Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Welcome to the eMobile thread, on Boards to answer your queries

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭kiersm

Thanks Steve,

I'm actually interested in any Limerick stores.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭tommyhaas

Hi TommyHaas,

As per our help page over here:

So let me get this straight, once I top up I have to monitor my remaining allowance right up until the point my allowance is zero?

Essentially, every 5 minutes I have to go back in, request a balance, and wait for the text or its going to cost me €3 once my allowance is up? This despite the fact I've specifically requested a new 30 day pass minutes earlier?

Is this what I'm expected to do? And if so, do you think that's in any way reasonable or practical?

A good example is prior to topping up the other day, my allowance was insufficient to allow me to open up this site. As such, I topped up by €20, requested a monthly pass, received confirmation that my monthly pass was still valid and then connected, yet it still put me back on a day pass

How exactly do I get around this? Is there any logical reason, other then to dupe people into unknowingly paying for a day pass that such a ridiculous system is in place?
    Can I ask what number you were calling to get through to customer care?

Thanks,

-Steve

Yea it was a Vodafone phone, but the number I dialled in when my broadband number was requested was the emobile sim number

• Registered Users Posts: 86,608 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Hi Steve,

Where can I get a replacement battery for a Samsung Cobble mobile phone please?

• Company Representative Posts: 321 Verified rep eMobile: Steve

kiersm wrote: »
    Thanks Steve,

I'm actually interested in any Limerick stores.

Hi Kiersm,

I don't have a timeframe yet as regards when it'll be rolled out to those stores but when I get one i'll let you know.

-Steve

tommyhaas wrote: »
    So let me get this straight, once I top up I have to monitor my remaining allowance right up until the point my allowance is zero?

Essentially, every 5 minutes I have to go back in, request a balance, and wait for the text or its going to cost me €3 once my allowance is up? This despite the fact I've specifically requested a new 30 day pass minutes earlier?

Is this what I'm expected to do? And if so, do you think that's in any way reasonable or practical?

A good example is prior to topping up the other day, my allowance was insufficient to allow me to open up this site. As such, I topped up by €20, requested a monthly pass, received confirmation that my monthly pass was still valid and then connected, yet it still put me back on a day pass

How exactly do I get around this? Is there any logical reason, other then to dupe people into unknowingly paying for a day pass that such a ridiculous system is in place?

Yea it was a Vodafone phone, but the number I dialled in when my broadband number was requested was the emobile sim number

Hi There,

I can assure you that there is no desire on our part to dupe anyone. This looks like it may be a technical error on your account; would you be able to PM me your eMobile BB number along with a contact number for yourself? I'm going to have a chat with our technical team about this and see what's causing this issue.

Hope this helps,

-Steve

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Hi Steve,

Where can I get a replacement battery for a Samsung Cobble mobile phone please?

Hi There,

Where is your nearest eMobile store and I'll check to see if they have one in stock?

-Steve

• Registered Users Posts: 86,608 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Hi There,

Where is your nearest eMobile store and I'll check to see if they have one in stock?

-Steve

Cork City

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Faq

Hi Steve i will be changing from billpay to prepay when my 12 months are up i rang customer care to get this sorted but i was told i need to e-mail cancellations but i have forgoten the address can you help me ?

Thanks Steve

Do you know if they going to be offering them in any sort of a deal with billpay phones?

Thanks Steve

Do you know if they going to be offering them in any sort of a deal with billpay phones?

AFAIK they usually run on the BB tariffs.

-Steve

• Advertisement

Faq wrote: »
    Hi Steve i will be changing from billpay to prepay when my 12 months are up i rang customer care to get this sorted but i was told i need to e-mail cancellations but i have forgoten the address can you help me ?

Hi there,

If you send it through here:

https://secure.emobile.ie/app/contactUsCustomer

and mark it for our cancellations team, they will look after it from there.

Hope this helps,

-Steve

Thanks again Steve for all your help,

As soon as you know a date for Limerick/Kerry Stores let me know please. & if there are going to be any deals too.

Kiersm

Thanks again Steve for all your help,

As soon as you know a date for Limerick/Kerry Stores let me know please. & if there are going to be any deals too.

Kiersm

Will do, though keep an eye on the eMobile.ie site also as that will contain pricing etc. too.

-Steve

I have been keeping an eye on the site but there's nothing bout the tablet on it

I have been keeping an eye on the site but there's nothing bout the tablet on it

The previous tablet was only retailed in store, so it wouldn't be up there. I'll get confirmation to let you know if we are retailing it online.

Either way, if the tablet is being retailed outside these locations, i'll update the thread to let you know.

-Steve

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭LH2011

hi Steve, I am on an emobile 30 day sim only contract, i went into a vodafone store to port the number however the port was rejected by emobile,

vodafone tell me its an issue with emobile and that there is a pending port on my account.. i called emobile and they tell me too call vodafone..... its an emobile issue and emobile are being of no use or help..

Steve can you assist?

LH2011 wrote: »
    hi Steve, I am on an emobile 30 day sim only contract, i went into a vodafone store to port the number however the port was rejected by emobile,

vodafone tell me its an issue with emobile and that there is a pending port on my account.. i called emobile and they tell me too call vodafone..... its an emobile issue and emobile are being of no use or help..

