Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I need someone to do me a cool comic book/Manga drawing please?

Options
  • 17-01-2011 7:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Hi, I had an idea for a story/short movie..it's about this guy..and he is based on me, living in a rough area of ireland..about 14-16..he is really good at parcore and is sick of scumbags, so he goes around hoping all over roofs and building following scumbags after seeing them commit a crime by annoying or hurting someone for no reason, so he pounces on them and teaches them a lesson!

What I would like the picture to be is a teen, aged 14-16, slightly long brown hair,wearing a black jumper, its late in the evening, hood up, kinda like a modern assasins creed. not sure about jeans/tracksuit bottoms though, thats up to you :).

Please email any drawings to <snip>
    And i will put "Drawing by" in the drawing :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Hi craddy96!

It is against the rules of boards.ie to include e-mail addresses in your posts.

Anyone who is interested can PM you instead :)

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

And keep in mind that we just watch the stuff, it's highly likely none of us can actually draw it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

Numina wrote: »
    And keep in mind that we just watch the stuff, it's highly likely none of us can actually draw it.

Speak for yourself :D

But its not the ability to draw thats the issue. OP you say this is for an idea a short film....are you planning on trying to get this film produced? How are you planning to use any artwork you are sent? Are you expecting an artist to hand over artwork for free to be used commerically with only 'Drawing by' as the only credit? If your just looking to have some work commissioned for your own enjoyment there are plenty of Artists on the likes of Deviantart who offer commissions at very affordable rates [or sometimes even free] however you need to be clear on the nature of the comission what it could potential be used for.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

It would be kinda cool for a sticky of Manga artwork.

Off topic but just a passing thought. OP there are a few posters here that might be able to help

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

you should probably be able to prove to the artist their work will not be plagiarized beyond "I'll stick your name on it". I'm guessing this is for a competition or just because you wanna see the picture you have in your head? If you have no luck here look on deviant art.

• Advertisement
Advertisement