Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Two charged over double murder in Limerick ** Mod Warning Read Post #12 **

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

lasno wrote: »
    Two people have been charged in connection with the recent double murder in O'Malley Park. Both have addresses in the Castletroy are of the city.

http://breaking.tcm.ie/ireland/gardai-charge-two-men-over-limerick-double-murder-489672.html

That's Limerick city

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 497 ✭✭lasno

The accused have now appeared in court.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/0117/kellyd_watersb.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Is that where all the ARU And Dets were going, when they passed johns? 3 ARU cars, 5 Detective Cars, 3 Paddy Waggons Full, 4 Normal Guard Cars and a motorbike :O

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Nice to see you can live on the Golf Links road and get free legal aid. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

why did they end up murdered, or was it murder

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭xi

goat2 wrote: »
    why did they end up murdered, or was it murder

Care to elaborate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭padma

One is from Weston originally.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭bitter

I hate to think what Ireland will be in 50 years time:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

bitter wrote: »
    I hate to think what Ireland will be in 50 years time:(

A country in the year 2061?

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Dumdum McCarthy

U can buy what u want for cash.Seeing as its legal tender,its the most legal way to buy something.But in saying that how one would get the cash is a different story.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

This is an extremely emotive story that has sparked a lot of outrage around the city/region, there is also an ongoing legal case in relation to this, please keep speculation out of this thread, otherwise the thread will be closed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

why was my post deleted?

why were my various posts in this thread deleted?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Hi Kilburn,

Posts, and posts quoting those posts, which were deemed defamatory or prejudicial were removed, there in an ongoing court case into this crime going on at the moment

Clareman wrote: »
    Hi Kilburn,

Posts, and posts quoting those posts, which were deemed defamatory or prejudicial were removed, there in an ongoing court case into this crime going on at the moment

Hi Clareman that is fair enough as I was the one who told anti-c you cannot make comments like that.

But there was a factual conversation going on about the boys walking through Southhill with their faces uncovered carrying shot guns on camera. That is neither defamatory nor prejudicial but factual as reported by the media and stated by the gardai !

I will admit that I didn't delete or see the deleted posts, but I do know that posts that refer to ongoing legal proceedings, especially ones as emotive as this 1 are dealt with on a very cautious basis with mods always more likely to err on the side of caution when dealing with them.

If you feel that the mods are being unfair/unreasonable/dumbasses feel free to report us to admins or start the debate in another forum here, I will gladly setup a link from here to wherever you would like the thread to be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

Don't blame Boards.ie - Irish libel laws are ridiculous. That's something to demand from the incoming government, a relaxation of the libel laws. It's one of the reasons that developers and politicians were able to get away with such outrageous hijinks - the media knew stuff (and still know stuff) that they can't print for fear of our draconian liblel laws.

Clareman wrote: »
    I will admit that I didn't delete or see the deleted posts, but I do know that posts that refer to ongoing legal proceedings, especially ones as emotive as this 1 are dealt with on a very cautious basis with mods always more likely to err on the side of caution when dealing with them.

If you feel that the mods are being unfair/unreasonable/dumbasses feel free to report us to admins or start the debate in another forum here, I will gladly setup a link from here to wherever you would like the thread to be.

Ah Clareman I would never report you or Insect to anyone, no room for rats here ;) We all have a sense of humour in this forum which you have added too !

We're all adults here so it's not ratting, I know that mods can appear to be a bit heavy handed and out of place, but we aren't the law, there's always other people to goto with any issues, I'm very thick skinned and don't care if people on the interweb think I'm a pr**k.

Boards.ie is a great place/community where users are the main resource, if some users have issues with others, feel free to have someone neutral to review it

but you are a pr**k :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

honestly not wishing to drag the thread off topic but is nice to see a mod in the limerick city forum with a level head and a sense of humor, AND with the ability to show restraint from using the lock button, and actually contributing to discussions as a forum user, not just jutting in and out between threads with the mod hat on! :o

• Advertisement
Advertisement