Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Welcome to the eMobile thread, on Boards to answer your queries

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭dragon5678

dragon5678 wrote: »
    Hi eMobile Team

Just a quick question, I'm on a SIM Only plan and would like to switch over to a 24-month contract plan due to recent developments with my phone being damaged, repaired, the same fault occurring and the shop refusing to fix it for free etc.

I rang loyalty and they said I have to wait until June until I've been on eMobile for 4 months and have 4 bills paid until I can be considered to change to a contract plan and I was just wondering why this is the case?

I'm signed up under an eircom discount, could I not just get a new number; sign up as a new customer and cancel my 30 day sim only contract or port it to pay-as-you go?  I'm stuck on the €20 Alcatel and hate it. I miss my email on the go plus having Internet in general :(

Any help would be greatly appreciated
    Hi there,

The information that you've been given is correct. This is a requirement when on a SIM only contract. If you cancel this or change back to pay as you go and decide to open another bill pay account you will need to go through the credit vetting process again which can sometimes be an inconvenience to our customers which is why we do not recommend this.

Tony
    Hi eMobile Team

Thank you so much for clearing this up for me. I understand why this is not possible.

Just an unrelated question, how does the change of ownership for a bill pay contract work? I am aware the person named on the contract and the person to be named on the contract must both visit an eMobile store for this to happen but what actually happens? Is a credit check carried out on the person or what? This doesnt concern my sim-only contract, more my 24 month contract which is in use by another person.

Thanking You

Daniel

• Company Representative Posts: 690 ✭✭✭eMobile: Grainne

Hi eMobile Team

Just a quick question, I'm on a SIM Only plan and would like to switch over to a 24-month contract plan due to recent developments with my phone being damaged, repaired, the same fault occurring and the shop refusing to fix it for free etc.

I rang loyalty and they said I have to wait until June until I've been on eMobile for 4 months and have 4 bills paid until I can be considered to change to a contract plan and I was just wondering why this is the case?

I'm signed up under an eircom discount, could I not just get a new number; sign up as a new customer and cancel my 30 day sim only contract or port it to pay-as-you go?  I'm stuck on the €20 Alcatel and hate it. I miss my email on the go plus having Internet in general :(

Hi there,

The information that you've been given is correct. This is a requirement when on a SIM only contract. If you cancel this or change back to pay as you go and decide to open another bill pay account you will need to go through the credit vetting process again which can sometimes be an inconvenience to our customers which is why we do not recommend this.

Tony
    Hi eMobile Team

Thank you so much for clearing this up for me. I understand why this is not possible.

Just an unrelated question, how does the change of ownership for a bill pay contract work? I am aware the person named on the contract and the person to be named on the contract must both visit an eMobile store for this to happen but what actually happens? Is a credit check carried out on the person or what? This doesnt concern my sim-only contract, more my 24 month contract which is in use by another person.

Thanking You

Daniel
    No problem Daniel,

We're glad to have cleared that up.

It is not possible to change the ownership on a billpay account. You would have to end the contract change it to PAYG and then the person who wants to take over the account would then have to set the account up. Alternatively you can give this person access to the account.

Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭loopymum

loopymum wrote: »
    Hi Grainne

I left emobile last week and now I can't log in to my account to access my bills and print out and see whether I am due a refund as I was billed in advance, wasn't I?

I actually need to print all my bills for work.
    I was on paperless billing.

loopy
    Hi loopymum,

How many bills are you looking to be sent to you? Just PM your mobile number PIN and the bills you want I can organise this.

Grainne
    I am looking for bills from last May as I signed up to paperless billing pretty much immediately.

Also I need to know how much the closing bill is, my sim reverted to prepay on the 12th February and my new billing period was from the 5th every month.  So by my reckoning that was 8 days which which is just over 25% of my billing period.

Why do you block access to my account when there is still bills to be sorted?
    How do you refund any monies owing?
    I will pm you the number and pin now
    Regards
    Hi,

If you wish to get your bills from last May you will have to send a written request for this. If you wish you can scan the written request and email it to our administration team and they can email the bills back to you.

I will check what your final bill amount is and will let you know.

Grainne
    Well Grainne, you never got back to me with the final bill amount.  As it turns out I'm owed a refund and used to pay by direct debit on my credit card, will it be refunded to that?
    Where or what is the address to scan and email the written request?  Can you not take the request from the pm I sent you with all the required info?

Hi Grainne

I left emobile last week and now I can't log in to my account to access my bills and print out and see whether I am due a refund as I was billed in advance, wasn't I?

loopy
    Hi loopymum,

How many bills are you looking to be sent to you? Just PM your mobile number PIN and the bills you want I can organise this.

Grainne
    I am looking for bills from last May as I signed up to paperless billing pretty much immediately.

Also I need to know how much the closing bill is, my sim reverted to prepay on the 12th February and my new billing period was from the 5th every month.  So by my reckoning that was 8 days which which is just over 25% of my billing period.

Regards
    Hi,

If you wish to get your bills from last May you will have to send a written request for this. If you wish you can scan the written request and email it to our administration team and they can email the bills back to you.

Grainne
    Well Grainne, you never got back to me with the final bill amount.  As it turns out I'm owed a refund and used to pay by direct debit on my credit card, will it be refunded to that?
    Where or what is the address to scan and email the written request?  Can you not take the request from the pm I sent you with all the required info?
    Hi loopymum,

Your final bill is for a total of €54.44. This can be refunded to either a bank account or to the credit card registered to your account. If you want it refunded to your credit card I will need you to provide the CVV number for the card.

I would be unable to request your bills here. You will need to send the written request to either Administration Team, 1 Heuston South Quarter, St John's Road, Dublin 8 or you can scan and attach the letter and email it to customercare@emobile.ie

Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭dragon5678

Hi eMobile Team

Hi there,

Tony
    Hi eMobile Team

Thanking You

Daniel
    No problem Daniel,

It is not possible to change the ownership on a billpay account. You would have to end the contract change it to PAYG and then the person who wants to take over the account would then have to set the account up. Alternatively you can give this person access to the account.

Grainne
    Hi Grainne

Thank you for the info.

I was asking as its referred to here: http://helpandquestions.emobile.ie/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE/&/?St=1&E=0000000000008969375&K=912&Sxi=9&Case=obj(990) 
    How do I change the ownership of my account?

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Customer answer bill pay[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]If you are a bill pay customer both parties need to go to any eMobile store and sign over contracts.[/font]

• Advertisement

Hi eMobile Team

Hi there,

Tony
    Hi eMobile Team

Thanking You

Daniel
    No problem Daniel,

Grainne
    Hi Grainne

Thank you for the info.

I was asking as its referred to here: http://helpandquestions.emobile.ie/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE/&/?St=1&E=0000000000008969375&K=912&Sxi=9&Case=obj(990) 
    How do I change the ownership of my account?

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Customer answer bill pay[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]If you are a bill pay customer both parties need to go to any eMobile store and sign over contracts.[/font]
    Thanks for bringing this to my attention Daniel.

I will send a request for this to be updated.

Grainne

Did you get my pm Grainne?

Did you get my pm Grainne?
    Hi loopymum,

I never received a PM from you. Could you resend it?

Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Hi folks,

I purchased a Lumia 520 a few months back on PAYG that I'd like to get unlocked. Will Customer Service do this for me or is there a minimum spend required etc?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Kaiser2000 wrote: »
    Hi folks,

I purchased a Lumia 520 a few months back on PAYG that I'd like to get unlocked. Will Customer Service do this for me or is there a minimum spend required etc?

Thanks
    Any update/reply on this guys?

• Advertisement

Kaiser2000 wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Thanks
    Hi Kaiser2000,

The rules that need to be met to request the unlocking code for your phone is as follows. You need to have topped up your phone by a total of €130 in the last 6 months and also the IMEI of the phone needs to be registered to your account. Once this has been met you then need to call our customer care team on 1800690000 and an agent will request the code.

Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 27 iahavenoname

Hey

I have a few questions, I'm currently on a 30 bill pay sim only plan with meteor, I'm planning to switch to the 'Selected Unlimited' sim only plan offered by emobile

1. If I go to your shop in henry street will I be able to switch straight away i.e. will I get the sim there and then? (assuming I want to keep my old number)
    2. what documents do I need to bring?
    3. how long does it take to do the switch?
    4. is 4g included in the selected unlimited plan?

Thanks

Hi Grainne

loopy
    Hi loopymum,

Grainne

Regards
    Hi,

Grainne
    Hi loopymum,

Your final bill is for a total of €54.44. This can be refunded to either a bank account or to the credit card registered to your account. If you want it refunded to your credit card I will need you to provide the CVV number for the card.

I would be unable to request your bills here. You will need to send the written request to either Administration Team, 1 Heuston South Quarter, St John's Road, Dublin 8 or you can scan and attach the letter and email it to customercare@emobile.ie

Grainne
    Hi Grainne, I private messaged you on the 4th of April with the requested info and I received a bill once again today from emobile showing the credit but so obviously you still haven't refunded my card.  How long is it going to take please?

Hi Grainne

loopy
    Hi loopymum,

Grainne

Regards
    Hi,

Grainne
    Hi loopymum,

Grainne
    Hi Grainne, I private messaged you on the 4th of April with the requested info and I received a bill once again today from emobile showing the credit but so obviously you still haven't refunded my card.  How long is it going to take please?
    Hi loopymum,

I never received a PM from you with this information. If you could resend it I will be able organise the refund.

Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

I was in an emobile store this evening looking to get the HTC M8 (€200) on the emobile unlimited + data plan (24 months). I gave all my details and the customer service rep rang to get my number ported.
    When he got off the phone he told me that the credit department requested that I give a €300 deposit which I will get back after 6 months.

I've been a Meteor bill pay customer and eircom broadband customer for at least 3 years. I have a direct debit set-up for both bills and have never been late paying any of those bills.

Considering I've been a loyal customer and never had any credit issues can you explain why this €300 deposit is required?

marvin80 wrote: »
    I was in an emobile store this evening looking to get the HTC M8 (€200) on the emobile unlimited + data plan (24 months). I gave all my details and the customer service rep rang to get my number ported.
    When he got off the phone he told me that the credit department requested that I give a €300 deposit which I will get back after 6 months.

I've been a Meteor bill pay customer and eircom broadband customer for at least 3 years. I have a direct debit set-up for both bills and have never been late paying any of those bills.

Considering I've been a loyal customer and never had any credit issues can you explain why this €300 deposit is required?
    Hi marvin80,

Any of our customers who want to open a new Bill Pay account with us are subject to credit approval and in some cases, a contract pre-payment may be requested before the contract can be fully processed.

Our store or customer care team would have no information available to them regarding your why your bill pay account application required this pre-payment. Further details can only be provided after we receive a signed written request from you.

In the letter, you will need to include the below:
    - Application ID number.
    - Date application made.
    - Your Name.
    - Your mobile number if you proceeded with the contract.
    - Where you bought the phone/broadband dongle.
    - Your written signature.

This request can be sent by post to our below address.
    FAO Credit Control,
    1 Heuston South Quarter,
    St Johns Road,
    Dublin 8
    Upon receipt of this letter we will contact you as soon as possible though I would note it can take up to 5 to 7 working days from the time we receive your letter to process this request.

Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

Hi marvin80,

Any of our customers who want to open a new Bill Pay account with us are subject to credit approval and in some cases, a contract pre-payment may be requested before the contract can be fully processed.

Our store or customer care team would have no information available to them regarding your why your bill pay account application required this pre-payment. Further details can only be provided after we receive a signed written request from you.

- Application ID number.
    - Date application made.
    - Your Name.

