Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Welcome to the eMobile thread, on Boards to answer your queries

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

Thank you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Thank you
    No worries Heisenberg1

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Hi emobile,

My Galaxy S4, bought a couple months back, has developed a very annoying 'echo' for all incoming callers to me.
    Any ideas on how to resolve this, as it's getting embarrassing repeatedly fielding calls from the same people and having to have the same conversation about why they can hear their own voices a second after speaking.

Thanks, 
    Alan.

Al Capwned wrote: »
    Hi emobile,

My Galaxy S4, bought a couple months back, has developed a very annoying 'echo' for all incoming callers to me.
    Any ideas on how to resolve this, as it's getting embarrassing repeatedly fielding calls from the same people and having to have the same conversation about why they can hear their own voices a second after speaking.

Thanks, 
    Alan.

Hi Al Capwned

Have you done any recent updates on the phone? Have you noticed if it's just with certain numbers, or all numbers?

Thanks

Alan

• Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭leche solara

Emobile has stopped taking my direct debit each month and then penalises me for being late.  I have sent a PM to Alan a few days ago, but got no reply.  This is a ridiculous service.

• Advertisement

Emobile has stopped taking my direct debit each month and then penalises me for being late.  I have sent a PM to Alan a few days ago, but got no reply.  This is a ridiculous service.

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Hi leche solara

I see your PM you sent at 7pm on Friday evening, please be aware that we operate from 12 to 6pm Monday to Friday with an approximate 24 hour timeframe for response.

I will have my emobile colleague look in to this and get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks

Al[/font]

[font=Times New Roman","serif] [/font]

Hi leche solara

Can you also confirm your pin by PM please?

Thanks
    Al

Hi leche solara

I see your PM you sent at 7pm on Friday evening, please be aware that we operate from 12 to 6pm Monday to Friday with an approximate 24 hour timeframe for response.

I will have my emobile colleague look in to this and get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks

Al

The panel at the side of this page says the response time is 14 hours, and you now say its 24 hours.  Which is it?  You were able to reply to my post here within 5 minutes; when were you going to reply to the PM?  Anyway 2nd PM sent.

Hi leche solara

Thanks

Al

The panel at the side of this page says the response time is 14 hours, and you now say its 24 hours.  Which is it?  You were able to reply to my post here within 5 minutes; when were you going to reply to the PM?  Anyway 2nd PM sent.

Hi leche solara

The panel is indicative of the response time we managed to reach in the past week and not indicative of the response time advised.

If you require immediate assistance please try the web chat service here: http://www.emobile.ie/contact/ - chat is offline this means it's currently busy and a few minutes wait may be required.

Thanks for your second PM including your PIN, at present I am awaiting more information from emobile however as soon as I have more information I will let you know right away.

Al

Hi leche solara,

Emobile accounts have advised me that the reason why the direct debit has not been applied for recently is because there were two rejected payments on the 10/04 & 17/04. When a direct debit has been rejected twice we won’t apply again until a manual payment has been made.

Once you make the payment using a credit/debit card by calling customer care your direct debit will be reinstated.

If you’ve any other questions just let me know.
    Alan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

hi,
    I am on a emobile business plan.
    I have free minutes to mobiles and unlimited minutes to landline
    if i have to ring 0762 number, would it count as free landline or will I be charged per minute?

hi,
    I am on a emobile business plan.
    I have free minutes to mobiles and unlimited minutes to landline
    if i have to ring 0762 number, would it count as free landline or will I be charged per minute?
    Hi bittihuduga

Your landline minutes would only apply to landlines within the republic of Ireland.

Thanks
    Al

Hi leche solara,

Emobile accounts have advised me that the reason why the direct debit has not been applied for recently is because there were two rejected payments on the 10/04 & 17/04. When a direct debit has been rejected twice we won’t apply again until a manual payment has been made.

Once you make the payment using a credit/debit card by calling customer care your direct debit will be reinstated.

If you’ve any other questions just let me know.
    Alan
    The reason why the direct debits were rejected was because emobile has not sent my direct debit mandate to my bank.  This is what I am trying to get sorted out since March.  I should not have to make payment by any other means.  I authorised emobile to collect direct debits from my bank account, but until such time as emobile notify my bank of such authorisation my bank will not pay anything over to emobile, as without the mandate the bank take the view that emobile do not have my authority to collect the payments.  This should be a very simple process but it seems to be beyond the capability of anyone in emobile to fix. 

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Hi emobile,

Thanks, 
    Alan.

Hi Al Capwned

Have you done any recent updates on the phone? Have you noticed if it's just with certain numbers, or all numbers?

Thanks

Alan
    All numbers as far as I can tell, and no recent updates.

Hi emobile,

Thanks, 
    Alan.

Hi Al Capwned

Thanks

Alan
    All numbers as far as I can tell, and no recent updates.

Hi Al Capwned

Sounds like there may be a hardware issue there. I’d suggest you bring the phone to your nearest store for one of our store reps to take a look. The phone is still under its manufacturer’s warranty so if needs be we’ll send it off for repair. However, before you do, I’d also suggest removing/uninstalling any Apps you recently downloaded – just to be sure they’re not at fault here.

