Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business & Entrepreneurship Y1 Stalls Project

Options
  • 17-01-2011 9:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭

Hey folks,

I'm a 1st year student in Business & Entrepreneurship (DL245) and me and my group are currently at a loss over what to do for the stalls project that takes place in February in the People's Park (Dun Laoghaire). I have suggested basic ideas such as old fashioned sweets and dog bowls, seeing that the park is mainly populated by kids and dog owners every Sunday, and another member of the group has suggested that we make and sell popcorn (although I'm not sure how we'll gain access to electricity or a generator).

Are there any 2nd/3rd/4th year students on here who know of any simple ideas that have been successful in recent years so I can just get an idea of what to do?

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I'm Business and Arts Management, but we've done a good few events and fundraising. How are you intending on getting the money for buying your stock? You need to be realistic with what you can afford and how much you can sell it on for.

Last year we went out to Musgraves to price sweets, chewy bars and that kind of stuff for a fundraiser we were holding. They worked out far to expensive to buy and resell, no chance of us making a profit. Something to bear in mind if you're pricing stuff. How much can you realistically sell it on for.

The dog bowls are interesting, given the people that will be at the market. Have you a supplier, how much can you sell on for? Could you develop the pet theme more? What other products could you sell. Homemade dog treats?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭PurvesGrundy

It's all largely sorted now, thanks.
    Twee. wrote: »
    I'm Business and Arts Management, but we've done a good few events and fundraising. How are you intending on getting the money for buying your stock? You need to be realistic with what you can afford and how much you can sell it on for.

We're investing 25 euro each between six group members.
    Last year we went out to Musgraves to price sweets, chewy bars and that kind of stuff for a fundraiser we were holding. They worked out far to expensive to buy and resell, no chance of us making a profit. Something to bear in mind if you're pricing stuff. How much can you realistically sell it on for.

One of our group members has a relation who is a wholesaler, so we are going to get a good deal off them.
    The dog bowls are interesting, given the people that will be at the market. Have you a supplier, how much can you sell on for? Could you develop the pet theme more? What other products could you sell. Homemade dog treats?

We've decided not to go with anyting too radical (that rules the dog bowls out), so what we're going to sell is mainly confectionery items.

Thanks anyway for replying.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Best of luck :)

Advertisement