Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New exercise equipment in Porterstown Park

Options
  • 17-01-2011 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭

Around the edges of the football parks beside Porterstown Church, new equipment has been installed by Fingal.

Only 4 pieces that I counted, but a start. Adult only stuff - steppers, walkers and twisters, each for two users.

Equipment looks fairly vandal proof, but then again, vandals can be very ingenious. We'll see.

Anyway, a good addition for people looking for a little bit more exercise than they get by walking and running in the park, and a lot less expensive than a gym.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Oh excellent, Maynooth has those and so does Malahide castle, hopefully they will be rolled out in a few more places.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

Oh yes, I saw a "Rider" in Millenium Park (near the carpark). Looking forward to try it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Naos

A pullup bar or two would be excellent. Pretty vandel-free and couldn't imagine they'd cost too much?

Fair play anyway, will check it out next time I'm up there.

Advertisement