Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lexmark 3500-4500 Printer Original CD Driver For Windows Needed in Galway Please!

• 18-01-2011 5:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭

Only gettin' around to asking now, meant to check weeks ago, but am just wondering if there's any-one in Galway (Mods please don't move this Thread, it's some-one in same location that I need.) that would have the original CD Driver for Lexmark 3500-4500 Series Printer, that I could borrow for a day or the few hours that it's needed.

I mis-laid mine, and it's the only option I have left to try and get my ever-troublesome Printer working or else will have to go buy a new one.

As it happens my Printer model has been dis-continued I think, but anyways there is like 5 Laptops in the house lol, and I've tried downloading the Driver off the Lexmark Website onto a couple of the Laptops. On mine I keep getting asked to re-boot my computer a couple of steps into the installing process, on another Laptop it just freezes the screen and doesn't install anything at all, so my thoughts are that there's something not right on the Website end, when it's a few Laptops that it won't install on. However I was lucky to discover that the Driver Software has been installed on one other of the House Laptops and this would have been from 8 months to a year ago, and it prints on that, so this also leads me to believe that there is something up with the Website for the last while ...... So to try and get it installed on the other Laptops, final thing to try is the original Driver CD itself and maybe see if that can in some way kick-start it to install right lol if I could only lay my hands on it ..... So if any-one out there has one please let me know, it would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

(Apologies for getting technical in a non-tech Thread I just wanted to explain why I need to try out the Original CD Driver and see if that works, cheers.)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭fergpie

nevermid. should read post fully first!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Perhaps those CDs are hard to come by so if you don't get a response here for a CD I'll kick this over to Computer forum where they can show you how to copy drivers from one computer to another.
    Or maybe someone in Cork has the drivers and can upload them for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

Thanks Biko. I have tried to transfer Driver from one computer to another but that won't even open silly thing. I was trying to get the point across that just downloading the Driver off a Website as a person normally would, isn't working for whatever reason, so that's why I need to try the original CD Driver, - there might be very slight things different on the CD that might make the difference in its' installing I don't know. Will check in other Forum cheers.

Eh um Cork?!:confused: Are they good with Computers down there or what?! :D:D

Cork drives the nation don'tchaknow :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

biko wrote: »
    Cork drives the nation don'tchaknow :D

some other mod better ban you for saying that ;)

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

have u tried running the downloaded drivers in "compatibility mode"?

i find if i get a driver installation program being fail it works if u set the setup file to run in "compatibility mode" example if your laptop is win 7 try set the compatibility mode to vista sp2 mode

if laptop is vista set the setup file to run in xp sp3 compatibility mode

9 times out of 10 it will work when it comes to printer drivers

Set-up file?!? Yeah it's Vista. Have SP2. Don't fancy messin' about, wouldn't be sure what I'm at lol. Fec it anyways :( I'd be able get it back printing like if there was only a way to get into System Restore prior 2 a fecin measly 5 days like ..... :rolleyes::(

Guess no-one has a Lexmark 3500-4500 Printer CD then ........

Advertisement