Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Water/Pressure Finglas East

Options
  • 17-01-2011 10:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

Just wondering if anyone else has been having similar problems? Our water has been varying between low pressure during the day to no water at all at night, no mention of disruptions to finglas east on the fcc website which is particularly annoying!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Just wondering if anyone else has been having similar problems? Our water has been varying between low pressure during the day to no water at all at night, no mention of disruptions to finglas east on the fcc website which is particularly annoying!

Yep. I'm just off McKee Avenue.

Since Friday night, if has been off more than it has been on. Gone again this morning.

Grr. Incredibly annoying.

There is nothing on Dublincity.ie (apart from scheduled cut Friday night). I've called customer services 01-2222222, who said they had nothing on their system, so gave me a number for the north city section, 01-8643792, where I was told they had no information either.

They gave me 2 numbers for the people that deal with the water pressure in the area, 01-2224314 & 01-2224315, but typically, ony getting both answering machines since lunchtime yesterday.

If I wanted no water, I would have moved to Africa somewhere. This is ridiculous. Especially having a baby at home. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Pwincessspanky

I also live on McKee Avenue and came to having no water on Friday evening.

It comes on now and again but usually quite late at night with no warning and only last for 5 mins, not even long enough to wash etc (although I am usually in bed!) I live in an apartment so I hope its not a fault with the mains for the block... but I assume its not!

Absolute joke! It's like living in the third world!!

I also live on McKee Avenue and came to having no water on Friday evening.

It comes on now and again but usually quite late at night with no warning and only last for 5 mins, not even long enough to wash etc (although I am usually in bed!) I live in an apartment so I hope its not a fault with the mains for the block... but I assume its not!

Absolute joke! It's like living in the third world!!

Not clearstream court by any chance?

*shifty eyes* yes thats me!!

*shifty eyes* yes thats me!!

Me too!

I can defo confirm that its not just the main block so! Its the entire estate. Though the pressure reductions / cuts do extend as far across as Ballymun, so its not just our estate!

• Advertisement

Brilliant! Great to know... I don't know my neighbours too well so I just hoped that it wasn't just me experiencing it. Absolute joke though all the same... no tank to store the water when it comes in so its hopeless!! :(

Brilliant! Great to know... I don't know my neighbours too well so I just hoped that it wasn't just me experiencing it. Absolute joke though all the same... no tank to store the water when it comes in so its hopeless!! :(

Ah sure you've just met one now! I'm friendly! ha!

When I hear the pipes beginning to fill again when it turns on, I quickly fill up pots / bottles etc and stick a wash on if I'm quick enough!

PM me if you need anything or a hand with anything. Neighbours have to be helpful! :)

Thanks friendly neighbour!! :):)

A quick update.

Apparently, there may be a burst main around McKee avenue causing the issue.

Pwincess - our estate seems to have a separate, yet related issue. As the pressure drops, the pumps for our estate auto shut off. The maintenance guy, Marcin, has been turning it on and off when supply reaches decent levels etc, hence the on and off nature of it.

Also, a woman in a duplex in our estate decided to try fill everything with water one of the days, and flooded her apartment, bursting some pipes along the way, compounding the problem!

OP - where are you based? Want to try figure out if this is a localised problem, or if the issue is more widespread.

Hey there

Thanks so much for the update. Neil rang the council last night who said "we don't really know whats going on and don't really know when it will be back on" so it's nice to have some proper info.

Really doesn't sound like it will fixed anytime soon does it!? :( And now that the problem has been added to more we could be waiting FOREVER!! :(

• Advertisement

Nope. Tony said he reported it to the council alright, but no update as yet. We could have on and off water for weeks if they don't get the finger out.

Delightful! :( thanks for the update. Will post if I hear anything also!

Advertisement