Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Derelict apartment block in Garrane Dara

Options
  • 17-01-2011 10:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭

Anyone know what the story with the apartment block you can see off the south ring road by the Dunnes in Bishopstown? Every window in the apartment block is smashed - looks crazy

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

I often wondered that myself. Actually more intresting if you are driving slow enough look behind it coming nearer to Dunnes and there is a massive house up there all boarded up.

I suppose NAMA owens the apartments..:)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Are they the ones that were subsiding very badly (Holes in walls you could reach through badly) and the builder wouldn't fix them/had gone wallop? There was some enormous argument one morning on 96 about them if they were.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

The joys of building anything so large on that land, the other ones near the sarsfield rd roundabout called the Headlands, had subsidence issues two , i remember them driving piles into the bog for months in order to get decent foundations going.

The ones you are talkin about are a disgrace though really drags down the areas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭rcdk1

-Corkie- wrote: »
    Actually more intresting if you are driving slow enough look behind it coming nearer to Dunnes and there is a massive house up there all boarded up.
    Took this from Google Street View. On satellite view it looks to be part of a farm
    143879.jpg

143880.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭kcb

Are they the ones that were subsiding very badly (Holes in walls you could reach through badly) and the builder wouldn't fix them/had gone wallop? There was some enormous argument one morning on 96 about them if they were.

That's them.

The building is going to be knocked down and all owners have been given a settlement.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Your a legend!!!. I would never have thought of getting them pics. Thats a fine place to be boarded up. I wonder whats the story with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭rcdk1

-Corkie- wrote: »
    Your a legend!!!. I would never have thought of getting them pics. Thats a fine place to be boarded up. I wonder whats the story with it.
    According to Cork Co Co website Castlelands put in, and subsequently withdrew, planning permission in 2009 for
    residential development of 300 no. residential separate blocks (Blocks A, B, C & D) and 139 n dwellinghouses, realighment of previously permitted roadway (05/3477) access from permitted roundabout on N71, construction permitted roundabout on N71, construction creche in ground and first floor of apartment A, provision of 324 no. surface car parking sp evels, on site attenuation, refuse storage are apartments, play areas and all site development and landscaping works

Advertisement