Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Annoying Red Vodafone Banner

Options
  • 17-01-2011 10:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hi Out there can any one help me with removing the annoying red Vodafone banners on a Nokia c3, each time I visit websites I get this red Vodafone header and footer, The problem is that the banner is blocking out my web banner and logo, any help would be great as its really messing me up, don't have the problem on google, or face book , just my website and others.When I contacted Vodafone about it they told me my phone was faulty, after that they informed me that is was the content of my we site, so I contacted Nokia and they inform me that its Vodafone is the problem, can any one help,spen a lot of money on the website design, not to have the name blocked out, and logo lost by a red and white banner top and bottom Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭elderlemon

Remove the "proxy" setting in the apn for the vodafone live access point. You don't need it and this is whats inserting the banner.

Nikonman wrote: »
    Hi Out there can any one help me with removing the annoying red Vodafone banners on a Nokia c3, each time I visit websites I get this red Vodafone header and footer, The problem is that the banner is blocking out my web banner and logo, any help would be great as its really messing me up, don't have the problem on google, or face book , just my website and others.When I contacted Vodafone about it they told me my phone was faulty, after that they informed me that is was the content of my we site, so I contacted Nokia and they inform me that its Vodafone is the problem, can any one help,spen a lot of money on the website design, not to have the name blocked out, and logo lost by a red and white banner top and bottom Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Nikonman

Hi Ye guys, thanks for the help, I am using a Nokia C3 and cant find the proxy settings in the config menu, even though I go through a wireless lan, it still looks for Vodafone Live, how do I get it out, Cant seem to find it, Thanks

Great news, Just found the solution on the nokia forum, here it is, I have used the instructions and it works, it does away with the bug to vodafone live and gives access through a wlan, but asks first which type of connection you require,

02-Aug-2010 10:24 PM
    Hello,
You can try this, it may work.
    If you go to Menu - Settings - Configuration - Personal Settings - My Web*
And follow the steps, you do not need to fill in any details, just activate it.

Then go to Menu - Internet - Web Settings - Configuration Settings, then select configuration and change to Personal configuaration. Then the 'account' should say my web.
From now the phone will always ask first, as long as you have selected ask first in the connectivity WLAN options and when packet data is set to when needed.

best of luck , and thanks for the help,

• Advertisement

Thanks for the help, it was really bugging me,:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭elderlemon

Yes. As long as you are on the live apn you are on the daily rate. The proxy is there so vodafone can reformat some pages, cache some others and also stick their lousy banner at the top of every page.

Advertisement