Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Build

Options
  • 18-01-2011 1:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭

Couldnt find my last thread on this...

So here goes , after much thought and tryin to save money this is what i have come up with , am not 100% happy with the graphics card still , i was hoping for a 470 but cant find one at a decent price

The whole rig comes to 790 eur with 30 eur shipping

If anyone can help on the graphics card that would be great

Cheers

P.S I have a case already.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Keywal

first off you don't need that much power! :eek:

http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.html
    this will help you choose the GPU..

your's is somewhere outside the top ten, not that i'm saying you should pay loads for a GPU...

for example, the Radeon HD 6950 is 4th on the list, only the new nvidia GTX's are higher but.... the 6950 is around 250 on the same site where the GTX's are nearly 200 euro more!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 38 dolihalix

I'll be going for something similar very soon, and I'm going for 6950. You can unlock it to 6970 which makes it great value for around 260. It's 100 more than 460, so it's up to you.

Advertisement