Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funds in bank account

Options
  • 18-01-2011 4:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭

I plan on travelling to Australia on a WHV in october, Just wondering if I need to have 3000 euros in my account to get a visa, If I do could I get a loan out then print the bank statement then pay the loan back straight away
    Any anwsers welcomed

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

It's not really checked, once you have access to the money (if you had a credit card) then you'll be fine

do a search on the forum for this - this has come up loads of times

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

does that matter if ive booked a return flight or not, or will just having a credit card an access to funds be enough
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

astonaidan wrote: »
    does that matter if ive booked a return flight or not, or will just having a credit card an access to funds be enough
    Thanks

return flight would prove it

but just having access will be good enough -

they honestly don't check it, it's more they want you to have this so you don't fall into trouble etc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

In fairness i would recommend having at least that. What you need is 5000AUD, which is about €3,800. I wasnt checked coming in, but unless you have lined up some work straight away you could do with at least that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

Your start up costs in Oz will require you to have a few Gs in the bank. Rental deposit (by law, 4 times the weekly rent), car/bike, money before you get work all add up pretty quick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭uglyjohn

Vorsprung wrote: »
    Your start up costs in Oz will require you to have a few Gs in the bank. Rental deposit (by law, 4 times the weekly rent), car/bike, money before you get work all add up pretty quick.

completely agree. you should have a few grand to keep your head above water while you're looking for work.

i jumped through hoops getting my bank statement posted to an embassy in thailand to prove i had the funds and they never checked. i was livid! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 39,354 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

They don't check it, but its for your own good.
    If you don't have 5k coming in, you'll find cutting it close.

As for return flight, the is no requirement to have a return flight booked. I booked a oneway coming out, as I knew it wasn't getting better at home soon

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭greenprincess

I know people have already said it, but you would really want to have that money in your account. Its really expensive out here!! And while it is 'easy' to get jobs, I was lucky I got one in 3 days but a lot of the lads had a month with out a job. So seriously try to bring as much as you can with u

Advertisement