Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Welcome to the eMobile thread, on Boards to answer your queries

Options

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 690 ✭✭✭eMobile: Grainne

suave.4u wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

I am on select 100 (20 euros per month for 12 months). Next month the contract gets over.
    Will bill bill amount be the same or will it drop to 15 euro per month (cause this option was there when I bought the phone, but the contract was for 18 months).

Regards,
    Suave
    Hi Suave,

When your contract ends the price of your plan will remain the same as your current price.

Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭hairyairyfairy

Hi

If I am on an eMobile contract but want to change to a different eMobile contract, ie break my current contract, will i be charged a cancellation fee? Or any other fees for breaking the contract even though I will still be with eMobile?
    Thx

Hi

If I am on an eMobile contract but want to change to a different eMobile contract, ie break my current contract, will i be charged a cancellation fee? Or any other fees for breaking the contract even though I will still be with eMobile?
    Thx
    Hi hairyairyfairy,

It would depend on what plan your looking to change to. If you PM me your mobile number and PIN and the plan you want to change to I can advise if this is possible.

Grainne

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Hi,[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I signed up to emobile a couple of weeks ago specifically to take advantage of the €24 per month 4G sim only plan for eircom customers.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Just received the first bill and it looks like I've been switched without my knowledge to the €35 per month plan.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]How would I go about switching to the plan I signed up for?[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Thanks[/font]

Graham wrote: »

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I signed up to emobile a couple of weeks ago specifically to take advantage of the €24 per month 4G sim only plan for eircom customers.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Just received the first bill and it looks like I've been switched without my knowledge to the €35 per month plan.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]How would I go about switching to the plan I signed up for?[/font]

Hi Graham,

My apologies your plan was changed without your consent. Could you PM your mobile number and PIN I will certainly investigate this.

Grainne

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 977 ✭✭✭suave.4u

suave.4u wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

I am on select 100 (20 euros per month for 12 months). Next month the contract gets over.
    Will bill bill amount be the same or will it drop to 15 euro per month (cause this option was there when I bought the phone, but the contract was for 18 months).

Regards,
    Suave
    Hi Suave,

When your contract ends the price of your plan will remain the same as your current price.

Grainne
    Hi Grainne,

I do not understand the logic in this.
    I had to choose either:
    15 euros/month for 18 months
    or
    20 euros/month for 1 year.

When an year is over, my contract period is also over. By saying that I still need to be on 20 euros/month, you are forcing me to break the contact and take a new one with 15 euros/month

Also can you let me know when my contract ends..

Regards,

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Hi Graham,

My apologies your plan was changed without your consent. Could you PM your mobile number and PIN I will certainly investigate this.

Grainne
    Hi Grainne,

I think the same thing happened to me. I will PM you separately, thank you.

Uriel. wrote: »

Hi Graham,

Grainne
    Hi Grainne,

I think the same thing happened to me. I will PM you separately, thank you.
    No problem Uriel.

Once I get your details I will look into this.

Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

How's it going. Just a quick one. I'm on Bill Pay (the €35 deal for friends/family of Eircom deal). First time I'll be using a Bill phone abroad and just wondering the costs, I looked on the website http://roaming.emobile.ie/billpay/es.html. Is there no "Buy a roaming data add-on (For 50MB)" option available?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭tomdempsey200

i went way over by mistake for the first time on my bill

got charged for additional text messages over the space of a week

fair enough ..everyone has to keep track of their usage

when i rang to enquire why i didn't get a warning message about exceeding my allowance

they told me the texts don't always go out???

ridiculous emobile...either make sure the system works or don't bother with it at all

• Advertisement

Gavin wrote: »
    How's it going. Just a quick one. I'm on Bill Pay (the €35 deal for friends/family of Eircom deal). First time I'll be using a Bill phone abroad and just wondering the costs, I looked on the website http://roaming.emobile.ie/billpay/es.html. Is there no "Buy a roaming data add-on (For 50MB)" option available?
    Hi Gavin "shels",

Could you advise what country are you going roaming in? If you wish I can activate the data add - on for you.

Grainne

i went way over by mistake for the first time on my bill

got charged for additional text messages over the space of a week

fair enough ..everyone has to keep track of their usage

when i rang to enquire why i didn't get a warning message about exceeding my allowance

they told me the texts don't always go out???

ridiculous emobile...either make sure the system works or don't bother with it at all
    Hi tomdempsey200,

Could you PM your mobile number and PIN I will investigate why you did not receive the text message.

Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Hi Gavin "shels",

Could you advise what country are you going roaming in? If you wish I can activate the data add - on for you.

Grainne
    Cheers for the reply Grainne. I'll be roaming in Spain, not for another 5 weeks though. Is it the €9.99 for 55mb option?

Hi Gavin "shels",

Grainne
    Cheers for the reply Grainne. I'll be roaming in Spain, not for another 5 weeks though. Is it the €9.99 for 55mb option?
    No problem Gavin "shels",

Before you go roaming to Spain all you need to do is text 'data EU' to 50104 and this will opt you in for 50MB of data at a cost of €9.99

Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭tony007

I was wondering if I could get more information on Mobile broadband 10.16 euro a month deal?
    http://www.emobile.ie/phonesplansmore/broadband/#mbl-broadband-billpay

This link has very little information on the topic. 

tony007 wrote: »
    I was wondering if I could get more information on Mobile broadband 10.16 euro a month deal?
    http://www.emobile.ie/phonesplansmore/broadband/#mbl-broadband-billpay

This link has very little information on the topic. 
    Hi tony007,

What information are you looking to get on this plan? The plan gives you 10GB of data for 12 months. The half price of €10.16 is for half of the length of the contract and then changes to 20.32 per month after that.

Grainne

Two people sign up to the exact same emobile plan, on exactly the same day (within minutes of each other).  Same billing dates, same direct debit dates and nothing used outside of the included packages.

One is charged €45.57
    The other is charged €27.16

Are the billing amounts pulled out of a lucky bag or is there a more rational explanation?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

The €35 sim only plan with unlimited calls,texts and data 15 gb does this plan come with 4G? Thanks.

Bump

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭boredatwork82

See below transcript from live chat. Such useless customer care!

Welcome to our live chat service. A member of our team will help you shortly.

You are now connected with Kevin
    me: this is my third time onto customer care in the last 2 days
    me: I cannot access my emobile
    Kevin: I understand Brian, no problem, give me one moment while I take care of that for you...
    Kevin: Sorry for the delay Brian Moore , I’m still looking into that for you.
    Kevin: Are you registered already and have you tried using another browser Brain?
    me: I am registered I think as I have used it before
    me: I have change my pin
    me: I have tried it on 3 different devices
    Kevin: One moment please, I'll check that for you...
    me: tried it on a 4th device there but it didn't work
    me: is the pin definitely <snip>?
    Kevin: You have not registered I have just checked, here is a link to do so just look below.
    Kevin: Click here, please.
    me: I did that.
    me: Now it tells me my account is timed out.
    me: How come I was able to use this before if I was not registered.
    me: This is such crap service
    Kevin: Ok thats means it locked for a maximum of half an hour Brian so I suggest to wait that long and then try again. I am sorry you feel that way but we have no reported issues with online accounts.
    me: This is my 3rd time dealing with customer care over this.
    Kevin: I understand but we have no reported issues with our network and I cannot see that you have registered for the online account as of yet so I suggest to wait a half an hour and wait again to try.
    me: I have just ordered a new upgrade and contract. If this is not resolved within the next hour I will be availing of the 7 day cooling off period.
    me: and returning my phone.
    me: and cancelling my contract
    Kevin: Im sorry you feel that way and we will get this issue resolved for you,We wouldn’t deal with ceasing an account here but if you ring 1901 they can transfer you through to Cancellations for further assistance.
    me: In one hour if my online account isn't up and running I will then cancel my contract upgrade/extension.
    Kevin: Is there anything else I can help you with today?
    me: It appears you can't actually resolve any issues, so is there any point in asking you for help with other issues?
    Kevin: Thank you for using our chat service today Brian Moore . We do value your comments & opinions so you may receive a feedback survey via e-mail in the next 72 hours, please take the time to fill this in as this will contribute to improving our service. Also please continue to use our online website to keep up to date with any new promotions or offers we have available for you. Again thank you for chatting and have a nice day.
    This session has been closed by eMobile

• Advertisement

When a company decides to use 'social media' as a communications channel, it is generally considered good practice to actually include some element of communication.

All this thread is missing is a pop-up every 30 seconds explaining 'your post is important to us' while some accompanying muzak plays in the background.

Just an update from my case. I received the phone this morning.

Even though I was told the order was cancelled. I rang your team of simpletons on 1890690000 to be told that I have to take a time out of my work schedule to return the phone in the post office as its too big to fit in a post box.

I don't have time for this. Please send a courier around to pick up your phone from me.

The phone is here and available for pick up when ever you want to pick it up. The ball is in your court Emobile - you shower of useless ignorant customer service people.

I can't wait to port away from ye later on today.

by the way still no resolution 3 days on sorting out my online account access!
    Anyone reading this - You pay for what you get, pay peanuts, get monkeys giving you technical support.

Any chance of an answer to my above post ??

I don't think they respond here. - I wonder where that 8hrs response time figure comes from?

I have asked a question 9 days ago and still no answer. Eircom you just lost a potential customer what a joke.

Grainne I sent you a PM. Please reply

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Two people sign up to the exact same emobile plan, on exactly the same day (within minutes of each other).  Same billing dates, same direct debit dates and nothing used outside of the included packages.

One is charged €45.57
    The other is charged €27.16

Are the billing amounts pulled out of a lucky bag or is there a more rational explanation?
    Hi Graham

If you have billing related queries please contact our accounts team on 1901 or via webchat here: http://www.emobile.ie/contact/

Thanks
    Al

Just an update from my case. I received the phone this morning.

Even though I was told the order was cancelled. I rang your team of simpletons on 1890690000 to be told that I have to take a time out of my work schedule to return the phone in the post office as its too big to fit in a post box.

I don't have time for this. Please send a courier around to pick up your phone from me.

The phone is here and available for pick up when ever you want to pick it up. The ball is in your court Emobile - you shower of useless ignorant customer service people.

I can't wait to port away from ye later on today.

by the way still no resolution 3 days on sorting out my online account access!
    Anyone reading this - You pay for what you get,  pay peanuts, get monkeys giving you technical support.
    Hello boredatwork82

Apologies for the delays, To arrange cancellation you will need to contact 1800690000.

Thanks
    Al

TheTorment wrote: »
    Grainne I sent you a PM. Please reply
    Hi TheTorment

Hi TheTorment

Unfortunately Grainne is no longer with emobile, we will not have access to her PM's however please raise any concerns or queries via webchat here: http://www.emobile.ie/contact/

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement

I have asked a question 9 days ago and still no answer. Eircom you just lost a potential customer what a joke.
    Hi Heisenberg1

I'm very sorry for the delays, that plan does not included 4g however a full list of 4G plans can be found here: http://www.emobile.ie/phonesplansmore/plans/postpay/detailsBundles/?gid=135

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement