Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Confessions of a Monday Muser

• 17-01-2011 5:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭

Around Christmas, there was the Tweetbate of "Do you tend to finish your games?" and a few Monday Musings...These were inspiration for this edition of Monday Musing - yes, I am Mark O'Beirne.

My XBox has been blipping constantly for the past while - friend requests, messages and party invites :) Be warned, being an internet celebrity isn't all it's cracked up to be!

The original message read, "you've been featured." And then the deluge started...Now, I'm cursing Microsoft for their limits - there's friend limits which means I can't do the polite thing and accept every one. There are message time limits (so that I can't spam responses to everyone)...and now I have hit the limit for sending messages to people outside my friend list in one day.

For the most part, people have agreed which is nice. Couple of messages of disagreement including one which read, "you sir, are bent." I liked that one for its use of "you sir" :D And yes, he got a response back - and not a "fuuuuck you" :)

The frequency of blips has slowed but I think that's because my friend list has 100 names (between awaiting acceptance and current friends). Did just get a message asking if I could remove someone so another could add me - it's a tough life!

In case anyone here reads it and messages me, you will get a response but probably delayed now. And also, thank you for the message (support or opposition), thanks for the potential friend request and thanks for reading.

Similar writeup

🤪

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

No offence, but.... WUT?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

I think he figures having a monday musing feature makes him some sort of irish celeb in gaming and is complaining about having only 100 spaces for friends. I think that's what he's saying through all that waffling on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Whats a Monday Muser ??

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

I think he figures having a monday musing feature makes him some sort of irish celeb in gaming and is complaining about having only 100 spaces for friends. I think that's what he's saying through all that waffling on.

You caught me: it was all an elaborate scheme to boost my ego and milk my 15mins of fame :)

[this message sponsored by Sorny]

🤪

Advertisement