FAO Credit Control,
    1 Heuston South Quarter,
    St Johns Road,
    Dublin 8
    Upon receipt of this letter we will contact you as soon as possible though I would note it can take up to 5 to 7 working days from the time we receive your letter to process this request.

Grainne
    Thanks Grainne.

I don't have the application ID number and I've tried ringing the shop but no answer.
    Is it ok to send the letter without it?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 iahavenoname

Hey

I have a few questions, I'm currently on a 30 bill pay sim only plan with meteor, I'm planning to switch to the 'Selected Unlimited' sim only plan offered by emobile

1. If I go to your shop in henry street will I be able to switch straight away i.e. will I get the sim there and then? (assuming I want to keep my old number)

Thanks

Hi marvin80,

- Application ID number.
    - Date application made.
    - Your Name.

FAO Credit Control,
    1 Heuston South Quarter,
    St Johns Road,
    Dublin 8

Grainne
    Thanks Grainne.

I don't have the application ID number and I've tried ringing the shop but no answer.
    Is it ok to send the letter without it?
    Hi marvin80,

You would need to have the case id in order for this team to respond to you.

Grainne

Hey

Thanks
    Hi there,

If you sign up in the store you will be set up straight away. To sign up with eMobile you will need either a passport or drivers licence, a recent utility bill( dated within the last 3 months) and your bank or credit card details.

The switch can take up to 24 hours to go through.

Yes this plan does include 4G but you need to have an eircom account to sign up to this plan.

Grainne

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 romuse

Probably posted this earlier but I think in the wrong location.....I guess it is an emobile question and can go to this thread

Eircom customer for years...and wanted to move to emobile from O2 after many years...
    Would you have the Sony Xperia Z2? any dates?
    This is the only thing stopping me from signing up
    thanks for any feedback

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Hi, I've been an eMobile customer for over 2 years now and I'm currently using the iPhone 4s. I'm just wondering, would I be entitled to an upgrade any time soon?

romuse wrote: »
    Probably posted this earlier but I think in the wrong location.....I guess it is an emobile question and can go to this thread

Eircom customer for years...and wanted to move to emobile from O2 after many years...
    Would you have the Sony Xperia Z2? any dates?
    This is the only thing stopping me from signing up
    thanks for any feedback
    Hi romuse,

eMobile will be stocking this phone but it will not be available to buy until June.

As soon as the phone is available it will be on our website.

Grainne

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Hi, I've been an eMobile customer for over 2 years now and I'm currently using the iPhone 4s. I'm just wondering, would I be entitled to an upgrade any time soon?
    Hi Kitty6277,

If you PM your mobile number and PIN I can tell you when you can avail of an upgrade.

Grainne

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭The_fever

Hi,

Can an eMobile representative please confirm if anyone looks at the following email address

Customerservice@emobile.ie

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Any idea when you will have the HTC One (M8) back in stock (bill pay). Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭swht

Hi, I gave notice of cancellation and got a confirmation that my contract is finishing on the 2nd of May. I assumed that I would have been issued a pro rata bill reflecting this but instead was billed to the 10th of May. I understand a credit may need to be issued and so have cancelled the direct debit with my bank and will make the payment by debit card once the final total due is calculated. Can someone please look into this for me?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭wilser

Hi
    Apologies if this has been asked before,
    Do you have any idea if you will be stocking the Nokia Lumia 930 when it is released?
    Also the Lumia 1520?
    Thanks

The_fever wrote: »
    Hi,

Can an eMobile representative please confirm if anyone looks at the following email address

Customerservice@emobile.ie

Thanks
    Hi The_fever,

The above email address is not our email address. The correct one is customercare@emobile.ie

Grainne

• Advertisement

Uriel. wrote: »
    Any idea when you will have the HTC One (M8) back in stock (bill pay). Cheers!
    Hi Uriel,

We do not have a date for when this will be available. It will be updated on our website when it is.

Grainne

Advertisement