Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is charcoal grill a franchise?

Options
  • 17-01-2011 8:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭

Hey guys,
    is charcoal grill a franchise or it is all owned by one person? Who owns them? To my knowledge there is 3 in galway at the moment.

There is one open beside cuba. Think they setup there to get all the business coming out of cuba. Since cuba is closed not sure how they will get as many clients.

thanks

Evoke

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

There's one in Athlone too...

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭JnarF

evoke wrote: »
    Hey guys,
    is charcoal grill a franchise or it is all owned by one person? Who owns them? To my knowledge there is 3 in galway at the moment.

There is one open beside cuba. Think they setup there to get all the business coming out of cuba. Since cuba is closed not sure how they will get as many clients.

thanks

Evoke
    Family owned, Gillick I think the name is. Sharp guys, they do well for themselves, deserve it too I'd say. We've all been in there some night and seen what its like.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Spadina wrote: »
    There's one in Athlone too...

Nothing to do with the Galway shops at all. The lad who owns the one in Athlone used to be a chef in the prince, ran mother india beside the castle and owns a few convenience stores around the midlands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Oh, I always figured they were the same people, not often you get places with the same name not far from another town/city with the same one.

I fecking he just nicked the name because he knew people would know it from Galway.

• Advertisement

I reckon, not feckin...

Stupid auto correct!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

One in Sligo as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭evoke

the place in athlone owns www.charcoalgrill.ie

and the guys in galway own http://www.thecharcoalgrill.ie/

think the guy in athlone registered it before the guys in galway. that is what he said though. once he found out about them.

the guy in athlone only found out about them from people telling him that they liked his place better than his charcoal grills places in galway. that is what he said anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,491 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

There is a van doing the rounds that calls itself Charcoal Grill as well. They did the Ocean Race and Powerboat festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭rivalius13

evoke wrote: »
    the place in athlone owns www.charcoalgrill.ie

and the guys in galway own http://www.thecharcoalgrill.ie/

think the guy in athlone registered it before the guys in galway. that is what he said though. once he found out about them.

the guy in athlone only found out about them from people telling him that they liked his place better than his charcoal grills places in galway. that is what he said anyway.
    Doesn't really seem like a reliable source.

Also, reckon feckin' knew the place across from CPs was a fake Charcoal!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭emptybladder

rivalius13 wrote: »

Says who?

rivalius13 wrote: »
    Doesn't really seem like a reliable source.

Funny that, was in there one night and one of the lads with me wanted chicken so your man said "hold on ill be right back" ran down the road to the other one, got a few pieces of chicken and cooked it for us...

Says who?
    The website. Lists 3 charcoals, not that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,491 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Thats because that one is closed now. There is a cafe in there.

Thats because that one is closed now. There is a cafe in there.
    THEY CLOSED ONE OF THE CHARCOALS!!! NNNNOOOO!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭sgthighway

Where exactly is the Charcoal Grill in Prospect Hill?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

Where New York Pizza used to be beside Bar 903.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Screw the lot of them, I prefer Capital! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Screw the lot of them, I prefer Capital! :D
    Gwan the Capital

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭TheRealSquishy

Charcoal have a website :eek: be more in their line to have loyalty cards ;) the one in prospect hill is still pretty busy even without cuba, club k is still only beside it like. not as busy as it used be but still doing grand. i go out of my way to go to the one on mar street though, chips are all black in the prospect hill one and they always put the carton in sideways and all the curry spills out :mad: yeah it is family owned but its really weird how the quality differs :confused:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement