Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

need help with my house plant

Options
  • 17-01-2011 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭

my lovely house plant has what I can only describe as green fluff on some of the leaves and the stems of the leaves does anyone know what it could be and how to treat it?CIMG2552.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭ger vallely

Looks like greenfly-hard to make it out. Does it wipe off,is it sticky,powdery?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

it's powdery

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭redser7

Are you sure they dont have legs? Do you have a magnifying glass? Looks like pests, they stand very still sometimes

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

ok I have just checked and they have legs but they definitely aren't moving as they are on the same part of the plant for the last week and havn't moved, what do I put on the plant?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭redser7

a general bug spray should do the job. Check any other plants you have around, you don't want them to spread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭ger vallely

Alot of people recommend a washing up liquid spray, some say plenty of garlic bolied in water and sprayed on,though that would stink,so best done outside. I have never been successful in getting rid of greenfly and saving the plant myself. Another 'green' option would be to find a ladybird colony and rehouse a couple on your plant..They love to eat these guys. Another thing to prevent it happening again is to always keep plants fairly well spaced and check under the leaves regularily and treat as soon as is possible. Best of luck.

Advertisement