Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

red dead redemption undead nightmare

Options
  • 18-01-2011 12:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭

hi ok so who has this? is it any good?

also is the game disc and box in the shops for 30 quid the exact same as the xboxlive arcade dlc?? just wondering as the game disc is 30 and the dlc is 800 ms points that is a huge difference price wise

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

hi ok so who has this? is it any good?

also is the game disc and box in the shops for 30 quid the exact same as the xboxlive arcade dlc?? just wondering as the game disc is 30 and the dlc is 800 ms points that is a huge difference price wise

You get all off the dlc that was released not just undead nightmare. It's totally stand alone and can be played without the original game.

I really enjoyed it and multiplayer was actually more fun now the game has matured a little so to speak , less muppets about.

I'm almost done with my copy should want to do business ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

how much you want for it calex?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

If you're going to get this, and still have the original RDR game, then don't buy the physical copy - get the download instead. I bought the disk on the basis of the fact that it includes two other pieces of DLC but you can't get them off of the disk and install so you can only access them when you're using the Undead Nightmare disk. It's not the end of the World but it means that you can't now go from the main game seemlessly to online as you need to change disks.

it's not the end of the World but seeing as it's cheaper to buy the DLC individually online I feel a bit stupid for paying £20 for the inferior disk.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

Its a good bit of DLC but by god does it get repetitive and boring by the end

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭godwin

I love it , and the multiplayer mode is great.
    Level 140 Legend2 :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I have this. I loved Red Dead; and beat Red Undead but I found it to be a bit of a slog. I must've cleared out towns about 30 times, it feels like a chore at times. The story is good and it is a lot of fun sometimes but I'd only recommend if you loved Red Dead.

Plus i love zombies so it was a no-brainer

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Anyone still playing this online?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

It's an okay add on. Not a single stand out mission.

After clearing out all the towns I only had to go back to 3 to help them again. Here's some tips. Don't fast travel, takes too long in game time. Don't save, this also puts the clock forward, just use the auto save.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

i just bought this add on yesterday! good so far, been back playing online again too, im rank 37, anyone know whats the fastest way to rank up online, what type/game mode is best for gaining xp the quickest

• Registered Users Posts: 29,845 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Just got Read Dead (for the 2nd time!) the other day and bought the Undead pack with all dlc so far for 20 euro from PSN. Went straight into multiplayer to pick a zombie avatar. Gonna finish story mode of RDR first tho and then head into MP.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

i bought undead nightmare the first day it came out from tesco and was bored half way through of clearing out towns that are under attack why do rockstar always nag you with siht like that same with grand theft auto 4 and bringin friends out??

all i want is a long killer storyline

and business opurtunities maybe if theyre is somethinhg worthwhile buying with money you earn

and i could never grasp the whole 100 hidden packages crap???

dont tell me people actually collect them?:o

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I've only had to re-take a small number of towns, like rizzla, I don't use save or fast travel, but when I play, I tend to play for an extended time.

I didn't finish the SP, must go back and sort that. There's never enough time to get through all the games I have :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

i bought undead nightmare the first day it came out from tesco and was bored half way through of clearing out towns that are under attack why do rockstar always nag you with siht like that same with grand theft auto 4 and bringin friends out??

all i want is a long killer storyline

and business opurtunities maybe if theyre is somethinhg worthwhile buying with money you earn

and i could never grasp the whole 100 hidden packages crap???

dont tell me people actually collect them?:o

Rockstar don't force you to collect packages, the same as they didn't force you to take your friends out in GTA4 (other than a couple of times to demonstrate how the process works) but they reward you if you do. it's entirely up to the player whether or not they can be bothered.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Undead Nightmare just turned up today for me. I ordered it from Zavvi last week along with Enslaved for a total of €31.

Advertisement