Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Refused JSA

• 17-01-2011 11:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭

Hi;
    My job seekers benefit finished up mid December, i went to SW office in November and they gave me the date it was finishing. Applied for JSA and got a voice message today saying that as i had not collected my last two JSB payments i was now not elegible for JSA! I have to go in to "discuss the remaining payments of my JSB"
    Now afaik, i missed collecting one payment only as i was sick with flu and stuck in the snow in Dublin. I was in the post office a couple of days after my benefit had apparantly finished and there was nothing there for me so i was just waiting on my JSA claim to be processed.

I'm hoping there is just a misunderstanding and will be sorted out,but if i have messed up and they have cut me off, is there a way to appeal it?
    Can i still go to the CWO to get supplementary allowance to tide me over-i've been living off my savings the past few weeks but they are getting low.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Hey!

The reason this would raise a red flag on their end is because if you weren't able to collect your payments one would wonder if you were working the days in question. Indeed, one would wonder whether you were depending on the JSB payments if you were able to miss two (particularly before Christmas).

As such, expect questions to that end: i.e. have you been working and do you have other sources of income at this time.

Like with everything else to do with the SW, I would tidy myself up and get as many documents together that may be relevant before you go into them for the discussion about your JSA claim.

And yes, if you currently have a JSA claim pending you should be entitled to a supplementary welfare payment in the interim (unless your JSB issues have meant a stop is placed on you in the system). Go down to your SW office A.S.A.P. (i.e. today if your scheduled meeting isn't for a while yet) and ask for the right form to fill out and the hours and place your C.W. Officer sits.

If it is a genuine misunderstanding, go into the meeting with your affairs in order and you should be fine! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Hey. Thanks. Went in first thing today. There was a mistake somewhere in their system, they gave me the wrong information. It'll all be sorted for me in the next few days.

Advertisement