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Darando

Has emobile cut back on its 3G speeds recently for data? Previously used to get speeds over over 3Mb (Dublin) but recently nothing above 1.5MB when tested over the past few weeks after noticing slow downloading of pages. The connection speed was one of the positives over Tesco and other carriers but now struggling to see a benefit from emobile offerings.

Has the numbers of users goen through the roof with the offers and bandwidth caused it?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Hi, I'm on Bill Pay and heading to Spain on Saturday. Just wondering is the [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Pay As You Go Broadband roaming day pass [/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif](For 50MB) [/font]available on Bill Pay or only PAYG?

• Company Representative Posts: 424 Verified rep eMobile: Tony

Gavin wrote: »
    Hi, I'm on Bill Pay and heading to Spain on Saturday. Just wondering is the [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Pay As You Go Broadband roaming day pass [/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif](For 50MB) [/font]available on Bill Pay or only PAYG?

Hi Gavin,

Yep, it sure is, just keep in mind this is only available within the EU.

Also, bill pay customers who go over their add-on allowance will be charged at standard daily rates of up to €1 per day for 50MB. If you go over 50MB in any given day you will then be charged at a rate of 2c per MB.

I hope this answers your query,

Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭mags16

Hi there, I'm on holiday in Italy at the moment but my iphone 4 isn't connecting to any of the carriers. I go into settings - network - carrier, turn off automatic. The phone finds 4 networks but is unable to connect to any of them. My partner has an iPhone 4s and the same plan but has no problem connecting. I've never been able to connect to other networks on this phone and eMobile.

Can you help? I'm keen to keep in touch with home while I'm away.

mags16 wrote: »
    Hi there, I'm on holiday in Italy at the moment but my iphone 4 isn't connecting to any of the carriers. I go into settings - network - carrier, turn off automatic. The phone finds 4 networks but is unable to connect to any of them. My partner has an iPhone 4s and the same plan but has no problem connecting. I've never been able to connect to other networks on this phone and eMobile.

Can you help? I'm keen to keep in touch with home while I'm away.
    Hi mags16

Can you PM me your monile number and PIN please, I'll look in to this.

Al

• Advertisement

Hi mags16

Thanks for the PM,
    Roaming was not added to your account, I've just added it now so all you need to do is turn off and back on your phone and try connecting again.

Let me know how it works out please :)

Thanks
    Al

Darando wrote: »
    Has emobile cut back on its 3G speeds recently for data? Previously used to get speeds over over 3Mb (Dublin) but recently nothing above 1.5MB when tested over the past few weeks after noticing slow downloading of pages. The connection speed was one of the positives over Tesco and other carriers but now struggling to see a benefit from emobile offerings.

Has the numbers of users goen through the roof with the offers and bandwidth caused it?
    ?? full 3G bars btw.. (cynic says either too many new sign-ups or a plan to force people onto 4G)

hi
    Can I have the unlocking codes for my phone please?

TheTorment wrote: »
    hi
    Can I have the unlocking codes for my phone please?
    Hi TheTorment

To request the unlocking code please contact customer care on free phone 1800690000 or free phone 1749 - please also ensure you have the IMEI number to hand.

If you don't have your IMEI number please dial *#06# on the device in question and it will appear on screen.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭newcavanman

I posted a request for assistance regarding the inability of my phone to connect to your network on your Letstalk forum , As yet i have had no response. Can you give me some idea of what the usual response time might be?

I posted a request for assistance regarding the inability of my phone to connect to your network on your Letstalk forum , As yet i have had no response. Can you give me some idea of what the usual response time might be?
    Hi newcavanman

If you could inform me of your username on the lets talk forum I will send this on and request this to be followed up as soon as possible.

The advised response timeframe is approx 24 hours.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭newcavanman

Hi newcavanman

If you could inform me of your username on the lets talk forum I will send this on and request this to be followed up as soon as possible.

Thanks
    Al
    well to be honest, if the best that the company's own forum can manage is 24 hours, then perhaps i should have come here first

Hi newcavanman

Thanks
    Al
    well to be honest, if the best that the company's own forum can manage is 24 hours, then perhaps i should have come here first
    Hi newcavanman

I'll send this on to be responded as soon as possible, the advised response here is also 24 hours, the 13hrs indicated to the right of this page is indicative of the response time I manage to reach although you are more than welcome to post any query you may have :)

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Good Morning eMobile team. 

My HTC One (M8) bought on billpay in May has started to experience difficulties in the last couple of weeks. Callers can't hear me even though I can hear them perfect. I tested the microphone and it seems that voice recording etc. also does not work. There's a second loudspeaker microphone on the phone and this works fine (i.e. callers can hear me perfectly when I use the speakerphone).

I did some research and it appears to be a known issue on the phone.

In terms of repair, obviously still under warranty etc. but what is the best way to organise same? Drop into an emobile store? Most importantly, will it be possible to get a substitute phone while this one is in for repair?

Thanks.

• Advertisement

Hmm, still no response to my query..No doubt it will be a stock answer..no we haven't cut back!

Advertisement