Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Light trails

• 17-01-2011 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi everyone i have just done some light trails for the first time. What do you think?

143821.JPG

143822.JPG

143823.JPG

143824.JPG

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭hoganpoly

last one looks ok to me, what set up did you use

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭paulusdu

Looks good, but you seem to be catching too much light that you don;t want (parked cars, lampposts etc) What settings did you use ?

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭IamBlip

The sodium off the street lights is very strong throughout, try changing your white Balance settings to see the difference. Also using the shutter timer/remote shutter release and mirror lock-up will help with the blurr/shake problems for long exposures. Also turn off IS if you have it.

Canon 450D
    a, 20sec f8 iso100 65mm
    b, 30sec f10 iso100 65mm
    c, 25sec f16 iso100 55mm
    d, 13sec f22 iso400 55mm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

they seem a little too over exposed in some.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Buckz

THe shots look fine exposure wise to me, but if you look the road signs in the first 3, they aren't sharp- so, check your focus (and change to manual, as you don't want the focus to move), then use the self timer or a remote release, and if you camera has one, a mirror lock up. Finally if there isn't enough traffic, and you are using a remote release, shoot lots of short bursts, and combine them afterwards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 993 ✭✭✭ditpaintball

The last one is prob the best from technique wise and overall look.

Light trails are some thing I want to play with my self some time soon. Check out some inspiration I found for it: http://www.richie.ie/2010/12/inspiration-light-painting/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

You're in too well-lit areas, and capturing loads of available light (street lights, etc) which is blowing the exposure and ruining the pics. Find a dark bridge to take those pics from and you'll be grand

Advertisement