Steve can you assist?

Hi There,

There are many reasons that a port can fail, however until I see the account I can't comment either way. Can you PM me your number?

Thanks,

Steve

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Canonfan

Hi Steve,

I was buying a bill pay phone online and was asked €300 deposit. Is this normal or because I chose Nationality as 'Far East'?

It's sad as I use Eircom business broadband in my shop (Internet cafe) and at home.

Regards

Canonfan

Canonfan wrote: »
    Hi Steve,

I was buying a bill pay phone online and was asked €300 deposit. Is this normal or because I chose Nationality as 'Far East'?

It's sad as I use Eircom business broadband in my shop (Internet cafe) and at home.

Regards

Canonfan

Hi Canonfan,

All bill pay applications are subject to credit vetting that may occasionally result in a deposit being required. It’s all dependant on the customers credit rating and the product they are purchasing so the deposit varies. If they do pay a deposit it will be refunded after their 6th bill so means they will have a credit on their 7th bill that can be used against future bills.

However if you would like I can give you the details for our credit control team and they can advise why you were asked for that specific deposit.

Hope this helps,

Steve

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭Doirtybirdy

Hi Steve,
    I see you have a 3 months free offer running at the moment.
    If I port to you on a sim only basis,do I get that offer? I'm an eircom customer.
    Presumably there is a 12 month contract to avail of the 3 months free offer? As obviously if you are giving us 3 months free you don't want us leaving after the 3 months.

I don't want to buy a phone at this time,I've no problems with a 12 month contract.It's the emobile select smart 300 that I'm interested in.

Also am I right in thinking that emobile is on meteor masts? I ask because I know 3g meteor reception is brilliant in my area,the best of all the networks.
    I can see the local meteor mast from my house albeit 3 miles away.

Thanks

• Advertisement

Hi Steve,
    I see you have a 3 months free offer running at the moment.
    If I port to you on a sim only basis,do I get that offer? I'm an eircom customer.
    Presumably there is a 12 month contract to avail of the 3 months free offer? As obviously if you are giving us 3 months free you don't want us leaving after the 3 months.

I don't want to buy a phone at this time,I've no problems with a 12 month contract.It's the emobile select smart 300 that I'm interested in.

Also am I right in thinking that emobile is on meteor masts? I ask because I know 3g meteor reception is brilliant in my area,the best of all the networks.
    I can see the local meteor mast from my house albeit 3 miles away.

Thanks

Hi Doirtybirdy,

You can find all the info on pricing for the plans here:

www.emobile.ie/phonesplansmore/plans/postpay/

though you are right, this is not available on SIM only plans so you would be looking at a 12 month contract.

We do operate off the same mast structures as them though you can view our coverage maps here:

http://www.emobile.ie/phonesplansmore/coverage/

I hope this helps and if you need anything else just give me a shout.

-Steve

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭caroline72

Hi Steve,

As of this morning, I cannot make or send texts. Can receive and browse internet. I'm on unlimited plan,joined emobile fri. Please help!

Thanks

caroline72 wrote: »
    Hi Steve,

As of this morning, I cannot make or send texts. Can receive and browse internet. I'm on unlimited plan,joined emobile fri. Please help!

Thanks

Hi Caroline,

What's the message centre number on your phone...? Can you DM me your number?

-Steve

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭BravoMike

Hi Steve, could you give us a date as to when emobile are releasing the Iphone 4S?

BravoMike wrote: »
    Hi Steve, could you give us a date as to when emobile are releasing the Iphone 4S?

We're looking at the 28th of this month... Though no pricing available as of yet.

-Steve

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Kittywog

I received this request from a company that I wish to register with "Please provide us with an alternate personalized email address for this account, as we do not accept general inbox email addresses" does anybody know how to get a personalised email address within eircom.net?
    regards
    kittywog

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭theavenger

Hi Steve,

Im thinking of switching to your unlimited plan, do you know by any chance will you have any iphone 4 16gb or 32gb coming into stock anytime soon as they are both out of stock on the website.

i am aware that the 4s is out at the end of the month.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭BravoMike

Hi Steve,

I am thinking of going on the unlimited plan for 12 months and wondering can I get the Iphone 4S on this tariff? Will I have to undergo a credit rating?

Kittywog wrote: »
    I received this request from a company that I wish to register with "Please provide us with an alternate personalized email address for this account, as we do not accept general inbox email addresses" does anybody know how to get a personalised email address within eircom.net?
    regards
    kittywog

Hi Kittywog,

Are you currently in receipt of any of any of eircom's online services?

-Steve

• Advertisement

theavenger wrote: »
    Hi Steve,

Im thinking of switching to your unlimited plan, do you know by any chance will you have any iphone 4 16gb or 32gb coming into stock anytime soon as they are both out of stock on the website.

i am aware that the 4s is out at the end of the month.

Hi The Avenger,

There have been some issues with stock levels of the iPhone4 recently but this should be rectified shortly.

-Steve

Advertisement