Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trittion vs. Turtle Beach?

• 17-01-2011 6:07pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 194 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I went in to Gamestop today to buy a pair of Turtle Beach X31s, but the girl in the shop said that they don't stock them anymore because every second pair they sold was brought back due to faults. So they're stocking Tritton headsets instead.

I was gonna buy the X31s for about 100ish euro (that's the most I'd be willing to spend) 'cause I definitely want a wireless headset. But the Trittons they had in the shop were: a wired pair for 70e or a wireless pair for 150e! Pretty expensive.

So I think I'm gonna order online, but I don't know what to buy. My mate bought a pair of Turtle Beach X11s and they did break on him. So I'm now reluctant to buy a pair of Turtle Beaches. But the wireless Trittons are 150e!

Any advice? Thanks in advance :rolleyes:

I know I spelt Tritton wrong in the title!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

I have Triton's ax360's (they're wired. Cracking for gaming with, imo if you take away the wireless need they are better than turtle beach due to having 4 speakers in eachside compared to turtle beach which simulate the surround sound

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 194 ✭✭KidKeith89

I have Triton's ax360's (they're wired. Cracking for gaming with, imo if you take away the wireless need they are better than turtle beach due to having 4 speakers in eachside compared to turtle beach which simulate the surround sound

Thanks for the advice. I'm actually thinking on buying a pair of Astro A30s - they're wired (I think) but that doesn't bother me too much now looking at the products

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 fluffiestsheep

There are a few things that you guys are missing here that should really be mentioned.

1) More expensive does not equal better.

2) Tritton = Mad Catz, proud suppplier of some of the lowest quality gaming accessories money can buy. Definitely to be avoided.

3) Dolby Digital technology DOES NOT support the driving of independent speakers. In other words, do you know what you gain by having 4 speakers per Astro earcup? Zero. Zilch. Nada.

4) You only have two ears, so complaining that only two speakers doesn't produce surround sound is a really odd argument. You can hear directional sound with your two ears just fine. The way we hear sounds is about timing, so two speakers does just fine.

5) Turtle Beach is the best selling headset brand for a reason and it isn't because they have multimillion dollar ad campaigns.

I've got an A40 and a Turtle Beach DPX21 and I use the DPX21 a ton more. It also costs about half as much. The TB has chat boost, so when game volume goes up, chat goes up too and I never miss what my friends are saying. It's got huge bass, awesome sound and the Dolby 7.1 from the DSS is absolutely incredible.

I would DEFINITELY go with the TB over anything else. I don't know what the store clerk was talking about. Loads of my friends have TB sets and they're all holding up just fine...

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 194 ✭✭KidKeith89

There are a few things that you guys are missing here that should really be mentioned.

1) More expensive does not equal better.

2) Tritton = Mad Catz, proud suppplier of some of the lowest quality gaming accessories money can buy. Definitely to be avoided.

3) Dolby Digital technology DOES NOT support the driving of independent speakers. In other words, do you know what you gain by having 4 speakers per Astro earcup? Zero. Zilch. Nada.

4) You only have two ears, so complaining that only two speakers doesn't produce surround sound is a really odd argument. You can hear directional sound with your two ears just fine. The way we hear sounds is about timing, so two speakers does just fine.

5) Turtle Beach is the best selling headset brand for a reason and it isn't because they have multimillion dollar ad campaigns.

I've got an A40 and a Turtle Beach DPX21 and I use the DPX21 a ton more. It also costs about half as much. The TB has chat boost, so when game volume goes up, chat goes up too and I never miss what my friends are saying. It's got huge bass, awesome sound and the Dolby 7.1 from the DSS is absolutely incredible.

I would DEFINITELY go with the TB over anything else. I don't know what the store clerk was talking about. Loads of my friends have TB sets and they're all holding up just fine...

I actually ordered the Turtle Beach X31 headset last night from Game in the UK. It was only £80 or something, and I have a friend who uses it and he said they're brilliant. It was just that girl in the shop saying how unreliable they are, along with my other friend who bought the X11 headset where it broke on him after a few weeks, that put me off. But I bought them in the end and I'm happy with my decision. Can't wait to get them now and use them :D

Thanks for the advice though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 fluffiestsheep

Nice choice on the X31. I have a friend with those and I've used his and they're really nice. It's sweet that you can add the DSS to them later if you want 7.1 Surround Sound. Anyway, I'm sure you'll enjoy them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Connorzee

good choice on the TB's... i've the X41s and although i dont use them much (partly because Black Ops is **** for soundwhoring) they are unbelievable.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭dagdha

Bump

Hey guys I was never too pushed on getting a headset but I was just checking around a few websites and Amazon have Turtle Beach X41's for £100 and they work out as €129 delivered to Ireland. This seems very cheap and the cheapest I've seen by a long way. My question is, do ye reckon these are worth the money? is this as good a price as there is out there? and am I mad in thinking about buying a pair of these? Also any shops around that are anywhere near as close to that price as I have an all for one voucher with €50 on it and I have it a few months and I can't think of anything else to buy with it so I'd easily put it towards a head set. Cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

dagdha wrote: »
    Bump

Hey guys I was never too pushed on getting a headset but I was just checking around a few websites and Amazon have Turtle Beach X41's for £100 and they work out as €129 delivered to Ireland. This seems very cheap and the cheapest I've seen by a long way. My question is, do ye reckon these are worth the money? is this as good a price as there is out there? and am I mad in thinking about buying a pair of these? Also any shops around that are anywhere near as close to that price as I have an all for one voucher with €50 on it and I have it a few months and I can't think of anything else to buy with it so I'd easily put it towards a head set. Cheers!

I paid close to €200 for mine when they were launched and have no regrets.
    Perfect for gaming and watching movies late at night when using proper surround sound with amp isn't an option.

Friends who have tried mine have ended up buying their own sets. ;)
    They will work with any devicewith an optical or RCA connections so you
    Are not just limited to using with xbox.

Game and HMV were stocking so might be worth checking prices there and seeing whether they accept that gift card. Creative also have a recent offering worth looking at for comparison.

I believe Turtle Beach are releasing some new models

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭weiland79

Just a heads up on the Turtle beach X41's. I'm in the middle of trying to return my headset to Gamestop (without a receipt!:eek:) and to be fair the manager in the liffey street shop seems to be doing his best to help me out.
    The problem is to do with popping and hissing sounds and severe echo so much so that i get kicked regularly from games. The Gamestop guy told me that they aren't stocking this brand anymore as they have had so many returned.

Just got a call back from Gamestop and they are kindly going to exchange my headset for me tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Are Astro A30 worth getting?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

Baza210 wrote: »

I got a pair of Koss PortaPros off Amazon, great sound quality for the price and very comfortable to wear. If you're not careful with the sliding clips they will pull a few hairs out.

I've heard good things about the Superlux HD-668-B's, but I've never tried them out. Would they be worth it, what with the shipping?

Advertisement