Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Live and Work in Hawaii

Options
  • 17-01-2011 7:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hi Im just wondering if anyone can help me?

Im interesting in moving to Hawaii to live and work and Im just wondering the best way in going about it.

I was looking at trying to get a green card in the lottery but missed the entry date so I will have to wait till may this year to apply for it.

Does anyone know what other ways there is to get into the country. Im a fully qualified Electrician, but cant seem to find a skilled visa, not sure if they have one.

If anyone can give me any help at all I would really appreciate it.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

The US is a pretty closed up shop, you're best bet is probably the green card lottery. I think it opens early October each year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭lil_lisa

Make sure with the Diversity Lottery that you do not pay for it, it is a free draw run by the US government, any other company asking for payment or promising a green card is a scam. (Usually).

You might be eligible for the Trainee visa. SAYIT, Intrax and a few others provide this.

Advertisement