Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Welcome to the eMobile thread, on Boards to answer your queries

Options

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 690 ✭✭✭eMobile: Grainne

gonzo.phd wrote: »
    Hi, I gave notice of cancellation and got a confirmation that my contract is finishing on the 2nd of May. I assumed that I would have been issued a pro rata bill reflecting this but instead was billed to the 10th of May. I understand a credit may need to be issued and so have cancelled the direct debit with my bank and will make the payment by debit card once the final total due is calculated. Can someone please look into this for me?
    Hi gonzo.phd,

Could you PM me your mobile number and PIN I can look into this for you.

Grainne

wilser wrote: »
    Hi
    Apologies if this has been asked before,
    Do you have any idea if you will be stocking the Nokia Lumia 930 when it is released?
    Also the Lumia 1520?
    Thanks
    Hi wilser,

We do not have plans to stock either of these phones.

Grainne

wilser wrote: »
    Hi
    Apologies if this has been asked before,
    Do you have any idea if you will be stocking the Nokia Lumia 930 when it is released?
    Also the Lumia 1520?
    Thanks
    Hi wilser,

We do not have plans to stock either of these phones.

Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭swht

gonzo.phd wrote: »
    Hi, I gave notice of cancellation and got a confirmation that my contract is finishing on the 2nd of May. I assumed that I would have been issued a pro rata bill reflecting this but instead was billed to the 10th of May. I understand a credit may need to be issued and so have cancelled the direct debit with my bank and will make the payment by debit card once the final total due is calculated. Can someone please look into this for me?
    Hi gonzo.phd,

Could you PM me your mobile number and PIN I can look into this for you.

Grainne
    Had you any progress looking into this for me?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Hi romuse,

eMobile will be stocking this phone but it will not be available to buy until June.

As soon as the phone is available it will be on our website.

Grainne

Hi grainne, do emobile usually set up pre-orders for such releases or is it that it just goes live for ordering onrelease day?

• Advertisement

Uriel. wrote: »
    Hi romuse,

eMobile will be stocking this phone but it will not be available to buy until June.

As soon as the phone is available it will be on our website.

Grainne

Hi grainne, do emobile usually set up pre-orders for such releases or is it that it just goes live for ordering onrelease day?
    Hi Uriel.,

Closer to when the phone will be available our customers will be able register an interest in the phone. Just keep an eye on our website for an update.

Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭loopymum

Hi Grainne, were you able to process that refund to my card yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Just wondering when will the 4.4 update will be out for the Note 3 ?. As the other networks have pushed it to there phones and there has been notting about from emobile yet ? 

Quite disappointed that i have to look into other ways to update my OS 

loopymum wrote: »
    Hi Grainne, were you able to process that refund to my card yet?
    Hi loopymum,

That refund has been requested now. It will take 10 working days for this to be processed.

Grainne

Just wondering when will the 4.4 update will be out for the Note 3 ?. As the other networks have pushed it to there phones and there has been notting about from emobile yet ? 

Quite disappointed that i have to look into other ways to update my OS 
    Hi samapple789,

This update has been sent to Samsung for approval. We have been advised this will be available in the next couple of weeks. As soon as the date is advised I will post here.

Grainne

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

Hi,

I am an eircom customer and considering a new number with emobile and getting a HTC One M8.  The tariff I was looking at is the emobile unlinited plus data.

http://www.emobile.ie/phonesplansmore/phones/details/?id=269

It says on the link above that minutes and texts are unlimited.  But at the bottom it says 'Unlimited call and text to emobile and meteor...'
    Can you clarify if the tariff I am looking at is unlimited to all networks ?

Also, why no 4G for eircom customers ?  The non-eircom customer while they pay more (Select unlimited) for unlimited texts and calls, have 4G included ?

thanks

Flaccus wrote: »
    Hi,

I am an eircom customer and considering a new number with emobile and getting a HTC One M8.  The tariff I was looking at is the emobile unlinited plus data.

http://www.emobile.ie/phonesplansmore/phones/details/?id=269

It says on the link above that minutes and texts are unlimited.  But at the bottom it says 'Unlimited call and text to emobile and meteor...'
    Can you clarify if the tariff I am looking at is unlimited to all networks ?

