Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Complaint against Micky Dolenz

Options

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Unbelievable... Boards already has a bad rep with this, these are legitimate threads, please unlock them

Not entirely sure what you mean by this, so some clarification would be appreciated.

As for the threads themselves, nobody said they weren't legitimate, but as you may have noticed the mod noted which forums they should have been posted in when he closed them. It's always the case that if you wish to discuss an issue you choose the appropriate forum, and in these cases AH is not the proper place for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭bobblepuzzle

Zaph wrote: »
    Not entirely sure what you mean by this, so some clarification would be appreciated.

As for the threads themselves, nobody said they weren't legitimate, but as you may have noticed the mod noted which forums they should have been posted in when he closed them. It's always the case that if you wish to discuss an issue you choose the appropriate forum, and in these cases AH is not the proper place for them.

This is another example of favouritism towards mods from admins... it's a sorry state of affairs... he is wrong, they were legitimate for AH and over-zealous modding is something you need to look at... this is a prime example of it! I am so angry you sided with the mod like that so quickly... this is a bad state of affairs! and you know it!

This is another example of favouritism towards mods from admins...

Where's the favouritism? I merely stated that Micky Dolenz was right to close the threads and direct you to the correct forums. I might have directed you to the Motors forum for the Slane Bridge thread, but the regional forum is a perfectly reasonable suggestion. I fail to see how that falls into the remit of AH. Similarly the other thread is political discussion and belongs in the Politics forum.
    it's a sorry state of affairs...

Indeed it is. I have lots more interesting things to be doing than having to justify perfectly reasonable mod actions.
    he is wrong

Well it's simple really, either he is wrong or you are wrong. i'll give you a hint, it's not him.
    they were legitimate for AH

By extension then you could say that everything posted on boards is legitimate for AH. There are guidelines for the forum, may I refer you specifically to post #13 of the AH charter.
    over-zealous modding is something you need to look at...

I agree, and once we see an instance of it we'll get right on it.
    this is a prime example of it!

No it's not.
    I am so angry you sided with the mod like that so quickly...

Would you rather I waited a day or two and then got back to you to tell you that what Micky did was fine?
    this is a bad state of affairs! and you know it!

I suspect that your definition of bad state of affairs and mine differ wildly, so I'm afraid that I know nothing of the sort.

Btw, I presume you did PM Micky to ask him about re-opening the threads before you ran to the Help Desk making demands?

Where's the favouritism? I merely stated that Micky Dolenz was right to close the threads and direct you to the correct forums. I might have directed you to the Motors forum for the Slane Bridge thread, but the regional forum is a perfectly reasonable suggestion. I fail to see how that falls into the remit of AH. Similarly the other thread is political discussion and belongs in the Politics forum.

Indeed it is. I have lots more interesting things to be doing than having to justify perfectly reasonable mod actions.

Well it's simple really, either he is wrong or you are wrong. i'll give you a hint, it's not him.

By extension then you could say that everything posted on boards is legitimate for AH. There are guidelines for the forum, may I refer you specifically to post #13 of the AH charter.

I agree, and once we see an instance of it we'll get right on it.

No it's not.

Would you rather I waited a day or two and then got back to you to tell you that what Micky did was fine?

I suspect that your definition of bad state of affairs and mine differ wildly, so I'm afraid that I know nothing of the sort.

Btw, I presume you did PM Micky to ask him about re-opening the threads before you ran to the Help Desk making demands?
    OK, now you are wrong... completely, those threads were right to be raised in After Hours... can we get a community manager in here? Because this is rediculous...

OK, now you are wrong... completely, those threads were right to be raised in After Hours... can we get a community manager in here? Because this is rediculous...

This is an admin issue, not a Community Manager issue, but if you wish I will ask one of the other admins to have a look at this for you.

• Advertisement

Actually no, **** this, like Fianna Fail you all look after each other... even the Community Managers I would bet will take your side... which would be fundamentally wrong, and as usual the culprit gets away with it, the mere member has to endure crap like that from admins like Zaph (above)...

This is an admin issue, not a Community Manager issue, but if you wish I will ask one of the other admins to have a look at this for you.

You don't seem to be able to deal with it properly... so a community liason should be brought in...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

The community manager will not be able to look at this until tomorrow.

However I can confirm to you that there is a reason we have Regional forums and a Politics forum, and it is not beneficial to AH to post threads suitable to those forums in AH, neither is it beneficial to those forums to have threads suited to them posted in AH.

The threads were correctly closed, and you were correctly directed to the forums that would be more suitable.

Silverfish wrote: »
    The community manager will not be able to look at this until tomorrow.

However I can confirm to you that there is a reason we have Regional forums and a Politics forum, and it is not beneficial to AH to post threads suitable to those forums in AH, neither is it beneficial to those forums to have threads suited to them posted in AH.

The threads were correctly closed, and you were correctly directed to the forums that would be more suitable.

OMG, tell me please what is suitable to AH, because looking at the first two pages I can think of forums they belong in... stop with the crap for a second...

