Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

first home brewing

Options
  • 17-01-2011 10:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭

hello guys invested in a new starter kit after reading here :D

have a canadian blonde international series kit and a magnum apple cider kit fermenting from today,

read a thread here on brewing cider with apple juice instead of kit, i also saw a recipe for orange flavoured wine made from 1 ltr orange, 1 ltr grape, yeast, sugar and topped up with water,

how does the wine number end up a stronger abv than the cider(all juice and yeast) even tho the wine one has water :confused:

going to try the apple juice recipe next hopefully :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭GY A1

just a quick question on an airlock or bubbler, filled the u part with water to the max marks, but now notice after a few hours that the water is being forced to the outlet side( not level now)

is this ok :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

That's normal, in my experience. So long as the water's forming a complete barrier, it's nothing to worry about.

great thanks,
    my cider is bubbing away, but no sound yet from my coopers beer

That's normal, in my experience. So long as the water's forming a complete barrier, it's nothing to worry about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

That Canadian Blonde aint half bad, I found that the longer I left the bottles the better (2months)..
    for two of the bottles I threw in a little bit of crystalised ginger chopped up (bout half a cube per half litre),, really nice taste but dangerously fizzy

thanks armelodie
    my 2 brews been fermenting away 7 days now
    cider kit bubbled like mad from start but slowed down now
    the canadian blonde took longer to bubble but never as often or vigorous as the cider, is it still ok

the cider kit has a sweeter which says to add when racking, is this secondary fermentating or is secondary necessary

should i be bottling in 3-4 days

• Advertisement
Advertisement