Also, why no 4G for eircom customers ?  The non-eircom customer while they pay more (Select unlimited) for unlimited texts and calls, have 4G included ?

thanks
    Hi Flaccus,

There is a plan for existing eircom customers to avail of 4G. The name of the plan is icn-4g-small.pngeMobile Unlimited+ dat. You can find this plan

If you click on the link above you can avail of our 4g plan.

Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 3,211 ✭✭✭irishchris

Looking to switch from 3 bill pay to select unlimited sim only for 32€ am I right in assuming 4g is included in this deal. I'm a non eircom costumer btw.

irishchris wrote: »
    Looking to switch from 3 bill pay to select unlimited sim only for 32€  am I right in assuming 4g is included in this deal. I'm a non eircom costumer btw.
    Hi irishchris,

This plan is not a 4G plan. If you want to avail of 4G you would have to sign up to a 4G plan. Details of our 4G plans can be found here

Our 4G SIM Only plan is only available if you merge your eircom account with an eircom account.

Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 3,211 ✭✭✭irishchris

That site is a mess. Very badly laid out describing plans. Why would I want to become an eircom customer simply to get a mobile deal with emobile? going to probably switch to meteors 4g sim only plan for 35€ https://store.meteor.ie/sim-only-plans?utm_medium=cpc&gclid=CNLj0Z3UiL4CFYWv2wod72kAhA. Any other good 4g deals around?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭ilikepears

For the past week I have absolutely rubbish coverage. I have delays in sending and receiving texts. Then I try to submit this complaint on the eircom website (https://secure.emobile.ie/app/contactUsCustomer) and it won't accept my query stating that the query type box isn't filled in even though it is. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

I've been having problems for the past few days as well, I'll be in the middle of a call and it will suddenly drop and give me the message "temporary network difficulties" (or something similar) but I can call the other person straight back, it's getting a bit annoying now. Any clues...?

irishchris wrote: »
    That site is a mess. Very badly laid out describing plans. Why would I want to become an eircom customer simply to get a mobile deal with emobile?  going to probably switch to meteors 4g sim only plan for 35€ https://store.meteor.ie/sim-only-plans?utm_medium=cpc&gclid=CNLj0Z3UiL4CFYWv2wod72kAhA. Any other good 4g deals around?
    Hi irishchris,

Sorry to hear you feel this way about our website. I will certainly pass this onto the relevant team for feedback.

Grainne

ilikepears wrote: »
    For the past week I have absolutely rubbish coverage. I have delays in sending and receiving texts. Then I try to submit this complaint on the eircom website (https://secure.emobile.ie/app/contactUsCustomer) and it won't accept my query stating that the query type box isn't filled in even though it is. :mad:
    Sorry to hear your coverage has been poor ilikepears,

Could you PM your mobile number PIN and location that this is happening in I will look into this for you.

Grainne

I've been having problems for the past few days as well, I'll be in the middle of a call and it will suddenly drop and give me the message "temporary network difficulties" (or something similar) but I can call the other person straight back, it's getting a bit annoying now. Any clues...?
    Hi billy few mates,

What locations is this happening in? Could you PM your mobile number and PIN I can check this out.

Grainne

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭numorouno

hi

I'm just wondering when emobile Samsung galaxy s4 users are getting an upgrade to Android kit kat 4.4 please

Thanks

numorouno wrote: »
    hi

I'm just wondering when emobile Samsung galaxy s4 users are getting an upgrade to Android kit kat 4.4 please

Thanks
    Hi numorouno,

This update is currently available. You can update OTA or through Samsung Kies. 

Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 977 ✭✭✭suave.4u

Hi Guys,

I bought a new emobile pre paid.
    I am able to login to https://myaccount.emobile.ie using the number and PIN, but when I try to top up, I am not able to register the number.
    It gives me an error stating the number is not an emobile number (error: Sorry, we are unable to process this request as the mobile number you entered is not an eMobile number.).

However, I am able to login fine to https://myaccount.emobile.ie with the number.
    I need to register and top up.

