Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Save us from the Schlecks......Grrrrrrr!

• 17-01-2011 5:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,452 ✭✭✭

The Schlecks dont make it easy for non-biased fans to warm to them, do they....?

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/schleck-brothers-rate-likely-tour-de-france-rivals

Apart from slapping themselves on the back at regular stages (though when was humility part of any elite athletes tool-kit ....) they really do like to talk down fellow competitors.

I think it will be a case of ABS (Anyone-But-the-Schlecks) for me in this years events.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭lukester

In that piece they only are critical of Sastre, who was critical of them. Their assessment of the other challengers for the Tour seems spot on to me, although I think they're overly generous towards Evans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

I personally don't have a problem with the Schlecks, altho maybe Frank is a bit over-hyped!, Andy is a clear fav for the Tour, but Basso is a lively outsider. I guess its ABC for me, C=cheats !!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,141 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

maybe Frank is a bit over-advisedhyped

FYP :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

To me the Schlecks are cyclings equivalent of the Neville brothers.

Over-hyped but will be around forever......

Also riding for a team which has far too much money buying up the best riders and with a cnut in charge (Kim Anderson/Beetroot face)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭MrCreosote

I think they're great!

From Andy's refusal to attack without Fränk, to his stomach being full of anger. I even like Fränk's redundant umlaut- we're just jealous we don't have one.

They have never tested positive either- just the breath of fresh air the sport needs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,141 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

As I'm sure Mario would confirm, the problem with the Schlecks from a sporting perspective is, if anything, their metrosexual inoffensiveness.

More aggressiveness please Andy. Feel the hatred.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Fender76

Schlecks = Borrrring......:rolleyes:

Advertisement