STOP DEFENDING A MOD WHO WAS WRONG... come on we need an example being made... the admins notes up to now have been non-sensical, Dolenz should not have closed them threads!

Regional threads go in Regional forums.

Politics threads go in the Politics forums.

Otherwise we'd just merge the site into one big forum :)

Anyway, the Community Manager may look into this tomorrow for you if you unsatisfied with the admin responses.

• Advertisement

Won't matter will it? You guys are gods... Could you please comment on this: looking at first 2 pages. the majority of the threads could have their specific forum...

Regional threads go in Regional forums.

Politics threads go in the Politics forums.

Otherwise we'd just merge the site into one big forum :)

Anyway, the Community Manager may look into this tomorrow for you if you unsatisfied with the admin responses.

Can we get Darragh to look at this? This is a redicilous waste of my time, the admins time and the community managers time... Dolenz was wrong to close the threads, he could even have moved them.... but his behaviour doesn't stand up to scrutiny... Boards needs an example like this...

Darragh is the Communications Manager, Dav is the Community Manager.

I will flag it for Dav's attention.

Darragh is the Communications Manager, Dav is the Community Manager.

I will flag it for Dav's attention.
    Thanks, appreciate it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Darragh

For what it's worth, and I appreciate Dav is the chap to look after this, but bobblepuzzle, why are you so riled by this?

There's no matter of favourtism here - this is a simple matter of there's topics that are general and there are topics that are specific, and the specific ones are better in the forums they should be raised in. I agree that the Slane bridge should be in the Meath forum and the political discussion should go into politics, where, you'd imagine, people interested in those topics would post about them. AH is a mixed bag - if you want to raise a specific topic for discussion, why wouldn't you do that in the specific forum, unless you're just looking for maximum attention?

Personally, with all due respects to the moderators, I really dislike seeing threads closed without the OP being informed. This, though, is a technical problem as much as anything, because with the moderators being so busy - we're getting more than 16,250 posts a day these days - there should be a way that when a moderator takes action on a thread, you get informed - it should be part of the process. I'll raise this in the office tomorrow, though I know it is on a long list of "things we need to do".

But really bobblepuzzle, what's the point of all this anger? It doesn't help and it's not constructive. You say that the first 2 pages of threads could be in specific forums - care to give me actual examples?

There's a way and means of raising issues on Boards.ie - telling the admins and moderators, who are, like you, just members, that they're wrong, that an example needs to be made and that it's "ridiculous" because you are "so angry" isn't really going to help anything, is it?

We - mods, admins and employees - are more than happy to take our members issues seriously, to help resolve them and to improve things when we're asked to. This forum and feedback is full of examples of that.

But it being DEMANDED, because someone is ANGRY is ... well, how would you deal with it?

Darragh wrote: »
    For what it's worth, and I appreciate Dav is the chap to look after this, but bobblepuzzle, why are you so riled by this?

There's no matter of favourtism here - this is a simple matter of there's topics that are general and there are topics that are specific, and the specific ones are better in the forums they should be raised in. I agree that the Slane bridge should be in the Meath forum and the political discussion should go into politics, where, you'd imagine, people interested in those topics would post about them. AH is a mixed bag - if you want to raise a specific topic for discussion, why wouldn't you do that in the specific forum, unless you're just looking for maximum attention?

Personally, with all due respects to the moderators, I really dislike seeing threads closed without the OP being informed. This, though, is a technical problem as much as anything, because with the moderators being so busy - we're getting more than 16,250 posts a day these days - there should be a way that when a moderator takes action on a thread, you get informed - it should be part of the process. I'll raise this in the office tomorrow, though I know it is on a long list of "things we need to do".

But really bobblepuzzle, what's the point of all this anger? It doesn't help and it's not constructive. You say that the first 2 pages of threads could be in specific forums - care to give me actual examples?

There's a way and means of raising issues on Boards.ie - telling the admins and moderators, who are, like you, just members, that they're wrong, that an example needs to be made and that it's "ridiculous" because you are "so angry" isn't really going to help anything, is it?

We - mods, admins and employees - are more than happy to take our members issues seriously, to help resolve them and to improve things when we're asked to. This forum and feedback is full of examples of that.

But it being DEMANDED, because someone is ANGRY is ... well, how would you deal with it?

I am so riled at this because those threads were appropriate to AH... prove me wrong if you can... this is just one massive effort to defend a mod

I am so riled at this because those threads were appropriate to AH... prove me wrong if you can... this is just one massive effort to defend a mod

So two admins and the Communications Manager, someone you demanded look into this remember, have all told you you're wrong and yet you still won't accept that there's not some sort of conspiracy against you going on. That's the best we can do I'm afraid, sometimes you win, sometimes it goes against you, but you just don't seem to be able to accept that fact. It would appear that the only acceptable outcome as far as you're concerned is for us to tell you that you were right all along, and if we thought that was the case we would. So that leaves us at an impasse and will only result in this thread going around in even more circles, so to stop wasting everyone's time I'm just going to lock it because there's not much else I can do.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement