Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some Good Trad Music

Options
  • 17-01-2011 7:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭

Hey all

I'm currently trying to put together a playlist of good ole Irish music, recently at a pub were there was a trad band playing and its but me really in the mood for some more.

I know Christy Moore, The Dubliners, Wolf Tones but i'm looking for more the Jig and Reels kind of stuff i think. Just some good music to have the craic too

Sorry but i don't know a thing about Irish Music

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

Erm I'd say to start with, look at: the Bothy Band, Lunasa, Beoga and Flook; also look for 'Geantrai' on TG4, and 'Come West Along the Road' on RTÉ. That'll keep you busy for a while :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭craoltoir

Céilí music then? Matt Cunningham, Kilfenora, Brian Boru etc. Maybe listen to Céilí House on RTÉ Radio One on saturday nights 9pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Tradnuts

elspecia wrote: »
    Hey all

I'm currently trying to put together a playlist of good ole Irish music, recently at a pub were there was a trad band playing and its but me really in the mood for some more.

I know Christy Moore, The Dubliners, Wolf Tones but i'm looking for more the Jig and Reels kind of stuff i think. Just some good music to have the craic too

Sorry but i don't know a thing about Irish Music

There is a nice download website for jigs and reels,
    www.irishtradtunes.com

its has some pretty good serious trad.
    G.

Advertisement