Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second hand bookshop

Options
  • 17-01-2011 7:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭

What's the story with the second hand shop in the SU centre?
    I have a shedload of books taking up space in my room from when I used to go to UCD. I want rid of them but it would be nice to get a few quid for them.

Do they buy books readily?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

They will check them first as they take some but not all. Otherwise they would end up with about 1000 Hamlets etc. It is worth a go but you only get the money when the book is sold.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭Tchaikovsky

Yeah, an email will be sent to you when your book is sold.

An alternative would be Chapters on Parnell St. They pay you up front for your books.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Not really worth it - they tend to pay pittance for your stuff. Better going to chapters.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

I used it a few times when I was in first year. If they take your book, you pick a price and when the book sells the shop gives you a cheque for 70% of the asking price.

Advertisement