this out.

Grainne

Hi Grainne,
    It's been happening on and off now for a few weeks, its totally random when and where it happens, I always have a signal when it happens as I get the message telling me I have a missed call and I am immediately able to call them back....
    Thanks for getting back to me.

I haven't hear of this happening before. What I would suggest is ever so often could you remove the battery from your phone while switched on (or switch phone to airplane mode for 15 minutes) then switch back on. This may prevent this from happening in the future.

Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Hi eMobile team,

Just wondering if you have any plans to offer the Sony Xperia Z2 and/or the new HTC One (M8)? I noticed earlier that Meteor have indicated that they will carry the HTC One (M8)

Cheers.

Hi Grainne, it happened again last night, I was waiting for a call and all I got was the text telling me I'd missed it! I rang the caller straight back and he told me his call had gone straight to voicemail without ringing.
    I've now taken the battery out of it and left it for a good half hour so we'll see what happens...

• Advertisement

Uriel. wrote: »
    Hi eMobile team,

Just wondering if you have any plans to offer the Sony Xperia Z2 and/or the new HTC One (M8)? I noticed earlier that Meteor have indicated that they will carry the HTC One (M8)

Cheers.
    Hi Uriel,

eMobile will be stocking the HTC One M8. I will check if we will be stocking the Xperia Z2.

The HTC phone will be available to buy on eMobile from the 4th April.

Grainne

Hi Grainne, it happened again last night, I was waiting for a call and all I got was the text telling me I'd missed it! I rang the caller straight back and he told me his call had gone straight to voicemail without ringing.
    I've now taken the battery out of it and left it for a good half hour so we'll see what happens...
    Thanks for letting me know billy few mates,

Let me know how this goes. Hopefully this will resolve it for you.

Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Hi eMobile team,

Cheers.
    Hi Uriel,

eMobile will be stocking the HTC One M8. I will check if we will be stocking the Xperia Z2.

Grainne
    Excellent,

Thanks Grainne... in that case I may be adding eMobile to my Eircom account. Would be interesting to see if Z2 is to come on stream though. 

Thanks.

Hi eMobile team,

Cheers.
    Hi Uriel,

Grainne
    Excellent,

Thanks Grainne... in that case I may be adding eMobile to my Eircom account. Would be interesting to see if Z2 is to come on stream though. 

Thanks.
    No problem Uriel,

As soon as I get an update about the Xperia Z2 I will post here. You can view the different plans we have available where you can merge your eircom account with your mobile

Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭dragon5678

Hi eMobile Team

Just a quick question, I'm on a SIM Only plan and would like to switch over to a 24-month contract plan due to recent developments with my phone being damaged, repaired, the same fault occurring and the shop refusing to fix it for free etc.

I rang loyalty and they said I have to wait until June until I've been on eMobile for 4 months and have 4 bills paid until I can be considered to change to a contract plan and I was just wondering why this is the case?

I'm signed up under an eircom discount, could I not just get a new number; sign up as a new customer and cancel my 30 day sim only contract or port it to pay-as-you go?  I'm stuck on the €20 Alcatel and hate it. I miss my email on the go plus having Internet in general :(

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Grainne
    Hi Grainne,
    It's still doing on me, I was passing my local eMobile/Meteor shop the other day and I asked the guy inside if he knew anything about it but he said he hadn't come across this problem before, about twenty minutes later it happened again, and then once more later that night. They don't show up as missed calls, I just get the text message telling me I have a new voicemail and when I phone the people back they tell me it's as if my phone is switched off, they get put straight through to voicemail without my phone ringing.
    It's getting really annoying now and I'm concerned that I might be missing calls when people aren't leaving me voice mails.
    What do you suggest? Do you think this might be a problem with the phone or with the network...?

• Company Representative Posts: 424 Verified rep eMobile: Tony

Grainne
    Hi Grainne,
    It's still doing on me, I was passing my local eMobile/Meteor shop the other day and I asked the guy inside if he knew anything about it but he said he hadn't come across this problem before, about twenty minutes later it happened again, and then once more later that night. They don't show up as missed calls, I just get the text message telling me I have a new voicemail and when I phone the people back they tell me it's as if my phone is switched off, they get put straight through to voicemail without my phone ringing.
    It's getting really annoying now and I'm concerned that I might be missing calls when people aren't leaving me voice mails.
    What do you suggest? Do you think this might be a problem with the phone or with the network...?
    Hi there,

I think this could be an issue with the phone settings. We could always try removing your voicemail and then re-adding it. This could possibly fix the issue. If not we can explore other avenues and go through the settings in more detail.

Thanks,

Tony

• Company Representative Posts: 424 Verified rep eMobile: Tony

dragon5678 wrote: »
    Hi eMobile Team

Just a quick question, I'm on a SIM Only plan and would like to switch over to a 24-month contract plan due to recent developments with my phone being damaged, repaired, the same fault occurring and the shop refusing to fix it for free etc.

I rang loyalty and they said I have to wait until June until I've been on eMobile for 4 months and have 4 bills paid until I can be considered to change to a contract plan and I was just wondering why this is the case?

I'm signed up under an eircom discount, could I not just get a new number; sign up as a new customer and cancel my 30 day sim only contract or port it to pay-as-you go?  I'm stuck on the €20 Alcatel and hate it. I miss my email on the go plus having Internet in general :(

Any help would be greatly appreciated
    Hi there,

The information that you've been given is correct. This is a requirement when on a SIM only contract. If you cancel this or change back to pay as you go and decide to open another bill pay account you will need to go through the credit vetting process again which can sometimes be an inconvenience to our customers which is why we do not recommend this.

Tony

Thanks Tony,  I'm just a bit concerned that if I remove my voicemail I won't know if people are trying to contact me at all but I'll give it a go if you tell me what to do.
    I haven't made any changes to my settings recently and it's totally random when it happens.
    I did a couple of test calls from my wife's phone today and it rang every time (hers was one of the calls I missed the other day), then later on my daughter rang me twice and each time it went straight to voice mail....

• Advertisement

Thanks Tony,  I'm just a bit concerned that if I remove my voicemail I won't know if people are trying to contact me at all but I'll give it a go if you tell me what to do.
    I haven't made any changes to my settings recently and it's totally random when it happens.
    I did a couple of test calls from my wife's phone today and it rang every time (hers was one of the calls I missed the other day), then later on my daughter rang me twice and each time it went straight to voice mail....
    Hi billy few mates

If you want I can get voicemail removed from your phone but set up call catcher so that when you have a missed call you will receive a text message.

Just PM your mobile number and PIN and I can do this for you.

Grainne

Advertisement