Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Welcome to the eMobile thread, on Boards to answer your queries

Options

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 690 ✭✭✭eMobile: Grainne

Hi Grainne, 
    PM sent.

It's totally random when and where it happens, might happen twice one day then not again for another few days but then again I don't really use the phone that much.
    Thanks for the PM billy few mates,

Could you also PM me the locations these are happening and I will investigate.

Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

Hi Grainne,

Did you see my post? (#1920)

marvin80 wrote: »
    I was in an emobile store this evening looking to get the HTC M8 (€200) on the emobile unlimited + data plan (24 months). I gave all my details and the customer service rep rang to get my number ported.
    When he got off the phone he told me that the credit department requested that I give a €300 deposit which I will get back after 6 months.

I've been a Meteor bill pay customer and eircom broadband customer for at least 3 years. I have a direct debit set-up for both bills and have never been late paying any of those bills.

Considering I've been a loyal customer and never had any credit issues can you explain why this €300 deposit is required?
    Hi marvin80,

Any of our customers who want to open a new Bill Pay account with us are subject to credit approval and in some cases, a contract pre-payment may be requested before the contract can be fully processed.

Our store or customer care team would have no information available to them regarding your why your bill pay account application required this pre-payment. Further details can only be provided after we receive a signed written request from you.

In the letter, you will need to include the below:
    - Application ID number.
    - Date application made.
    - Your Name.
    - Your mobile number if you proceeded with the contract.
    - Where you bought the phone/broadband dongle.
    - Your written signature.

This request can be sent by post to our below address.
    FAO Credit Control,
    1 Heuston South Quarter,
    St Johns Road,
    Dublin 8
    Upon receipt of this letter we will contact you as soon as possible though I would note it can take up to 5 to 7 working days from the time we receive your letter to process this request.

Grainne
    Thanks Grainne.

I don't have the application ID number and I've tried ringing the shop but no answer.
    Is it ok to send the letter without it?
    Hi marvin80,

You would need to have the case id in order for this team to respond to you.

Grainne
    Hi again,

I sent this letter at least two weeks ago and have still not received any reply. Can you look into it for me please?
    Hi marvin80,

Could you advise did you register the letter and provide the case ID as I advised above?

Grainne

I was in an emobile store this evening looking to get the HTC M8 (€200) on the emobile unlimited + data plan (24 months). I gave all my details and the customer service rep rang to get my number ported.
    When he got off the phone he told me that the credit department requested that I give a €300 deposit which I will get back after 6 months.

I've been a Meteor bill pay customer and eircom broadband customer for at least 3 years. I have a direct debit set-up for both bills and have never been late paying any of those bills.

Considering I've been a loyal customer and never had any credit issues can you explain why this €300 deposit is required?
    Hi marvin80,

Any of our customers who want to open a new Bill Pay account with us are subject to credit approval and in some cases, a contract pre-payment may be requested before the contract can be fully processed.

Our store or customer care team would have no information available to them regarding your why your bill pay account application required this pre-payment. Further details can only be provided after we receive a signed written request from you.

- Application ID number.
    - Date application made.
    - Your Name.

FAO Credit Control,
    1 Heuston South Quarter,
    St Johns Road,
    Dublin 8
    Upon receipt of this letter we will contact you as soon as possible though I would note it can take up to 5 to 7 working days from the time we receive your letter to process this request.

Grainne
    Thanks Grainne.

I don't have the application ID number and I've tried ringing the shop but no answer.
    Hi marvin80,

Grainne
    Hi again,

I sent this letter at least two weeks ago and have still not received any reply. Can you look into it for me please?
    Hi marvin80,

Could you advise did you register the letter and provide the case ID as I advised above?

Grainne
    I went into the Liffey Valley shop and got the case ID, and provided that in the letter.

I didn't register the letter. 

Hi marvin80,

- Application ID number.
    - Date application made.
    - Your Name.

FAO Credit Control,
    1 Heuston South Quarter,
    St Johns Road,
    Dublin 8

Grainne
    Thanks Grainne.

Hi marvin80,

Grainne
    Hi again,

Hi marvin80,

Grainne
    I went into the Liffey Valley shop and got the case ID, and provided that in the letter.

Hi marvin80,

My apologies the address that this letter needs to be sent to has been recently changed. You will need to send this letter to Eircom Credit Vetting Team, Unit B West Cork Technology Park, Clonakilty, Co Cork

Grainne

• Advertisement

Hi marvin80,

- Application ID number.
    - Date application made.
    - Your Name.

FAO Credit Control,
    1 Heuston South Quarter,
    St Johns Road,
    Dublin 8

Grainne
    Thanks Grainne.

Hi marvin80,

Grainne
    Hi again,

Hi marvin80,

Grainne

Hi marvin80,

My apologies the address that this letter needs to be sent to has been recently changed. You will need to send this letter to Eircom Credit Vetting Team, Unit B West Cork Technology Park, Clonakilty, Co Cork

Grainne
    Has this letter been received at the Dublin office? and if so can they forward it onto the Cork office?

Hi marvin80,

- Application ID number.
    - Date application made.
    - Your Name.

FAO Credit Control,
    1 Heuston South Quarter,
    St Johns Road,
    Dublin 8

Grainne
    Thanks Grainne.

Hi marvin80,

Grainne
    Hi again,

Hi marvin80,

Grainne

Hi marvin80,

Grainne
    Has this letter been received at the Dublin office? and if so can they forward it onto the Cork office?
    Hi Marvin80,

Yes any letter that is received to the first address I advised would be re - directed to the Cork office.

Grainne

Hi marvin80,

- Application ID number.
    - Date application made.
    - Your Name.

FAO Credit Control,
    1 Heuston South Quarter,
    St Johns Road,
    Dublin 8

Grainne
    Thanks Grainne.

Hi marvin80,

Grainne
    Hi again,

Hi marvin80,

Grainne

Hi marvin80,

Grainne
    Hi Marvin80,

Yes any letter that is received to the first address I advised would be re - directed to the Cork office.

Grainne
    Thanks Grainne.

I'll give it another week, hopefully I get a reply.

Hi marvin80,

- Application ID number.
    - Date application made.
    - Your Name.

FAO Credit Control,
    1 Heuston South Quarter,
    St Johns Road,
    Dublin 8

Grainne
    Thanks Grainne.

Hi marvin80,

Grainne
    Hi again,

Hi marvin80,

Grainne

Hi marvin80,

Grainne
    Hi Marvin80,

Grainne
    Thanks Grainne.

I'll give it another week, hopefully I get a reply.
    No problem Marvin80,

Glad to help. Let me know if you don't get a reply and I will follow up.

Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭dragon5678

Hi eMobile

Just a quick question. My bill was due to be issued online on the 11th of April, as per last (2nd bill on the account), but the 11th was on a weekend this month and the bill hasn't been issued yet. I have also requested a change of direct debit details on my account (submitted online through the form) and the guy in customer care said the DD details will change when the bill is issued but theres still no bill so i cannot conform which account it will come out of :/

Any help will be appreciated and bill issued today online would be great :)

• Advertisement

dragon5678 wrote: »
    Hi eMobile

Just a quick question. My bill was due to be issued online on the 11th of April, as per last (2nd bill on the account), but the 11th was on a weekend this month and the bill hasn't been issued yet. I have also requested a change of direct debit details on my account (submitted online through the form) and the guy in customer care said the DD details will change when the bill is issued but theres still no bill so i cannot conform which account it will come out of :/

Hi dragon5678,

Could you PM me your mobile number and PIN I will look into this for you.

Also in regard to changing your direct debit it is no longer possible to change this online. You have to post the form to our credit control team.

Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭dragon5678

Hi eMobile

Hi dragon5678,

Also in regard to changing your direct debit it is no longer possible to change this online. You have to post the form to our credit control team.

Grainne
    PM Sent

Hi eMobile

Hi dragon5678,

Grainne
    PM Sent
    Thanks dragon5678,

I will get back to you shortly.

Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Moocifer

Just changed over my account from Emobile to another network.  However my Emobile account was in credit.  

For the last couple of months I've been receiving Emobile bills telling my I'm in credit but what I'd really like to know is how I can go about claiming a refund?

Moocifer wrote: »
    Just changed over my account from Emobile to another network.  However my Emobile account was in credit.  

For the last couple of months I've been receiving Emobile bills telling my I'm in credit but what I'd really like to know is how I can go about claiming a refund?
    Hi Moocifer,

Could you PM me your account number and old mobile number I will check this for you.

Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Hi there, I'm on the 30 day sim only plan.

Just got a new phone to use as a spare for music festivals etc, where I'd be afraid of losing my good phone.

Only problem is, the new phone takes a micro sim, and the other a regular sim.

Is it possible to get a duplicate sim issued that I can use in the new phone?

Thanks for your help.

UsedToWait wrote: »
    Hi there, I'm on the 30 day sim only plan.

Just got a new phone to use as a spare for music festivals etc, where I'd be afraid of losing my good phone.

Only problem is, the new phone takes a micro sim, and the other a regular sim.

Is it possible to get a duplicate sim issued that I can use in the new phone?

Thanks for your help.
    Hi UsedToWait,

Unfortunately it is not possible to be issued with two different SIM cards for the same number. Each time you want to use the SIM you would have to activate it.

Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Hi UsedToWait,

Unfortunately it is not possible to be issued with two different SIM cards for the same number. Each time you want to use the SIM you would have to activate it.

Grainne

Ah I suspected that.. Not to worry, will just have to get a sim cutter and adaptor

Thanks for your help :)

UsedToWait wrote: »
    Hi UsedToWait,

Grainne

Ah I suspected that.. Not to worry, will just have to get a sim cutter and adaptor

Thanks for your help :)
    No problem at all UsedToWait,

Sorry it wasn't a better outcome for you.

Grainne

Just a follow-up to this: http://www.boards.ie/ttfpost/90365894

I received the following letter:

“I refer to your letter requesting details regarding an eMobile bill pay application.

Unfortunately, at this time it was not possible to approve your application without a deposit.
    The vetting of all applications for a contract phone service was made in accordance with company policy, and as indicated on the Customer Application Form completed by you when you made your application for service.

The credit score you achieved was calculated on the basis of the information provided with your application.

No information was obtained from any Financial Institution or the ICB (Irish Credit Bureau) and our decision does not affect your credit history.
    We apologize for any inconvenience caused, but unfortunately we cannot reverse the decision on your bill pay application at this time.”

I’m very disappointed with this response and to be honest it seems like a standard response they would send out to all queries like mine.
    Because of this, after an accumulative of at least 9 years as a customer of the Eircom Group where every bill was paid on time, I will be looking for a new mobile provider and home phone/broadband provider.

Could I get a contact email or postal address for the complaints department please?

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 424 Verified rep eMobile: Tony

Just a follow-up to this: http://www.boards.ie/ttfpost/90365894

I received the following letter:

“I refer to your letter requesting details regarding an eMobile bill pay application.

Unfortunately, at this time it was not possible to approve your application without a deposit.
    The vetting of all applications for a contract phone service was made in accordance with company policy, and as indicated on the Customer Application Form completed by you when you made your application for service.

The credit score you achieved was calculated on the basis of the information provided with your application.

No information was obtained from any Financial Institution or the ICB (Irish Credit Bureau) and our decision does not affect your credit history.
    We apologize for any inconvenience caused, but unfortunately we cannot reverse the decision on your bill pay application at this time.”

I’m very disappointed with this response and to be honest it seems like a standard response they would send out to all queries like mine.
    Because of this, after an accumulative of at least 9 years as a customer of the Eircom Group where every bill was paid on time, I will be looking for a new mobile provider and home phone/broadband provider.

Could I get a contact email or postal address for the complaints department please?
    Hi marvin80,

If you would like to make an official complaint you can contact ccm@eircom.ie

Thanks,

Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Would you be able to tell me how much credit I've spent on my account please? 

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Hi Kitty6277,

Are you looking to check this from when you joined the network?

I would only have access to the last 6 months.

If you PM your mobile number and PIN I can advise.

Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Hi Kitty6277,

Grainne
    Yeah, in the last six months is fine.

Hi Kitty6277,

Grainne
    Yeah, in the last six months is fine.
    No problem Kitty6277,

Once I receive your details I will process this.

Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Mister Gooey

Hi. I want to change my eMobile mobile phone, an upgrade. What stores in Dublin can I do this?

Hi. I want to change my eMobile mobile phone, an upgrade. What stores in Dublin can I do this?
    Hi Mister Gooey,

We have three stores in Dublin. You can view all our stores here

Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Hi,

I'm currently on the Emobile Unlimited+data plan and I'm currently out of contract and due an upgrade.

I was thinking of getting the HTC One (M8) and looking at the website it would cost 229 for the phone and €24 for the first 6 months.

Can you tell me, as an existing customer would I get this discounted bill rate also if I was to upgrade to the M8 on a 24 month contract?

Caliden wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm currently on the Emobile Unlimited+data plan and I'm currently out of contract and due an upgrade.

I was thinking of getting the HTC One (M8) and looking at the website it would cost 229 for the phone and €24 for the first 6 months.

Can you tell me, as an existing customer would I get this discounted bill rate also if I was to upgrade to the M8 on a 24 month contract?
    Hi Caliden,

You would have to check this with our upgrade team. You can call this team on 1800303454 and an agent will let you know.

Grainne

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 977 ✭✭✭suave.4u

Hi Guys,

I am on select 100 (20 euros per month for 12 months). Next month the contract gets over.
    Will bill bill amount be the same or will it drop to 15 euro per month (cause this option was there when I bought the phone, but the contract was for 18 months).

Regards,
    Suave

Advertisement