Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deleting old posts

Options
  • 17-01-2011 6:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭

Hey,

I was wondering if you would mind deleting all of my old posts. I no longer wish to be identified under this user name in google searches, and so am systematically trying to delete as much as possible. I would greatly appreciate if you could facillitate this.

Best wishes,

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I'm sorry, this is not something we can do. If there were just a couple of posts we might be able to facilitate you, depending on whether there had been replies to your posts, etc. However deleting that many posts will cause problems with the flow of threads, and should anyone have quoted any of your posts they would remain regardless of what we did to the original posts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭fiveone

Most of the posts are over one year old, so I don't see how the flow would be interrupted.

Can you at least change the username on the posts?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Regardless of how old they are, deleting that number of posts is not something that we can do I'm afraid.

As regards changing your name, you must be a subscriber before you can have your name changed.

Are you telling me I have to pay you before you can change the name on the posts?

Can't you at least compromise and change the name seeing as the posts can't be deleted?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

A name change on an account applies to *all* posts made by that account, we have no way of diffrenciating them based on their post date.

I would suggest that if you wish to leave this account behind and begin again that you email hello@boards.ie saying you wish to close your account. This renders the account inactive, but doesn't delete it or posts associated with it.

• Advertisement

I should clarify: I don't actually mind if the content remains. It's not controversial or anything, I just don't want if coming up in google searches because it's the same as my email address.

It would be ideal if you could just change the name across all posts regardless of the date. Would that be possible?

Can my last post not be published, or answered?

Advertisement