Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beauty spots Historical buildings of Fingal & N.C.D

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Corsendonk wrote: »
    Does Rush Library have a copy? Would be ideal for the local studies section.

No. We didnt get enough copies printed due to financial restraints but I think we will do an undated version in the next year or two. I wanted it to have a dual purpose. Apart from the history of the club I wanted to have a paralell page on each decade of things of national interest like the price of a loaf of bread in 1928 when the club was formed. Expand on the great storm of 1951 in the week we won the Junior championship, do a seperate piece on Matt Sands and Con Martin stuff along thoes lines.

The project is coming along nicely anyway. We have had numerous outings and each has been quite good but we do plan to revisit each site around Fingal that we have gone to already. We look at what we have done give some gentle c&c and then see if we can improve on our first visit. People have different ideas within the group so instead of focusing on one particular theme we have a good mix. We need another few outings around N.C.D and hopefully that will see us with quite a few decent images which will form the main part of our planned exhibition.

Today the group went to Lusk and it will be amazing the different images 10 people will produce in 1 1/2 hours in a small space.

Anyway there are a good few images on www.flickr.com Type Rush camera Group in the search box for some of the images. Mind you we actually dont have that many of Rush on this page, we are saving them for exhibition.

If anybody wants to come along you cam pm me for details of our next meeting and outing. You dont need a fancy camera, there is No joining up fee or membership fee just plenty of help and encouragment oh and a good bit of banter.

Advertisement