Regards,

suave.4u wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

I am able to login to https://myaccount.emobile.ie using the number and PIN, but when I try to top up, I am not able to register the number.
    It gives me an error stating the number is not an emobile number (error: Sorry, we are unable to process this request as the mobile number you entered is not an eMobile number.).

However, I am able to login fine to https://myaccount.emobile.ie with the number.

Regards,
    Hi suave.4u,

In order to top up your phone online you will need to call our top up direct team and they will assist you in activating your account. The number you can call this team on is 1743

Grainne

Hi Guys,

Regards,
    Hi suave.4u,

In order to top up your phone online you will need to call our top up direct team and they will assist you in activating your account. The number you can call this team on is 1743

Grainne
    Hi Grainne,

I called them up and they topped it up for me.
    But even now when I click on "top up now" and try to top it up again, it says that the number is invalid.
    Also the link : "How do I register online and get free credit?" is not working.

Can you please have a look.

Regards,

Hi Guys,

Regards,
    Hi suave.4u,

Grainne
    Hi Grainne,

But even now when I click on "top up now" and try to top it up again, it says that the number is invalid.

Regards,
    Hi suave.4u,

When you spoke to this team did they give you a PIN number to access your top up account.

The correct place you need to log in can be found here

Grainne

Hi Guys,

Regards,
    Hi suave.4u,

Grainne
    Hi Grainne,

Regards,
    Hi suave.4u,

When you spoke to this team did they give you a PIN number to access your top up account.

Grainne
    No. the person said that I need to contact customer care for this. She did top up for me over the phone. However, even now I am getting "
    Invalid Mobile Number / Password" when I login to:

https://www.emobiletopup.ie/EircomIEExternalWeb/login.do

Also do I get any credit for this first registration?

Hi Guys,

Regards,
    Hi suave.4u,

Grainne
    Hi Grainne,

Regards,
    Hi suave.4u,

Grainne
    No. the person said that I need to contact customer care for this. She did top up for me over the phone. However, even now I am getting "
    Invalid Mobile Number / Password" when I login to:

https://www.emobiletopup.ie/EircomIEExternalWeb/login.do

Also do I get any credit for this first registration?
    Hi,

Have you tried to register your account on this link

Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

marvin80 wrote: »
    marvin80 wrote: »
    I was in an emobile store this evening looking to get the HTC M8 (€200) on the emobile unlimited + data plan (24 months). I gave all my details and the customer service rep rang to get my number ported.
    When he got off the phone he told me that the credit department requested that I give a €300 deposit which I will get back after 6 months.

I've been a Meteor bill pay customer and eircom broadband customer for at least 3 years. I have a direct debit set-up for both bills and have never been late paying any of those bills.

Considering I've been a loyal customer and never had any credit issues can you explain why this €300 deposit is required?
    Hi marvin80,

Any of our customers who want to open a new Bill Pay account with us are subject to credit approval and in some cases, a contract pre-payment may be requested before the contract can be fully processed.

Our store or customer care team would have no information available to them regarding your why your bill pay account application required this pre-payment. Further details can only be provided after we receive a signed written request from you.

In the letter, you will need to include the below:
    - Application ID number.
    - Date application made.
    - Your Name.
    - Your mobile number if you proceeded with the contract.
    - Where you bought the phone/broadband dongle.
    - Your written signature.

This request can be sent by post to our below address.
    FAO Credit Control,
    1 Heuston South Quarter,
    St Johns Road,
    Dublin 8
    Upon receipt of this letter we will contact you as soon as possible though I would note it can take up to 5 to 7 working days from the time we receive your letter to process this request.

Grainne
    Thanks Grainne.

I don't have the application ID number and I've tried ringing the shop but no answer.
    Is it ok to send the letter without it?
    Hi marvin80,

You would need to have the case id in order for this team to respond to you.

Grainne
    Hi again,

I sent this letter at least two weeks ago and have still not received any reply. Can you look into it for me please?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

Hi Grainne, 
    PM sent.

It's totally random when and where it happens, might happen twice one day then not again for another few days but then again I don't really use the phone that much.

Advertisement