Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Levis Limerick

• 17-01-2011 6:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭

Hey

anyone know where to get Levis jeans in Limerick city?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

If it's mens you're looking for then maybe Tony Connolys?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Chaps, Debenham's, Brown Thomas, etc all stock the Levis brand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

and on the city boundary - there's Shaws in the Crescent :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

There used to be an official Levi's stores upstairs in Arthurs quay where the
    Asian restaurant at the top of the stairs is.

A shop in Thomas street Jeans scene?? used to somehow a lot of the time
    have huge reductions compared to other shops, dont know if the place is still open.

What kind of prices are they these days ?

Back in secondary school along with deck shoes with curly leather laces a pair of 501's was almost a status symbol when it came to school outings where you did not have to wear your uniform. The Rich Kids had tended to have the button flied 501's and lesser mortal's settled for either a 2nd hand pair from modesty or "orange tab" which I think were the cheapest. :D (easily known I've been buying from Penny's for years sniffle)

~B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

bullets wrote: »

Back in secondary school along with deck shoes with curly leather laces a pair of 501's was almost a status symbol when it came to school outings where you did not have to wear your uniform. The Rich Kids had tended to have the button flied 501's and lesser mortal's settled for either a 2nd hand pair from modesty or "orange tab" which I think were the cheapest. :D (easily known I've been buying from Penny's for years sniffle)

~B

ah, the memories. orange tab in modesty! You could get some cool stuff in modesty if you were lucky, some really cool stuff...
    I was lucky to even have the Orange Tabs! The penneys jeans were Denim Co.
    You still find the hard core "jocks", wearing the white soled deck shoes...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Saw that 501's were €110 in Debenhams there last week. Shocking price for a pair of jeans.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

~B

Aw the Dubes with the curly leather laces, they were the biz up in the NW as well, I remember harrassing my mum for a dark purple pair, and the lad in the shop showing me how to do the curly bit, I was the shii!
    Or at least I was til the purple dye ran and ruined my slouchy socks so mum returned the shoes and I had to settle for a gammy tan pair. And I was only in fifth class, what a brat!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

MarkR wrote: »
    Saw that 501's were €110 in Debenhams there last week. Shocking price for a pair of jeans.

FuPPin Hell! :eek: for a pair of jeans!

~B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Levi Jeans and other such brands are grossly overpriced in Ireland.

I buy online - http://www.sheplers.com/mens/levis_jeans/010390.html

After delivery + customs charges they come to about €55

That is half the price they are charging here.

Its funny, over in the states the likes of Levi and Wrangler are not considered designer at all. They are just regular jeans. If you want designer jeans in America you are looking at forking out well over $200 for certain brands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

RonMexico wrote: »

Its funny, over in the states the likes of Levi and Wrangler are not considered designer at all. They are just regular jeans. If you want designer jeans in America you are looking at forking out well over $200 for certain brands.

Wonder is primark or cedarwood a premium brand over there? :)
    (Clears out pennys, sells it to the yanks and makes a fortune!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

MarkR wrote: »

Bloody hell i remember paying £35 for a pair of 501's in jeanswear. I'm getting old.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 308 ✭✭clint_eastman

Its funny, over in the states the likes of Levi and Wrangler are not considered designer at all.

Its just my opinion and not to knock anyones style, but I wouldn't have thought that levi's or wrangler's were considered designer in ireland anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Neither would I, but they are certainly priced that way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 308 ✭✭clint_eastman

have been reliably told they are 85 bills in connollys (levis 501's that is)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭LK_Dave

Just looked at the site, looks great. But what happens if wanted to return an item. Do they honour international returns?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

~B

I knew a family whose mum used to cut the orange/ red tab off their worn out Levis and sew it in the corresponding place on Penney's/ Dunnes' versions, so that it would always look as if they were wearing the branded jeans. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Aglomerado wrote: »
    I knew a family whose mum used to cut the orange/ red tab off their worn out Levis and sew it in the corresponding place on Penney's/ Dunnes' versions, so that it would always look as if they were wearing the branded jeans. :D

I remember dunnes got in trouble for having a reddish tag just about in the same place as levi's had the tag.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭pinkfloyd34

are the american sizes the same as over here? can i try on a pair here and find what size i need and then order it from above website?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 273 ✭✭meg3178

are the american sizes the same as over here? can i try on a pair here and find what size i need and then order it from above website?

The american sizes are printed on the label, just make a note of it and ordering is easy from them.

Advertisement