Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dreambox 800 HD

Options
  • 17-01-2011 11:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

I'm looking for one of these to use as a FTA box because I can get Saorview and Sat4Free with a 7 day EPG (I'm not planning on using it for anything dodgy just for the record). Anyone know the best place to get one? They're over £400 on Amazon, which I'm not willing to pay. I've seen them on various other sites for under €300 but I dont know if they're reputable. If anyone has ordered one recently please can you recommend?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 turlach

Yup, I'm looking for one too...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭quilmore

I'm tempted with http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.44000
    but haven't taken the plunge yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

Ive purchased from here http://satboxes.com/shop/ They are clones but its working perfectly for me

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭TriStar6

Satworld in Kimmage are reputable and sell genuine boxes, they will do a deal on price if you're buying a couple of things http://satworld.ie/index.php?act=viewCat&catId=32

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭stephendevlin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭tronman

Thanks mate. Is it possible to order one with a 250 GB hard drive installed from that site?

tronman wrote: »
    Thanks mate. Is it possible to order one with a 250 GB hard drive installed from that site?

Id be more inclined to purchase one myself and fit it.

If you know how to use a screwdriver.... You can fit a hard drive in the DM800

Easy peasy... 5 min job.

No science involved or technological electronic training.

Buy yourself a nice Samsung One Ive had good results.

I upgraded my ps3 to 500gb and then put the 80gb in the DM800.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭tronman

Hmm I'd be a bit afraid opening up the box and doing this. For a complete hardware newbie, do you think I'd be able to do it?

Hmm I'd be a bit afraid opening up the box and doing this. For a complete hardware newbie, do you think I'd be able to do it?

can you put batteries on kid's toys? if so, yes
    it fits in one place, cable connector it's odd shape so it will connect in only one way

As I said do you know how to use a screwdriver? :D

Couple of screws... slide cover off (there is a caddy for the hard drive) screw the drive to the caddy and plug it in (special plug in the box for the drive)

DA DAAAA :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭robcon

robcon wrote: »

thanks, you may have been lucky, some high ratio of bad feedback they have... some of the bad ones relating to DM800's

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭flutered

over on the foregin satellite forum of boards this box is pretty well discussed, its well worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 malvec

quilmore wrote: »
    I'm tempted with http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.44000
    but haven't taken the plunge yet

Am noob but can this box be use as a freesat and saorview decoder as well

Cheers

malvec

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

Probably shouldn't be asking this here... .but whats so special about dream boxes? Does one of these have a decent epg? I have an old technomate sat 1000 decoder and thinking of getting a new one this year...

Probably shouldn't be asking this here... .but whats so special about dream boxes? Does one of these have a decent epg? I have an old technomate sat 1000 decoder and thinking of getting a new one this year...

does the one you have allow for card sharing? if not, google for "card sharing"
    dreamboxes are the most popular ones for that, well tested and plenty of support from other users

They use Enigma (linux based OS) which is open source (you can do whatever the hell you want with it) inc Illegal stuff we cant talk about. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

ah right yeah did a bit of googling.... but even for non illegal stuff they are prob a lot better than what i have. I only get a one program epg..... I know freesat gives a 7 day one so i was thinking of getting a free sat endorsed box... but then also thinking of getting a 2 in one.... one that would decode saorview and my sat. don't think this does that though. I'll keep this in mind though, see if anybody finds a bargain on it! thanks lads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 feelys

The famous dreambox 800 hd PVR. The first Linux receiver to have High difinition and hard drive capability. Powerful DVB receiver for digital TV and Radio programs.

Advertisement